Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So everything we campaigned for...

Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

In terms if staying blue, has been lost because of a load of U-Turning bellends who decided to lick Malaysian arse as soon as there was talk of them pulling out.
No wonder people laugh at us, we're bloody pushovers

Re: So everything we campaigned for...

Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm

This was the malyasians plan. They knew everyone would flip and hate the idea, but they also understand how passionate the fans are and know that they wouldnt see them struggle financially. So cardiff fans cant win really.

Mon May 14, 2012 3:58 pm

i really dont care what other people think of us......end of the day, if VT pulls out there will be no CCFC anymore. Simple as that

Mon May 14, 2012 3:58 pm

CantonJack wrote:In terms if staying blue, has been lost because of a load of U-Turning bellends who decided to lick Malaysian arse as soon as there was talk of them pulling out.

Oh so only now your getting it :lol: i knew this as soon as they turned in to brown nose's after they was on about pulling out with the old scaremongering tactics in the press and on here by some :oops: for 95% of most reg posters on here tbh. Its like a boneyard here just a massive line of peoples spines that have fallen out over the last few days and i will never look at some of them in the eye again i would rather turn my back on them.

Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 pm

as far as i can recall there has been no campaigne just
fans on forums speaking out.
i will buy the away shirt for home matches,just glad we still got the bluebird,for how long who knows?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:01 pm

What were the options then people, please enlighten me as it seems they had us over a barrell.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 pm

What do you mean everything we campaigned for!!!

We haven't campaigned for anything unless you mean some people ranting on social networks!

Mon May 14, 2012 4:09 pm

im going to be wobbly supporter next year caus my spine has fallen out--

bollocks im going to be watching a decent team hopefully with 10 new signings--playing in red or any other colour

If the Dinosaurs win we will be watching Bluebirds v Merthyr

Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

CantonJack wrote:In terms if staying blue, has been lost because of a load of U-Turning bellends who decided to lick Malaysian arse as soon as there was talk of them pulling out.

Are you happy this Langston debt is nearly sorted ?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Mafor wrote:im going to be watching a decent team hopefully with 10 new signings--playing in red or any other colour

No mention of what team you might be watching then as long as its got NEW SIGNINGS :lol:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Agree with you mate, they must be sitting on the plane flying over laughing at how easy the plan worked, that happened to me in school and at the age of 5 i was silly to fall for it, grown men on here still fall for it, i never did, they want to change our club, we need to stop! :ayatollah: BLUEbirds

Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Beans wrote:

Are you happy this Langston debt is nearly sorted ?

Very happy with it, but why do we need to play in red for it to happen?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:What do you mean everything we campaigned for!!!

We haven't campaigned for anything unless you mean some people ranting on social networks!

We campaigned to keep our club the way it was, like Annis said before he changed his mind and went with the Malaysians, we need to keep our club, they will change that, in years or maybe months they will use same tactics to change our name. :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Got £40mil to keep us afloat for the next two years? If not, pipe down.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I love a good conspiracy theory. :ayatollah:

I agree with you but bell ends and licking arse statements don't help the cause.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Oh so only now your getting it :lol: i knew this as soon as they turned in to brown nose's after they was on about pulling out with the old scaremongering tactics in the press and on here by some :oops: for 95% of most reg posters on here tbh. Its like a boneyard here just a massive line of peoples spines that have fallen out over the last few days and i will never look at some of them in the eye again i would rather turn my back on them.

I noticed it a while back, but I stayed away from the board a little for the last few days while it was very busy on here (roughly 1000 on here at one time all making the same thread sort of pissed me off)

Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 pm

RFMH wrote:Got £40mil to keep us afloat for the next two years? If not, pipe down.

This ....

Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Blue/Red Army wrote:

We campaigned to keep our club the way it was, like Annis said before he changed his mind and went with the Malaysians, we need to keep our club, they will change that, in years or maybe months they will use same tactics to change our name. :ayatollah:

It seems like we're going round in circles.
First some school kid calls me and others who dont share his views "bellends"!

Secondly to answer your point mate, it's against league rules since the MK Dons saga! :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Blue/Red Army wrote:

Secondly to answer your point mate, it's against league rules since the MK Dons saga! :ayatollah:

so they wont b able to change are name,humble i thought if given enough notice they could

Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

The influential few have used their power and influence over other fans to push for their own selfish agendas (which turning red achieves), under the guise of it being imperative for survival.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The influential few have used their power and influence over other fans to push for their own selfish agendas (which turning red achieves), under the guise of it being imperative for survival.

Atleast we have 2-3 people awake on this forum, that was always the plan. The brown envelope works wonders these days :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Don't tar everyone with the same brush!!

Those of us that didn't abuse/ threaten etc wanted to see the proposals in full - this to some extent is what we are still waiting for.

At the end of the day the malaysians are businessmen, they want to make sure that they are not throwing away their money.
If they think that by us playing in red will help them create other lines of investment and for them to recoup some of their cash, I have to accept their better judgement.

Am I totally happy with it, no, but I am a realist.

Next season I would rather be playing in red with our present badge than worrying about what the future holds.

We still have a club to support so why not celebrate that fact!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

77, genuine question for you. Last season you were one of main dissenters against the style of play we played last season. indeed i think was you who started calling our style 'hoofball' and you on more than one occasion freely admitted that you booed the players off.
Malky didn't have a budget to compete with the top spenders so we played a brand that made us compete in and around the top 6 all season.
Having seen Malky's budget limitations you weren't happy with our football anddidn't enjoy it. Now if the malaysians pull out and we plummet down the leagues (best realistic scenario) what makes you so confident that you will continue to pay good money to watch sub standard football week in week out?

Like i said, genuine question?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:What were the options then people, please enlighten me as it seems they had us over a barrell.

Yep.

No options. (unless we go bust)

Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The influential few have used their power and influence over other fans to push for their own selfish agendas (which turning red achieves), under the guise of it being imperative for survival.

See mate, you find it impossible to answer without a dig! I find that pathetic

Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

sleepers wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Blue/Red Army wrote:

so they wont b able to change are name,humble i thought if given enough notice they could

People who know far more than me have told me that, and i have read it on the boards countless times in the past few days.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:39 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:

That's your prerogative I suppose, but there was no intention to have a "dig" at anyone with that comment - it is purely how I see the situation, given the evidence I have to go on. Surely its better for me to say my true opinion, rather than feel I should have to hide it incase people like you think I'm having a "dig"?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:40 pm

thanks gringo didnt know that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Thankfully it's Football Association rules - you can't change the name of the club. We'd be Cardiff Dragons or something otherwise.

Very disappointed at how easily people have rolled over and agreed to the change.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

That's your prerogative I suppose, but there was no intention to have a "dig" at anyone with that comment - it is purely how I see the situation, given the evidence I have to go on. Surely its better for me to say my true opinion, rather than feel I should have to hide it incase people like you think I'm having a "dig"?

Well i said that i would begrudgingly accept changing our kit if it meant financial security (not premiership dream) long before Gwyn said about liquidation. I have no agenda other than to see Cardiff City's debts cleared and increase the odds of being able to take my boys to watch them in the forseeable future.

By the way i made a (feeble) attempt to reply to you and explain my position in Angelis 49 thread. :ayatollah: