Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Teams relegated from the prem

Mon May 14, 2012 10:09 am

The 3 teams relegated from the PREMIER LEAGUE this year all look very weak to previous years of Newcastle, West Ham etc etc coming down

Bolton have 11 players out of contract who will try and jump ship

Blackburn look like they might do a Leeds and go into free fall

and Wolves look very poor this year and a big re-building job is needed

So looks like it will be a very tight league next year with I think at least 10/12 teams all in with a shout of automatic promotion

:ayatollah:

Re: Teams relegated from the prem

Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am

Unsure over what Bolton players are out of contract, but I can see them losing most of them anyway:

Bolton will probably lose:
Petrov
Lee (korean dude who's been injured all season)
Jääskeläinen
Robinson
Holden
K.Davies
Klasnic
Reo-Coker
David N'Gog
And probably more:

Blackburn could lose:
Robinson
Salgado
Olsson (possibly both)
Givet
Dunn
Pedersen
N'Zonzi
Dann
Yakubu
Hoilett

Wolves could lose:
Hennessey (although he's injured for 4 months)
Kightly
Jarvis
Fletcher
Hunt
O'Hara
Milijas
Henry
Doyle
Foley

A lot of players to go there, mind you we had a lot come and go last season and we still got top 6.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm

I think that Wolves will actually be the strongest of the three next season, due to the fact they have lived sensibly within their means and are not lumbered with huge salaries and long term player contracts to service.

Their chairman has stated they are in a good position financially and they do not want to sell or intend to sell any of their key players.

The other two are likely to struggle, especially if Venkys choose to cut and run.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 pm

out of those players listed, if you could sign one from each team for next season, who would you sign?

Bolton - Kevin Davies = good hold up play and a general handful for defenders...would be a valuable addition in this league.

Blackburn - Yakubu = as mentioned in a previous post by myself, I think he would be a cracking signing from the successful loan spell he had a Leicester last season. Would get 20+ goals too!!

Wolves - Michael Kightly = tricky winger would would terrorise most full backs in the league and hpefully provide plenty of assists and goal scoring opportunities.

feel free to share different opinions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: