Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Cardiff Don't need to play in red to be lucky"

Mon May 14, 2012 5:57 am

Man United were lucky that Manchester City won the league.
Liverpool were lucky they finished below Everton.

Two of the biggest brands in Asia wear red and don't get too much luck.

Chelsea are in the champions League final and won the FA Cup.
Man City won the Premiership.

The most successful Premiership teams this season wear blue.

I don't understand why some people don't care about Cardiff's traditions. I don't get how so many people are happy to sell out and sell the club badge, colours and nickname for cash and success. I respect their opinions I just don't understand how as people they could swap something they love for a change (yes, a chance) of consolidation in the Premier League.

We are not a massive club. Why would Malaysian people swap Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca and Madrid for Cardiff City? this is just a hobbyist experimenting with our club. He has a right to do so financially. I like the Malaysian owners until they tried this one. I am not afraid to say it because I don't care for their money. Sure, I would like success but I will not swap the club (as I know it) for someone's money and a few years of excitement. I was excited when Sam took over. I can see this ending up in tears.

The biggest thing that gets me is all the people wanting to suck up to the Malaysians. It makes us look like complete losers. Submissive, subservient, gutless, soft, passionless cry babies. Is that what my football club represents.

I can see your point about the possibility of this bloke paying off our debts but I will not share my club with Malasia. This is very different to a Fly Emirates or Etihad sponsorship. To any Joe on the streets of London, my Cardiff shirt has a big Malasia on it. Not visit Malaysia, Air Malaysia - it is a country the sin't mine on the shirt.

I understand and respect people for their opinions. I just cannot handle it. I get angry, emotional and fucked off with this man for wanting this. He is not Cardiff. He is a money man who likes his football. That's OK. I just disagree.

I will never sell out. Never.

Re: Man United were lucky

Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 am

And you will never watch us at the CCS will you

Mon May 14, 2012 6:22 am

Manu won nineteen titles, Liverpool eighteen, that makes them luckier than Man city and Everton according to your logic....

Re: "Cardiff Don't need to play in red to be lucky"

Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 am

Poor arguments lads. I was being respectful and genuine.
1. Of course I will go to the CCS to watch Cardiff. I will go if we play in red and are called the Aldi Arse Lickers. I just don't like what's going on.
2. OK. What about Glasgow Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid and Barcelona?

I am not arguing. I am trying to understand. My feelings are real and not really based on logic. If you want to shoot down my feelings with little one-liners then that says a lot about you. My post is looking for understanding into the midn of someone who would give up things they love for cash. Simple. I respect the views of the Eastern Red Dragon lot but I just can't get the emotional stuff can be put aside so easily on the promise of one man who does not love you or our club.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 am

Fergy1927 wrote:Poor arguments lads. I was being respectful and genuine.
1. Of course I will go to the CCS to watch Cardiff. I will go if we play in red and are called the Aldi Arse Lickers. I just don't like what's going on.
2. OK. What about Glasgow Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid and Barcelona?

I am not arguing. I am trying to understand. My feelings are real and not really based on logic. If you want to shoot down my feelings with little one-liners then that says a lot about you. My post is looking for understanding into the midn of someone who would give up things they love for cash. Simple. I respect the views of the Eastern Red Dragon lot but I just can't get the emotional stuff can be put aside so easily on the promise of one man who does not love you or our club.

Obviously you have a right to your view. Mine was much the same on Tuesday. However, I think this is a really stark choice.

You say "Sure, I would like success but I will not swap the club (as I know it) for someone's money and a few years of excitement." But you might actually be losing your /our club by not taking the money.

Admin is very unlikely to be an option because creditors won't agree to a 10p in £ type pay off (VT, PMG, Langston, etc.) so the alternative is winding up. In our instance they are likely to get a better recovery rate by winding us up and therefore we would be starting again right down the bottom with the very real prospect of never being allowed back into the English FA pyramid. To avoid that would, I suggest, be worth swapping Blue for Red for.

I hear all these people saying "I'd follow City in the League of Wales" and that, initially may be true. But after a short while trips to Llanelli will lose their appeal, we have a "once in a lifetime" opportunity here and I don't think it is right that we diss it on a point of principle. Cardiff City in red will still be Cardiff City, just hopefully Cardiff City of the Premiership not the Championship :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 am

I see your point but disagree.

I think AFC Wimbledon give us old school football supporters hope and a real alternative to selling out.

Tue May 15, 2012 6:04 am

Bluebina wrote:Manu won nineteen titles, Liverpool eighteen, that makes them luckier than Man city and Everton according to your logic....

Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 am

Fergy1927 wrote:I see your point but disagree.

I think AFC Wimbledon give us old school football supporters hope and a real alternative to selling out.

IF not wearing red actually sends us into oblivion.

Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 am

I suspect that Tan has an investor lined up who's business in the Far East is primarily RED and who have some kind of RED DRAGON on their logo ..... call me a cynic but maybe Im wrong and all will become clear and evident after the Board meeting today ?

Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 am

Good post. Wrexham are Welsh play in Red and have a Dragon on there crest.ask there fans how Fooking lucky they are ? :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:34 am

From my perspective there is no such thing as luck. The teams that win things are the best teams. A bad team in blue or red is still a bad team. A good team in blue or red is still a good team. The colour of the shirt has no bearing on whether the team plays well or not.

StT.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 am

Hadn't really looked into it but found this and it quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

Tue May 15, 2012 11:48 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Good post. Wrexham are Welsh play in Red and have a Dragon on there crest.ask there fans how Fooking lucky they are ? :lol:

Do they have Asian investors? ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Good post. Wrexham are Welsh play in Red and have a Dragon on there crest.ask there fans how Fooking lucky they are ? :lol:

:lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

No Chief they don't. How unlucky are they ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

No Chief they don't. How unlucky are they ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: