Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just a couple of questions that I have not seen answered

Mon May 14, 2012 4:47 am

These questions may have already been answered but I have not seen a response.

1.) So at what point do teams have to turn in their suggested designs for the coming year? If it has already passed as it has been impield, than how are the previous plans actually scrapped?....Shorter version; If the team had already been planning on red jersey's, is it too late to change back to blue?

2.) So if it is true that the Malaysians have compromised, at what point did the compromise take place? Was it before or after they wrote the letter? That's what I don't get. From what I understand it was after the letter.....so was this really a compromise? The letter stated the boys would be in blue, but the compromise was just for the bluebird to be on the badge nothing else....

Heck at this point I don't care, as long as there's a bluebird somewhere and the Malaysians put the $100 million in... :ayatollah:

Re: Just a couple of questions that I have not seen answered

Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 am

Not sure on the date of point one but they would have registered a red and blue kit anyway so it wouldnt really matter I don't think?

Mon May 14, 2012 10:39 am

Not sure what the exact cutoff date is but the football league rules state the following.

37.1 During the Close Season, the Executive shall obtain from each Club, in writing, details of its colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an 'away' or 'alternative' strip.

Mon May 14, 2012 10:59 am

a question I have asked but am yet to receive an answer on is, just how much research has the club done into this re-branding?

Did they appoint a market research company to go to Asia and look into this and therefore now have specific data by which to base this decision on? Or is it merely Mr. Tan's belief that this is the way to go?

What concerns me is that while Mr Tan is an incredibly successful business man how much does he actually know about football and the football shirt market in Malaysia? If, however, the club is relying on comprehensive market research that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that this would be a hugely successful move then that is a different matter altogether! I would just feel a lot more comfortable with this re-brand if it had been looked into comprehensively and we weren't just selling out based on superstition and one man's belief.

Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 am

I don't know but I very much doubt the extra commercial revenue they talk of will be football shirts.

Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:I don't know but I very much doubt the extra commercial revenue they talk of will be football shirts.

i agree with you there. Would just be interesting to see whether they have looked into this professionally and comprehensively or whether it's just on Mr Tan's suggestion. For all I know Mr Tan maybe an expert in this and his word is as good as any market research company but I personally would feel a lot more comfortable if they have covered all their bases.

Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 am

He doesn't seem the type to just blow money so if he is putting 100m in he must have a strong plan of action.

Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 am

2blue2handle wrote:He doesn't seem the type to just blow money so if he is putting 100m in he must have a strong plan of action.

you would think so but the sacking of Gethin Jenkin's proves that he does make major decisions based on superstition. I just hope that such a huge decision for our football club is based on more than that.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Gethin Jenkins wasn't sacked just his contract not renewed.
It's not as if he was an exciting CEO anyway.

Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Im a bit confused coz after the leaking of the red kit etc last week some fans made photo shop pics of possible kits .... Barrie Mac then says thanks for the ideas but cut off date for kit manufacture has passed . Then we get all the fuss and the backtracking by VT/TG to reverting back to blue and all the nonsense that followed , the the open letter goes on to say that ALL was confidential and not to be aired until after the board meeting . So my point is the timing of the plans about the total re-branding and when it was going to happen and when the £100mil new investment would appear ???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Im a bit confused coz after the leaking of the red kit etc last week some fans made photo shop pics of possible kits .... Barrie Mac then says thanks for the ideas but cut off date for kit manufacture has passed . Then we get all the fuss and the backtracking by VT/TG to reverting back to blue and all the nonsense that followed , the the open letter goes on to say that ALL was confidential and not to be aired until after the board meeting . So my point is the timing of the plans about the total re-branding and when it was going to happen and when the £100mil new investment would appear ???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think you may find, and I'm not 100% sure, they have sent kits pictures in for approval, now whether or not they mat have sent in one or two and once the pass approval, they can then decide on the final one ot of those accepted by the league.
That may make more sense because it still a good few weeks off restarting and there can be so many changes at all the clubs such as sponsors names etc.