Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our Shirt Sponsor

Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 pm

with the Malaysians going on about 'revenue' and 'income' and the fact our club can't go on the way it is without investment? does anyone know if we get any income off our 'Malaysia' shirt sponsor?

im really confused whether we get any money from it? surely a country can't sponsor us? it might be a silly question but i'v just been wondering!... i'm sure we could get a massive Malaysian business (like what QPR got) sponsoring us, which must bring a fair bit of money into the club! surely a bigger sponsor must bring in alot more income than selling a few more shirts in asia?

call it a silly question but i just wanted to know the answer to it! :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: Our Shirt Sponsor

Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

I doubt we get income from it. If it was a major Malaysian airway or hotel chain then fair enough

Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 pm

CantonJack wrote:I doubt we get income from it. If it was a major Malaysian airway or hotel chain then fair enough

thats what i thought, so surely if money is such a problem why can't they get a decent shirt sponsor which brings in more money?

Sun May 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm almost certain it was reported that VT put the money in for the sponsor.
And offered more than what was on offer from "normal sponsors"
From memory I think it was 200k

Sun May 13, 2012 10:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm almost certain it was reported that VT put the money in for the sponsor.
And offered more than what was on offer from "normal sponsors"
From memory I think it was 200k

that's all? :o im sure we could get more than that from costcutter sponsoring us :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 pm

I remember having this debate with someone else a while back and when we looked up the previous deals they were less.

Only one that beat it was the 666 ball or whatever they were called, a reported 250k but lated one game :lol: super dodgy :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 pm

£100m apparently or at least it was going to be

Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I remember having this debate with someone else a while back and when we looked up the previous deals they were less.

Only one that beat it was the 666 ball or whatever they were called, a reported 250k but lated one game :lol: super dodgy :lol:

i remember that, yellow with chinese writing, looked f*cking awful :lol: im sure they can find someone which offers alot more, VTs a buisiness man, he must be able to get a few deals!

Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 pm

bluelover wrote:£100m apparently or at least it was going to be

gone from £250k to £100 mil, big difference :lol:

Mon May 14, 2012 12:12 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I remember having this debate with someone else a while back and when we looked up the previous deals they were less.

i remember that, yellow with chinese writing, looked f*cking awful :lol: im sure they can find someone which offers alot more, VTs a buisiness man, he must be able to get a few deals!

I'd love one of those shirts made, proper limited edition

Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 am

I think if id put 40 million into the club in 2 years ,id be entitled to have Malaysia on the shirt.I think weve had a good deal