Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manchester

Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I am in Manchester with work, so took the opportunity to go into the City centre, hoping to see some action, there was City fans everywhere no sign of any Utd, I was told they were in Mulligans, there was old bill everywhere. I went into pub full of City all singing they won the league in fergie time. I was at the bar when I received a text, so I pulled my phone out, City fans around me say is that Cardiff City on your phone, I said yeah, they were all quizzing me on us changing our colour. They were sound, I was disappointed that considering how they won title against their local rivals how quiet Manchester was, I honestly thought it would be nuts, I paid over £30 in taxi fares to be nosey. If that was us winning it would have been mental, just goes to show that us City fans are more passionate that any fans. Keep the faith.

Re: Manchester

Sun May 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Real cute.

Sun May 13, 2012 10:16 pm

I would have expected it to be mental there, especially as they've been waiting 44 years for a title. Most Man City fans are either oldies who have seen it before, or kids who have recently joined in because of success. Then you've got a select few in the middle

Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

CantonJack wrote:I would have expected it to be mental there, especially as they've been waiting 44 years for a title. Most Man City fans are either oldies who have seen it before, or kids who have recently joined in because of success. Then you've got a select few in the middle

What are your sources?

Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Karl wrote:
CantonJack wrote:I would have expected it to be mental there, especially as they've been waiting 44 years for a title. Most Man City fans are either oldies who have seen it before, or kids who have recently joined in because of success. Then you've got a select few in the middle

What are your sources?

Just from what i've observed

Sun May 13, 2012 10:21 pm

man city have always had a big following, so they will have fan's of all ages.

Sun May 13, 2012 10:21 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Karl wrote:

What are your sources?

Just from what i've observed

You should look for a job on Wall Street.

Sun May 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Clueless. Manchester City is the team for Manchester. Most Mancunians are City supporters. I doubt Cardiff would get in excess of 35k in the third tier, look at your history. Man City have always had a huge following :old:

As for the OP. Stop bigging up our support, if Cardiff fans were so passionate we would sell out every week and not boo like f**k every time we ain't winning. Back in my day we were passionate, the 4k in NP. :old:

Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am

Man City are the local team. I live in Whittington and the main road was packed with Man City fans after the final whistle. Happy for the local Mancs, they've taken allot of stick from United fans, today was their day. :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 am

I respect Man City fans, they've always been there. I was buzzing when Aguero scored in the 95th minute, the look on all the Man Utd fans faces as it came up on the big screen that Man City scored was priceless. :lol:

Mon May 14, 2012 5:13 am

Manchester went totally nuts last night.

Man city fans are some of the noisiest, hardest and most passionate fans in the land.