Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ELECTRICIAN'S???

Sun May 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Anyone a electrician or know of any looking to take on apretinses? to do alongside my college course :ayatollah:

Re: ELECTRICIAN'S???

Sun May 13, 2012 9:58 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Anyone a electrician or know of any looking to take on apretinses? to do alongside my college course :ayatollah:

im an electrician....very hard out there....try evans electrical,they busy,tremora electrical worth a go,good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by krabb on Sun May 13, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 13, 2012 9:59 pm

krabb wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Anyone a electrician or know of any looking to take on apretinses? to do alongside my college course :ayatollah:

im an electrician....very hard out there....try evans electrical,they busy,good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers mate iv tryed a few already but no luck guess ill try harder :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:01 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
krabb wrote:

im an electrician....very hard out there....try evans electrical,they busy,good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers mate iv tryed a few already but no luck guess ill try harder :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

il have a chat tomorrow with someone,do you drive, :ayatollah:
im self employed and cant do anything for you :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 pm

krabb wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
krabb wrote:

il have a chat tomorrow with someone,do you drive, :ayatollah:
im self employed and cant do anything for you :ayatollah:

no mate im 16 anfd i finsih school next week :D :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 pm

do you know any of the borleys????...steve got a small electrical side aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 pm

krabb wrote:

do you know any of the borleys????...steve got a small electrical side aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeah i do mate in fact :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 pm

just a little word of advice get someone else to fill the application form in for you :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 10:24 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
krabb wrote:

yeah i do mate in fact :ayatollah:

have a chat....maybe uncle steve can help out...but again all the best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 8:27 am

It is tough out there at the moment.

My son started with a small company late last year after over 18 months of looking. He had a number of qualifications already, part P qualified etc. as he had done a collage course and also some other training, but no one would take him on, as he had no experience.

He went through the phone book and wrote to dozens of Electricians, with little success. However he was cheeky and while doing his other job, called at a house that had an Electricians van on the drive he asked the guy for some advice and offered to even work for nothing to get some experience. He had a trial and a few weeks later started as an apprentice. Money was bad at the start, but has started to rise as he gains more experience, he is going to collage on day release and hopefully in s few years will be qualified.

You have to be cheeky and ask everyone with anything to do with electrics if they have any openings, if you keep at it you will find something in the end.

good luck

Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 am

robertsm wrote:It is tough out there at the moment.

My son started with a small company late last year after over 18 months of looking. He had a number of qualifications already, part P qualified etc. as he had done a collage course and also some other training, but no one would take him on, as he had no experience.

He went through the phone book and wrote to dozens of Electricians, with little success. However he was cheeky and while doing his other job, called at a house that had an Electricians van on the drive he asked the guy for some advice and offered to even work for nothing to get some experience. He had a trial and a few weeks later started as an apprentice. Money was bad at the start, but has started to rise as he gains more experience, he is going to collage on day release and hopefully in s few years will be qualified.

You have to be cheeky and ask everyone with anything to do with electrics if they have any openings, if you keep at it you will find something in the end.

good luck

This is good advice,my own son wanted to be a carpenter and after leaving school soon found jobs hard to come by but then a mate told him he'd of a firm in pontyclun that might be looking to take somone on.Not waiting for me to come home from worked he walked from senghenydd to pontyclun only to find they wern't looking initialy but after talking to him and finding out he'd actualy walked they gave him a job.Six years later he's now self employed and builds film and tv sets for a living and has worked on many projects like Dr Who,Casualty,etc.Keep knocking on those doors,eventually one will open for you. :ayatollah:

PS I've always admired any kid thats prepared to not wait for something to come to him.It will take you far in life :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks for the great advice I'm going to take this on board and ring every electricain!! I really wanna do this and I have a passion for it. Thanks again!