Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS RED THING

Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 pm

My immediate thoughts were WHY?

I really could not understand why they wanted to go that far and knew it was a crazy idea knowing the reaction they would get from the fans. After a few thinks about it I started to appreciate that the Malaysians wanted some representation on the shirt. However I still felt it was a bridge to far and they the Malaysians needed to water their idea down.

When I was an ex-pat living in the Middle East I got to watch City play thanks to the introduction of satellite. While watching a game involving City during the middle of winter one year while I was laying on my bed sun burnt I noticed for the first time the Welsh flag on the shirt. That really bought a lump to my throat and it is one of those instances in time I will not forget. It made me realise all the Malaysians really need to do is put the Malaysian flag on the shirt. Perhaps above the badge or next to the Welsh one. I really thing that is all is needed and everyone will be happy.

It is good to read that both sides are mellowing down and now starting to see both sides of the argument. A compromise was always going to be an answer here, most of us just did not see it at the time. There have been some smart designs floating about. I like the one on here with a shirt that has a red bottom flaming into a blue top. I now hope we have something like that, a shirt that keeps our traditions and introduces our new friends from the Far East. :ayatollah:

Re: THIS RED THING

Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Reported.....too sensible ;)

Sun May 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Marc wrote:Reported.....too sensible ;)

:cry:

Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

The word 'Malaysia' is plastered across the front of the shirt in big letters. That is enough imo.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am

You obviously dont realise that the Red colour is big news in China and all over Asia
B;ue is just a no go

Chinese brides wear red --Its the lucky colour and will sell much better than any other

Black is also cool

Blue is for Sombre moments==Funerals and death--read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

You lived in a small part of Asia ---its a big place

Tan knows the market better than all of us ---trust him or hel be off

Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 am

Good post Baked.....I have really wrestled with this thing, and honestly I think I have come full circle. My priorities were 1.) Keep the Bluebird 2.) Don't change the badge, 3.) Don't change to red.

Now honestly after all the talk and cooling off.....I am in favor of the red, as long as 1.) the Malaysians back the change up with cash. 2.) The bluebird stays somewhere on the badge.....and that's it.... simple as that.

It is amazing what a few days of thought can do. It is a shame "the leaker" did not give the Malaysians a chance to tell their side.

I know the blue top with red bottom is the trending talk, but I think it would be wiser to show willingness to compromise and do the red and white design....

Mon May 14, 2012 4:05 am

Mafor wrote:You obviously dont realise that the Red colour is big news in China and all over Asia
B;ue is just a no go

Chinese brides wear red --Its the lucky colour and will sell much better than any other

Black is also cool

Blue is for Sombre moments==Funerals and death--read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

You lived in a small part of Asia ---its a big place

Tan knows the market better than all of us ---trust him or hel be off

Yeah, that's why Chelsea are huge in China. Good old wikipedia.