Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RESPECT VS CONTEMPT

Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 am

I have to wonder as not being an expert on the malaysian point of view whether they view some fans of the club with respect or contempt.

This is only my personal opinion but i have far more respect for peple who have sensibly voiced their opinions on the rebranding and stood by their principles without making things personal.

How do the Malaysian owners view the fans at the moment?

We has some fans who have decided to take a grovelling approach that is almost embarrassing , do you honestly think they respect that?

I honestly think that some of the fans opinions in objecting to the changes were valid and expressed very well , although others left a lot to be desired. I do not believe this should have ever been made personal on any level either towards other fans or the management of the club.

Some of the posts I have read post thursdays announcemnt have made me wonder as some people seem to value the promise of a large investment more than their identity and are prepared to go to embarrasing lengths to show the owners that we want them here.

I cannot believe that they were not expecting a backlash and some sort of healthy debate over this topic and in no way were they expecting us to lie down and accept any terms that were dictated like some of those on this forum have posted recently.

Being a yes man will not get you respect a point some people on here need to learn. Putting your objections across in a clear conscise and respectful way however will at least get you taken seriously.

I hope for the best for CCFC in the forthcoming days as I believed from the breaking of this news on monday that the key was in the compromise something I still think holds true.

My old man has a saying and I think it has never been more true than at the moment.

Opinionions are like arseholes , everyone has one but nobody wants to hear yours.