Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE RUMOURS I'VE HEARD

Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm

"Cardiff City are leading the chase to sign Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson. The Icelandic striker plays for Lillestrom and would cost the Bluebirds at least £1 Million"

"John Bostock has been linked with Championship hot shots Cardiff City. Malky Mackay is keen to strengthen his side after losing out in the play offs to West Ham"

"Southampton are chasing Cardiff City midfielder Peter Whittingham, reports suggest that Southampton are ready to launch £2 million plus Billy Sharp to the south Wales side in exchange for the midfield maestro"

"Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez has been linked to a move to Championship rivals Cardiff City. He signed a two year contract with Burnley in 2011 and could demand a move away having had clubs wanting the lethal striker"

"Liverpool's loss in the FA Cup has increased the pressure on Kenny Dalglish and if they hire a new manager, Craig Bellamy may want a move back to his hometown club"

Would be happy with these guys! :ayatollah:

Re: THE RUMOURS I'VE HEARD

Sat May 12, 2012 9:17 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:"Cardiff City are leading the chase to sign Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson. The Icelandic striker plays for Lillestrom and would cost the Bluebirds at least £1 Million"

"John Bostock has been linked with Championship hot shots Cardiff City. Malky Mackay is keen to strengthen his side after losing out in the play offs to West Ham"

"Southampton are chasing Cardiff City midfielder Peter Whittingham, reports suggest that Southampton are ready to launch £2 million plus Billy Sharp to the south Wales side in exchange for the midfield maestro"

"Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez has been linked to a move to Championship rivals Cardiff City. He signed a two year contract with Burnley in 2011 and could demand a move away having had clubs wanting the lethal striker"

"Liverpool's loss in the FA Cup has increased the pressure on Kenny Dalglish and if they hire a new manager, Craig Bellamy may want a move back to his hometown club"

Everyone of them! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm

2 Million plus Billy Sharpe ???? Would anyone take that ? I think i would :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:22 pm

£2 million plus Billy Sharp

If that is true-take it, now.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:2 Million plus Billy Sharpe ???? Would anyone take that ? I think i would :ayatollah:

Steve, after the last two performances I'd take £2 and Lee Sharp!!! No desire at all.....zip, nada, nothing!!! :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Billy Sharps only just moved there. And their now in the prem. He isnt going to drop a league.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 pm

But you have to say its all silly season. Bet there is no truth in any of them apart from Big Gwyn is being transferred to mike's board on a free transfer as top Moderator. You heard it here first :lol: :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:41 pm

llan bluebird wrote:£2 million plus Billy Sharp

If that is true-take it, now.

The reason clubs are after whitts is he is a top top player. Yes he wasnt at his best in the play offs, but dont forget what a class act he's been for this club. Sharp in? yes. Whitts out? NO NO f*cking NO.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Yes to all of em, but can somebody answer why we didnt sign at least one of these players in january?

Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Just raid the lower leagues, Norwich did it and survived in the prem, surely it wouldn't be that bad for a championship team

Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm

BILLY SHARP will do for me :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Dange wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:2 Million plus Billy Sharpe ???? Would anyone take that ? I think i would :ayatollah:

Steve, after the last two performances I'd take £2 and Lee Sharp!!! No desire at all.....zip, nada, nothing!!! :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny, But True. Always fades out.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 pm

None of these signings will happen. As usual it's the silly season where papers fill their pages with drivel. I doubt we have any cash at all so don't expect any team action until the last minute if at all. I really hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat my words

Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Absolutely no chance on this earth that Sharp will sign for anyone let alone a club below the Premier League!

And I wouldn't swap him for Whitts even if he was willing to move. No way!

Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Absolutely no chance on this earth that Sharp will sign for anyone let alone a club below the Premier League!

How about swapping him with Hudson then? :)

Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:"Cardiff City are leading the chase to sign Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson. The Icelandic striker plays for Lillestrom and would cost the Bluebirds at least £1 Million"

Sigurdarson has been reported in todays SW Echo as a main target.

Jay Rodriguez is the player who ( IMO ) is the player who castleblue was hinting we would be interested in on Thursday.

Bellers as i have posted before will back at Cardiff City within the next 4 years.

As posted back in SEPT - OCT Last year - Jordan Rhodes is my number 1 target :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Have to laugh at this, what a ridiculous story.

Because Liverpool lost they assume that there is increased pressuer on dalglish therefore theymight sack Dalglish and hire a new manager and therefore bellamy might want a move back!!!

Was this copied from the sun :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Jay Rodriguez is the player who ( IMO ) is the player who castleblue was hinting we would be interested in on Thursday.

Bellers as i have posted before will back at Cardiff City within the next 4 years.

As posted back in SEPT - OCT Last year - Jordan Rhodes is my number 1 target :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

harold pinta wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

CORRECT WHY ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am

Bellamy for me would have to be next season or not at all, probably got maybe 2 years left as a top player. Why should we give him a job as a coach after his playing days are over unless he has got his badges and fully deserves a place as a member of Malky's staff.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

Bellamy will probs demand to be chairman or something for CCFC when he retires.

And we build a statue and name it after him :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Absolutely no chance on this earth that Sharp will sign for anyone let alone a club below the Premier League!

How about swapping him with Hudson then? :)

No thanks :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 am

Rhodes ran rings round us in the Carling cup! He needs to be top of the list! I know it is unlikely but would love him here.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

mr moose wrote:Rhodes ran rings round us in the Carling cup! He needs to be top of the list! I know it is unlikely but would love him here.

That 5-3 seems a long time ago now.

Some game that was!

Sun May 13, 2012 12:10 am

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Bellamy for me would have to be next season or not at all, probably got maybe 2 years left as a top player. Why should we give him a job as a coach after his playing days are over unless he has got his badges and fully deserves a place as a member of Malky's staff.

Sopt on :ayatollah: Caerphillyblue - thats what will happen ( IMO ) :ayatollah:

Sadly Harold pinta does NOT THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX ;) :lol:

Jordan Rhodes or Jay Rodriguez?

If we had a choice, I'd just go for Rhodes.

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Jordan Rhodes or Jay Rodriguez?

Id go for Rodriguez

Got a better overall ability :ayatollah:

Sun May 13, 2012 12:11 am

likewise :ayatollah:

glammy74 wrote:

Id go for Rodriguez

Got a better overall ability :ayatollah:

I'd be happy with either to be honest :lol:

Dange wrote:

As malky said, whitts has played a lot of games this year, such as our cup run which ended on penalties. May be thats why he's looked tired. He'd walk into any side in this division. Sharps had 1 good season, have you considered that the reason he's valued 2 mil less than whitts is that we possess the better player.