Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My take on the situation.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 pm

I think it's very simple really.

We are currently losing approx £1m a month - We cannot continue to sustain those losses in the hope that we may get to the premier league.

We need to get major cash into the club - Vincent Tan is offering this, but obviously he needs to know he has a chance of getting a return on his investment. The best chance of realising this of course is to get to the premier league, but that is by no means a given no matter how much is put in.

So in the meantime need other major income streams - the income we can generate in this country is limited to the fans in the immediate vicinity of Cardiff and the valleys, many of who are not interested in football or who support the so called big 4. They can obviously see that there is a huge potential fan base in Malaysia / S.E Asia (they should know) and as a Malaysian owned football club with an academy already set up in the country, we would have a major advantage over other clubs of similar stature (Birmingham, Boro, Ipswich etc) in tapping into this market. Ok we're not going to be a Man Utd over night but you have to start somewhere.

To maximise our chances we need to be as marketable as possible in the far east, the plans were clearly being put in place in an attempt to make a major assault on this market.

And that in my opinion is the top and bottom of it, no conspiracy, no ulterior motive, just a business plan, and whatever you may think of Vincent Tan, you don't get to be as wealthy as him without having good business sense.

Hopefully there can be some compromise and we could see City really take off. I've got both my fingers crossed.

Re: My take on the situation.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Thats the way i see it too. I dont buy into the conspiracies either but as football fans we have become very cynical which is understandable when you are used to rick wright and sam hammam runing your club.

Re: My take on the situation.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

BlueCheese wrote:Thats the way i see it too. I dont buy into the conspiracies either but as football fans we have become very cynical which is understandable when you are used to rick wright and sam hammam runing your club.

But conspiracies are far more exciting though ;)