Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Riverside how did the fans feel

Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Any one know how the Riverside fans felt when they changed there name to Cradiff City. which to me seems a greater change than what has been propsosed to us now.

Re: Riverside how did the fans feel

Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Not the same mate.

Football and life is a different animal now.

Cant be compared.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Any one know how the Riverside fans felt when they changed there name to Cradiff City. which to me seems a greater change than what has been propsosed to us now.

And how did the fans of Cradiff City feel when the name was changed again to Cardiff City? It must have been traumatic having 2 name changes.....

Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Not the same mate.

Football and life is a different animal now.

Cant be compared.

I am sure the fans were as passionate then as we are now though Maybe they were more forward thinking than we have become

Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Any one know how the Riverside fans felt when they changed there name to Cradiff City. which to me seems a greater change than what has been propsosed to us now.

Riverside was a parks team with no stadium and no history, no comparison. They also tried to change their name a few times before they were actually allowed to.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Change the record.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:11 pm

NJ73 wrote:

And how did the fans of Cradiff City feel when the name was changed again to Cardiff City? It must have been traumatic having 2 name changes.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: