Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are M K DONS BIGGER THAN CARDIFF?

Sat May 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Looking at Their Stadium makes me cringe at what We were given. :roll: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mk+dons+stadium&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=939&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=X7p93u8w6M4kmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.awaygrounds.com/milton-keynes-dons-stadium-mk/&docid=aJ2ynMdLrxSzXM&imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3558/3

Re: Are M K DONS BIGGER THAN CARDIFF?

Sat May 12, 2012 1:24 pm

They just had 11,800 (with 3,500 Huddersfield) in their play off game today so, er, no they're not bigger than Cardiff.

A nice stadium does not a big clubbeth make.

I'm not saying we're big either - we're small but beautifully formed.

Sat May 12, 2012 1:25 pm

when you see it in the flesh it isn't that impressive believe me. i would rather ours to be honest

Sat May 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Halifax93 wrote:They just had 11,800 (with 3,500 Huddersfield) in their play off game today so, er, no they're not bigger than Cardiff.

A nice stadium does not a big clubbeth make.

I'm not saying we're big either - we're small but beautifully formed.

My point is No They are not: But have a stadium that out shines the CCS no matter how you look at it picture/flesh and will be 44,000 when fineshed, Fare play to them I say. :old:

Sat May 12, 2012 2:20 pm

I thought they would have filled that top tier in by now.
The only reason they had such a big (and admittedly nice) stadium built is because they have the potential to be MASSIVE apparantly. If they pull of something amazing in the playoffs now and go up, then they would probably get some pretty high attendances

Sat May 12, 2012 2:24 pm

It's basically CCS with the corners filled in, upper tier seats in and finished in black

Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm

No point having 44000 seater with 8000 fans.

I hate them and their owner after what he did to wimbledon.

Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Also I think it was part of England's world cup bid. They would have made it to 44,000

Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Having a nice new stadium doesn't make you a big club, just ask Darlington.

Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 pm

The chant "your ground's too big for you" comes to mind.

Sat May 12, 2012 3:21 pm

44000 for Mk Dons f*cking hell what are their owners smoking?

Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm

MK Dons are a pile of wank. End of.

Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Living in MK, the MK Dons fans are very similar to Cardiff fans, and following on from having similar seasons to Cardiff for a while now the fans are giving up on the big days, see the article below:

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/trying-to-win-the-play-offs-and-still-fighting-to-win-over-mk-1-3823543

The ground is being finished off this year - through a new retail park the other side of the stadium (going up to about 35,000 I think). It has padded seats, and the hotel attached to it is amazing, with you being able to have a room that looks over the pitch - however it becomes a box on matchdays!!

Wish they were in the Championship just so I could have a local away day!

The atmosphere is always so poor there as the fans are all checking the scores of their main team, that they either can't afford to go to or get tickets to, or just want to watch football on a local level!!

Sat May 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Historically it's not even on the same playing field.
They have a lovely new ground and a good basis to move forward with.
It's a sad sad footballing story afc wimbledon/ MK Dons but given the right direction then they could go places.

But it's a NO from me.

Cardiff is a Much bigger club.

Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Looking at Their Stadium makes me cringe at what We were given. :roll: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mk+dons+stadium&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=939&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=X7p93u8w6M4kmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.awaygrounds.com/milton-keynes-dons-stadium-mk/&docid=aJ2ynMdLrxSzXM&imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3558/3

The Darlington Arena has a capacity of 25,000, so are you questioning if Darlington are a bigger club than us as well?

Sun May 13, 2012 12:13 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

The Darlington Arena has a capacity of 25,000, so are you questioning if Darlington are a bigger club than us as well?

I think people are missing the point here, We have a 25,000 capacity stadium yet we have a potentially massive fan base, And for the wheeling and dealings that went in getting Our stadium and the selling off of land that was meant for Cardiff City FC, We have a stadium that don't match the cost, Actually the CCS is more than a tad embarrassing and it lacks quality in comparison to stadiums of smaller clubs ie... MK Dons and the like. The CCS has a flet-pack feel and dull appearance that also contributes to the dull atmosphere it generates'' or good atmosphere it doesn't generate, simpe's. :old:

Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 am

Hope they go bust and the stadium blows up. Disgusting excuse for a football club.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 am

PtB wrote:Hope they go bust and the stadium blows up. Disgusting excuse for a football club.

Genuinely lol'd

I cant stand them either

Sun May 13, 2012 12:23 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I think people are missing the point here, We have a 25,000 capacity stadium yet we have a potentially massive fan base, And for the wheeling and dealings that went in getting Our stadium and the selling off of land that was meant for Cardiff City FC, We have a stadium that don't match the cost, Actually the CCS is more than a tad embarrassing and it lacks quality in comparison to stadiums of smaller clubs ie... MK Dons and the like. The CCS has a flet-pack feel and dull appearance that also contributes to the dull atmosphere it generates'' or good atmosphere it doesn't generate, simpe's. :old:

I've been to Stadium MK and the atmosphere was bloody awful.

Atmosphere has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the stadium and everything to do with the fans. Blaming it on bricks and mortar is just an excuse. CCS is physically so much bigger than Ninian park that the few thousand that sing (actually a few hundred in one block of the Canton most the time) don't generate as much noise as they did in the relatively small grange end.

If we had a 44,000 seater it would be even worse.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

The Lad wrote:
PtB wrote:Hope they go bust and the stadium blows up. Disgusting excuse for a football club.

Genuinely lol'd

I cant stand them either

The genuine lol's are the best!

MK Dons, Livingston & Airdrie United should and will all rot in hell together one day!