Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE SHOULD ALL BE ALLOWED OUR OWN OPINIONS "

Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

I accept that we have to have change other wise, we lose our investment which as we are £72 mill in debt we desperately need.

But that does not mean I agreed with all the original proposed changes and in my heart still dont with the new ones.

I never agreed with Sam on his badge change.

I am glad I spoke out about our Bluebird being taken off and loosing our nickname.

I am glad I spoke out against our colour change.

I want our Club to move forward, but I as a fan I can have my opinion. I will only be buying the away kits and thats my preference, I will continue to Support my club at matches home and away, that I will always do. I want the investment if it helps our club go to the Premiership.

We cant afford to lose the Malaysians, so sometimes you have to make compromises even if you dont agree with them.

Certain people are not letting people say their true feelings and we all should be allowed.
Please stop the name calling and belittling, we are all fans and should be allowed to say how we feel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WE SHOULD ALL BE ALLOWED OUR OWN OPINIONS "

Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:I accept that we have to have change other wise, we lose our investment which as we are £72 mill in debt we desperately need.

But that does not mean I agreed with all the original proposed changes and in my heart still dont with the new ones.

I am glad I spoke out about our Bluebird being taken off and loosing our nickname.

I want our Club to move forward, but I as a fan I can have my opinion. I will only be buying the away kits and thats my preference, I will continue to Support my club at matches home and away, that I will always do. I want the investment if it helps our club go to the Premiership.

We cant afford to lose the Malaysians, so sometimes you have to make compromises even if you dont agree with them.

Certain people are not letting people say their true feelings and we all should be allowed.
Please stop the name calling and belittling, we are all fans and should be allowed to say how we feel. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lots of that could be shot down, but I won't, other than to ask you:

if you didn't like Sam's badge change, why didn't you use your influence to stop it? You were a good friend of his and you still are.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I accept that we have to have change other wise, we lose our investment which as we are £72 mill in debt we desperately need.

if you didn't like Sam's badge change, why didn't you use your influence to stop it? You were a good friend of his and you still are.

Naive.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am

Premiership, thats all its about and thats why its so shameful.

You havent even thought about it. Annis you mention we are £72 million in debt, how do you think that is going to change?

Yes we will get £100 mill so spend on stadium, training ground, players etc etc... but we will staill be losing £1.2 million per month, probably £2 million per month should we sign good players as we will have to pay their wages. Thats £24 million losses per year.
Last edited by syahmi.liew on Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 am

So are we definitely playing in blue next season? :?

Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 am

The Douce wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Naive.

In your opinion.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:56 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
The Douce wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Naive.

In your opinion.

Obviously. :?

Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Shoot it down, but thats my belief and opinion, I will continue to support my Club, very grateful for their investments, but am hurt by the changes.
I did try and Sam even said the other day, how when he use to visit my football collection, I would never have his new stuff in there.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am

Correct :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am

Yep, just ignore the post that shows the Malaysian idea to be flawed. :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Here is is in another thread Annis - I have tried to keep it as simple as possible for you.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80385

Sat May 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Shoot it down, but thats my belief and opinion, I will continue to support my Club, very grateful for their investments, but am hurt by the changes.
I did try and Sam even said the other day, how when he use to visit my football collection, I would never have his new stuff in there.

Fair enough.

The Forum will have to stop banning people and removing posts and then all of what you said above, about opinions etc will ring true.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you, because you and I agree on most things Cardiff City-wise, due to our experiences, age and so on.

You are an influential person at this club and I hope that you can get involved in repairing the damage that's been done, not only to the club's image, but also all the bad feeling between so many of our fans.

:thumbup:

Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 pm

syahmi.liew wrote:

Premiership, thats all its about and thats why its so shameful.

You havent even thought about it. Annis you mention we are £72 million in debt, how do you think that is going to change?

Yes we will get £100 mill so spend on stadium, training ground, players etc etc... but we will staill be losing £1.2 million per month, probably £2 million per month should we sign good players as we will have to pay their wages. Thats £24 million losses per year.

Yes, its all about getting to the Premiership, I have thought about it, of course I am not happy, but I had to think about the future of our club, more than my own opinion.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Fair enough.

The Forum will have to stop banning people and removing posts and then all of what you said above, about opinions etc will ring true.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you, because you and I agree on most things Cardiff City-wise, due to our experiences, age and so on.

You are an influential person at this club and I hope that you can get involved in repairing the damage that's been done, not only to the club's image, but also all the bad feeling between so many of our fans.

Actually the banning of people has not just been down to me, quite a lot of people accidentally got banned and I personally unbanned them, you should only get bad for continual insults towards other members etc.

Nedd, The removing of posts I realise has been done by mods who should not have, but there again the amount of other members reporting each other has gone mental.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:11 pm

No problem, mate. As I said, I hope you can help to improve the situation now, not just on the Forum, but elsewhere.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:No problem, mate. As I said, I hope you can help to improve the situation now, not just on the Forum, but elsewhere.

Cheers Ned. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Annis, you have responded but ignored the main part.

I asked how are we going to stop making a loss? (which is the main danger to the club).

We lose £13 million a year now, plus whatever extra we add to the wagebill from Malkys war chest.

people clearly havent thought about it, they are throwing our club away for a glimpse of Rooney.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:23 pm

annis im all for free speech however a few of the posters on hear did not just show passion but pure hatred for the owners of cardiff city . i realise that as a messageboard in the public domain you have to be careful not to be seen supporting racial hatred etc as this message board could in therory be shut down im sick of the 1970s /80s style of green street posters giving it big on here im not a plastic have supported the city since i was 6 im 48 now and can tell stories about the past as well as the next man i may not like what is happening with cardiff but i hope there is a cardiff to support in the future

Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 pm

syahmi.liew wrote:Annis, you have responded but ignored the main part.

I asked how are we going to stop making a loss? (which is the main danger to the club).

We lose £13 million a year now, plus whatever extra we add to the wagebill from Malkys war chest.

people clearly havent thought about it, they are throwing our club away for a glimpse of Rooney.

I leave that with the Malaysians to answer.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

nickyj wrote:annis im all for free speech however a few of the posters on hear did not just show passion but pure hatred for the owners of cardiff city . i realise that as a messageboard in the public domain you have to be careful not to be seen supporting racial hatred etc as this message board could in therory be shut down im sick of the 1970s /80s style of green street posters giving it big on here im not a plastic have supported the city since i was 6 im 48 now and can tell stories about the past as well as the next man i may not like what is happening with cardiff but i hope there is a cardiff to support in the future

I disagreed totally with threats/racism etc.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I leave that with the Malaysians to answer.

But do you know the answer yet or not?

You seem to be condoning the theory that in order to save our club from our awful debt problem we will take the strategy of increasing expenditure.... We are losing £13 million now, not inclusing the etra wages we are going to pay these new signings - however our monthly income is not changing.

If you read the thread regarding the red shirts in Asia - I also explain how even promotion to the Premier League would result in us losing around £20 million per annum.

Can you clarify the above please? or have you not thought about it but still actively condoning handing our club over?

please respond as we deserve to know.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 pm

There would be no debt,all turned to equity,our own training ground so no rent,income from selling shirts in far east,

Sat May 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Own opinions YES, totally agree with a free world. But leading people into opinions and believe in the heat of te moment is something we need to be very careful of!

Sat May 12, 2012 12:35 pm

I was asked on another thread what are our other options.. and I gave it. Will you back me instead of the Malaysians as my plan actually reduces the debt and makes us a steady viable business instead of a loss making company heading for ruin, £100 million or not. The issue a lot of fans have used financial stability as a reason to back the Malaysians not fully understanding it will make it worse... although even when they do realise they will stil back it as a fleeting taste of the Orem menas more than the club to most.

My suggestion.... (by the way that was just off the top of my head, im sure given a few weeks id easily be able to cut expenditure further)

we must stop making a loss, we need to cut expenditure by £1 million a month. Get Whittingham, Earnie, Miller off the books which would cut it by 200k per month. With the transfer fee we get for them pay it straight off our debt meaning the repayments are smaller. Call in the players and explain the situation to them and try and get them to re-negotiate their contacts with a lower wage but with a promotion bonus exceeding any shortfall. This has been done at a few clubs and makes sense considering the players will know if they refuse then they risk getting nothing. There are many many ways to cut losses.

One is certianly not blowing all our investment on things we dont need and then going to get players commanding even bigger wages, nothing will change we will just keep making more and more losses and piling more and more debt on.

Unfortunately the problem with the sensible way is we will probably not b e challenging for promotion right away we would have to start from scratch and live within our means like Swansea, Bunley and Blackpool have done in recent years. Its a safe way forward, but as this week has shown our fans care more about the Premier League than Cardiff City.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:37 pm

I think we should leave the business of running the Club to the Board. VT is a hugely succesful businessman who has more entrepreneurship nous than anyone on this messageboard. Does anyone really believe that he's willing to invest all that money with any chance that he won't get a return on his investment? For him to get a return on his huge investment in Cardiff City FC he must make the Club hugely succesful. Who are we to doubt he can't accomplish that?

Sat May 12, 2012 12:39 pm

ngriffiths wrote:

There would be no debt,all turned to equity,our own training ground so no rent,income from selling shirts in far east,

No Debt correct and the £100 million turned into equity.

However we will still lose £15 million a year - this will be the clubs loss not equity. as touched upon in the other thread selling shirts in the east will make us 50k max, it is a ludicrous theory. a self endulgent theory to play on the fans egos.

5 years time we will find ourselves back in £75 million debt whether we get promoted in that time or not, but we will have red shorst be called the dragons and whatever other plans not yet hatched.

Surelt a better way would be to cut expenditure and become self sufficient?

Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:

I think we should leave the business of running the Club to the Board. VT is a hugely succesful businessman who has more entrepreneurship nous than anyone on this messageboard. Does anyone really believe that he's willing to invest all that money with any chance that he won't get a return on his investment? For him to get a return on his huge investment in Cardiff City FC he must make the Club hugely succesful. Who are we to doubt he can't accomplish that?

Yeah good point, coz thats benefitted us to date... we currently stand in £72 million of debt and in a lot of peoples minds having to change our identity just to survive.

Sat May 12, 2012 1:57 pm

syahmi.liew wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:

No Debt correct and the £100 million turned into equity.

However we will still lose £15 million a year - this will be the clubs loss not equity. as touched upon in the other thread selling shirts in the east will make us 50k max, it is a ludicrous theory. a self endulgent theory to play on the fans egos.

5 years time we will find ourselves back in £75 million debt whether we get promoted in that time or not, but we will have red shorst be called the dragons and whatever other plans not yet hatched.

Surelt a better way would be to cut expenditure and become self sufficient?

Exactly. Shirt sales in Asia are not going to stop us losing so much money each month.
Losing our identity is a lot to lose for a strategy that might well not work anyway.

Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Theres no might about it, it wont work. It cant work, it is not viable.

Yes our initial debt gets wiped but will be back in 4-5 seasons time and increasing at a rate of £15 million + per year regardless of success or what league we find ourselves competing in. There is only one outcome, liquidation.

Yet your all clamouring for it as you may get to see man Utd along the way.

Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm

syahmi.liew wrote:Theres no might about it, it wont work. It cant work, it is not viable.

Yes our initial debt gets wiped but ill be back in 4 seasons time and increasing at a rate of £15 million + per year regardless of success or what ;eague we find ourselves competing in. There is only one outcome, liquidation.

Yet your all clamouring for it as you may get to see man Utd along the way.

People need to listen to you, because you are talking sense. Also, this is one aspect that neither side has mentioned enough.