Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Now is not the time

Sat May 12, 2012 11:36 am

brick1964 wrote:As the old Chinese proverb say...

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I've never bitten my own hand.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Sorry but now is exactly the time to show we are open to change and fully support the people keeping this club afloat. Lets seriously put to bed this idea that people only won't 3,000 "proper fans" in a 27,000 seater staduim watching conference football.
Taking my father (a lifelong bluebird who grew up a stone,s throw from Ninian Park) to Wembley is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my days. My father taking me to watch 3rd & 4th division football the first time round is distant memory neither of us want to re-visit.

To me, that argument is too shallow. It's not as simple as that.

We all want success, so why suggest we don't? It's just that some of us can't be bought. I don't understand why some of our fans haven't even asked for a compromise, they've just heard the kerching of the tills and said yes.

It's about football and identity for me, not necessarily about success and certainly not about money.

If wanting to enjoy myself with my father, Nephew and mates every other Saturday is Shallow I stand guilty as charged, but we are in the majority not the minority.

I want to enjoy, too. As for the comment about the majority/minority, you don't know that. Just because some people shout the loudest, it doesn't mean they are in the majority.

I can't back up the majority/Minority thing with fact but I've spoken to about 50 mates/fans and honestly only one is dead against and the others are either fully up for full change or grudgingly up for it to secure the clubs future. But at least most fans are taking time to see both sides of the argument, it shows the club can move forward

Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
The Douce wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Checkmate

:ayatollah:

I'm not the one who was sad enough to trawl through my previous posts in a vain attempt to find dirt. Shame you didn't read that thread as a whole, where Aherne as good as insulted our club. Something much more important than his or my feelings.

Firstly I looked through my own posts. Secondly, why is someone's opinion and insult to our club more important than anything?
Besides you're the one sad enough to crawl out of nuclears asshole to report me, silly hypocrite. sit down and don't address me again

Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Sorry but now is exactly the time to show we are open to change and fully support the people keeping this club afloat. Lets seriously put to bed this idea that people only won't 3,000 "proper fans" in a 27,000 seater staduim watching conference football.
Taking my father (a lifelong bluebird who grew up a stone,s throw from Ninian Park) to Wembley is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my days. My father taking me to watch 3rd & 4th division football the first time round is distant memory neither of us want to re-visit.

We all want success, so why suggest we don't? It's just that some of us can't be bought. I don't understand why some of our fans haven't even asked for a compromise, they've just heard the kerching of the tills and said yes.

It's about football and identity for me, not necessarily about success and certainly not about money.

If wanting to enjoy myself with my father, Nephew and mates every other Saturday is Shallow I stand guilty as charged, but we are in the majority not the minority.

I want to enjoy, too. As for the comment about the majority/minority, you don't know that. Just because some people shout the loudest, it doesn't mean they are in the majority.

I can't back up the majority/Minority thing with fact but I've spoken to about 50 mates/fans and honestly only one is dead against and the others are either fully up for full change or grudgingly up for it to secure the clubs future. But at least most fans are taking time to see both sides of the argument, it shows the club can move forward

Whoever leaked it, did us all a serious disservice. I just hope that the damage can be repaired, because this has caused bad feeling between the fans like I've never seen.

I'll go with the majority vote, but I would like my club not to change beyond all recognition. Obviously, if it does and I don't feel attached to it any longer, then I'll leave.

I am Cardiff City

My son is Cardiff City

My father was Cardiff City

My grandfather was Cardiff City.

It'll be a shame if one of my grandchildren isn't in the future, but I don't have any yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

:thumbup:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:47 am

Agreed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 am

I accept that we have to have change other wise, we lose our investment which as we are £72 mill in debt we desperately need.

But that does not mean I agreed with all the original proposed changes and in my heart still dont with the new ones.

I never agreed with Sam on his badge change.

I am glad I spoke out about our Bluebird being taken off and loosing our nickname.

I am glad I spoke out against our colour change.

I want our Club to move forward, but I as a fan I can have my opinion. I will only be buying the away kits and thats my preference, I will continue to Support my club at matches home and away, that I will always do. I want the investment if it helps our club go to the Premiership.

Certain people are not letting people say their true feelings and we all should be allowed.
Please stop the name calling and belittling, we are all fans and should be allowed to say how we feel.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Whoever leaked it, did us all a serious disservice. I just hope that the damage can be repaired, because this has caused bad feeling between the fans like I've never seen.

I'll go with the majority vote, but I would like my club not to change beyond all recognition. Obviously, if it does and I don't feel attached to it any longer, then I'll leave.

I am Cardiff City

My son is Cardiff City

My father was Cardiff City

My grandfather was Cardiff City.

It'll be a shame if one of my grandchildren isn't in the future, but I don't have any yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

I am pro change but that doesn't mean i won't find it unsettling If/When the bluebirds run out at CCS staduim. It will take years to accept. But Whatever colour the shirt is the blood will always run blue.

All the best.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 am

bluebird1972, all the best to you, too. I hope you get what you want with CCFC.