Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now is not the time

Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 am

To go soft with the Makaysians and bow to there every whim. They respected the fact we stood up for our selves and stood up for our tradition and our beliefs.
Vincent Tan is a ruthless businessman but I bet he dosn't like some puppy dog that lies down when he says Down. We must not say yes Tan of coarse Tan we have tradition and we owe it to the past generations that Cardiff City are primaraly a Welsh Club and always will be.
He has invested an awfull lot of money so he isn't going to just walk in a strop, so can all the people out there stop licking his arse as its embarrassing and unbecoming of a City Fan.
Let's see how we can all work together for the benifit of ourselves and the Malaysizans.

Re: Now is not the time

Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 am

Fred Keenor will be turning in his grave at the way the majority of ''fans'' have acted over this, willing to throw away our tradition and identity for some malaysian money mans cash. I bet he doesnt even want a statue.

deeply embarrassing and a laughing stock to the football community.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 am

I completely agree Nukes. On such a MAJOR issues we should be allowed to voice our concerns in a sensible and mature manner which I believe 99% of city fans against the re-brand have done! I salute all those who stood up against the re-brand but who were willing to listen and compromise. I can't believe so many people were happy to just sell out without a second thought! Being against the re-brand didnt mean you were anti-Malaysian, and were going to be abusive and riot in the street.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 am

syahmi.liew wrote:Fred Keenor will be turning in his grave at the way the majority of ''fans'' have acted over this, willing to throw away our tradition and identity for some malaysian money mans cash. I bet he doesnt even want a statue.

deeply embarrassing and a laughing stock to the football community.
Thanks jack now go back to the planet swan message board. It was busy yesterday with 20 users

Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 am

Fully agree Nukes, and arselicking with displays of red welcoming committees will only serve to suggest that we are there to be taken in every which way.

We could be ridden rock solid if the pandering continues.

Nothing wrong with showing them respect, as long as we'll continue having self-respect.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 am

For once I can agree with you.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 am

the arse licking would never have started if idiots hadnt gone so overboard with the whole issue....people are just worried about the survival of the club at the moment, without tan there is no club.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 am

CraigCCFC wrote:the arse licking would never have started if idiots hadnt gone so overboard with the whole issue....people are just worried about the survival of the club at the moment, without tan there is no club.

This! Plus it doesn't hurt to show them a bit of respect after all the idiotic messages

Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 am

CraigCCFC wrote:the arse licking would never have started if idiots hadnt gone so overboard with the whole issue....people are just worried about the survival of the club at the moment, without tan there is no club.

NONE of this would never have happened if the club had done things differently! I sympathize that the leak made them panic but the message coming out of the club was this was happening 100%, it was non-negotiable and if we didnt like it the Malaysians were going to take their ball home with them.

As we have since found, the Malaysians are reasonable men who were willing to engage and listen but that was not what the club told us. We were basically told they would be doing the re-brand, regardless of our thoughts, and based on superstition!!!!!!! If we had been told right from the start, this idea is just an idea at the moment, we need to have a board meeting to discuss it, and to carry out market research, and that before we make such a controversial decision we will meet with fan groups, then this would have been a totally different situation.

I don't demand the club do this with 99% of their decisions but on an issue they should have known would have been hugely controversial it was common sense to deal with it more delicately! Instead they just helped to fan the flames!!!!!

Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 am

then blame **** ******* he leaked it out

Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 am

CraigCCFC wrote:the arse licking would never have started if idiots hadnt gone so overboard with the whole issue....

Agreed.

It looks like ass licking is the new racism in this matter.

Shrinks would have a field day on this site. People being castigated for going to extreme measures to drum out the Malaysians, others going to extreme lengths to show them how much they are loved and BOTH blaming each other. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 am

Some people just can't seem to grasp it though.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 am

CraigCCFC wrote:then blame **** ******* he leaked it out

I do!!! Unbelievable just how damaging that leak has been. But the club's attitude was still wrong, it should have realised this was a highly volatile situation which would upset a lot of people and treated the matter more delicately, not telling everyone it was done, non-negotiable, no room for compromise, if you don't like it the Malaysians are going!!!

Sat May 12, 2012 10:41 am

Nuclearblue wrote:To go soft with the Makaysians and bow to there every whim. They respected the fact we stood up for our selves and stood up for our tradition and our beliefs.
Vincent Tan is a ruthless businessman but I bet he dosn't like some puppy dog that lies down when he says Down. We must not say yes Tan of coarse Tan we have tradition and we owe it to the past generations that Cardiff City are primaraly a Welsh Club and always will be.
He has invested an awfull lot of money so he isn't going to just walk in a strop, so can all the people out there stop licking his arse as its embarrassing and unbecoming of a City Fan.
Let's see how we can all work together for the benifit of ourselves and the Malaysizans.

If you managed to read this..I guarantee you lost 17 brain cells.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 am

The Douce wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:To go soft with the Makaysians and bow to there every whim. They respected the fact we stood up for our selves and stood up for our tradition and our beliefs.

If you managed to read this..I guarantee you lost 17 brain cells.

There's more animosity from you towards Nukes than there is from some of the Jacks. I find that really strange.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 am

Dounce. I am writing this on my mobile now if you wish to carry on abusing me at least have some bollocks and put your real name down so we can discuss it properly. Other than that f**k off out my way

Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 am

Sorry but now is exactly the time to show we are open to change and fully support the people keeping this club afloat. Lets seriously put to bed this idea that people only won't 3,000 "proper fans" in a 27,000 seater staduim watching conference football.
Taking my father (a lifelong bluebird who grew up a stone,s throw from Ninian Park) to Wembley is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my days. My father taking me to watch 3rd & 4th division football the first time round is distant memory neither of us want to re-visit.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:59 am

The Douce wrote:He's probably the worst poster on here. Bluebird since 1948 >>> nuclearblue

Nope, Bluebird since 1948 is a shit stirring Jack fake who has changed his username all the time, trying to avoid detection.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:04 am

bluebird1972 wrote:Sorry but now is exactly the time to show we are open to change and fully support the people keeping this club afloat. Lets seriously put to bed this idea that people only won't 3,000 "proper fans" in a 27,000 seater staduim watching conference football.
Taking my father (a lifelong bluebird who grew up a stone,s throw from Ninian Park) to Wembley is a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my days. My father taking me to watch 3rd & 4th division football the first time round is distant memory neither of us want to re-visit.

To me, that argument is too shallow. It's not as simple as that.

We all want success, so why suggest we don't? It's just that some of us can't be bought. I don't understand why some of our fans haven't even asked for a compromise, they've just heard the kerching of the tills and said yes.

It's about football and identity for me, not necessarily about success and certainly not about money.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:06 am

If us Jacks hadnt been so successful of late and Cardiff City failing then im sure there'd have been stiffer competition to the Malaysians.

Most of your fans will do anything to be in the Premier League and that includes selling the soul of your club.

Harsh but true.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:08 am

6 bysedd wrote:If us Jacks hadnt been so successful of late and Cardiff City failing then im sure there'd have been stiffer competition to the Malaysians.

Most of your fans will do anything to be in the Premier League and that includes selling the soul of your club.

Harsh but true.

To say that it's most of our fans is the assumption of the century.

I can't be bought.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:13 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:If us Jacks hadnt been so successful of late and Cardiff City failing then im sure there'd have been stiffer competition to the Malaysians.

Harsh but true.

I can't be bought.

Good on you and i mean that.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:13 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Harsh but true.

I can't be bought.

nor can I

Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Sorry but now is exactly the time to show we are open to change and fully support the people keeping this club afloat. Lets seriously put to bed this idea that people only won't 3,000 "proper fans" in a 27,000 seater staduim watching conference football.

We all want success, so why suggest we don't? It's just that some of us can't be bought. I don't understand why some of our fans haven't even asked for a compromise, they've just heard the kerching of the tills and said yes.

It's about football and identity for me, not necessarily about success and certainly not about money.

If wanting to enjoy myself with my father, Nephew and mates every other Saturday is Shallow I stand guilty as charged, but we are in the majority not the minority.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 am

:D

It's your fault then.....

Sat May 12, 2012 11:22 am

Good on you, pal. Go ahead

Sat May 12, 2012 11:24 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Checkmate

:ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 am

bluebird1972 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

If wanting to enjoy myself with my father, Nephew and mates every other Saturday is Shallow I stand guilty as charged, but we are in the majority not the minority.

I want to enjoy, too. As for the comment about the majority/minority, you don't know that. Just because some people shout the loudest, it doesn't mean they are in the majority.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 am

As the old Chinese proverb say...

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 am

The Douce wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Checkmate

:ayatollah:

I'm not the one who was sad enough to trawl through my previous posts in a vain attempt to find dirt. Shame you didn't read that thread as a whole, where Aherne as good as insulted our club. Something much more important than his or my feelings.