Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARL CURTIS HAS HIS SAY ON AN EXTRAORDINARY WEEK "

Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 am

Link

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30950724/

Re: " CARL CURTIS HAS HIS SAY ON AN EXTRAORDINARY WEEK "

Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 am

It's a good point about "I wonder what outsiders think of our treatment of previous chairman"

It seems that Chairman of city is like the England job.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 am

A very good article and I agree with Carl's thoughts. We should all keep calm, give the Malaysians the opportunity to show their plans and intentions and then form an opinion, I'm glad Carl has sent out this sensible message.

I do think that the level of abuse has been really over exaggerated. I accept there was a handful of messages on social media sites by a handful of people, but that was it? to my knowledge, no protests actually took place and no flags have been burned. We need to play this down as if we keep going on about it then this is the media friendly bit that the press pick up on.

We must all be open minded about the future and give all sides a chance. In the glory FA Cup winning days of 1927, we had a Dragon on our shirt's badge, if you'd asked fans then if they wanted to swap to a Bluebird for commercial reasons because of a local toffee factory, what would have happened then?

I personally would prefer blue, but I'm willing to listen to and even try the Malaysian's strategy if it means the long term survival and success of our club. We have every right to protect our history, but at the same time we have no right to deny our children a successful future. Maybe its time to make some new history. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:Link

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30950724/

I don,t always agree with what carl writes on here but that is one of the best articles i have read from him, good work!!!

Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

It's a good article and I feel it sums up alot of the less vocal support.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:

I do think that the level of abuse has been really over exaggerated. I accept there was a handful of messages on social media sites by a handful of people, but that was it? to my knowledge, no protests actually took place and no flags have been burned. We need to play this down as if we keep going on about it then this is the media friendly bit that the press pick up on.

That is a very good point and I think the time is well past for harping on about what was supposidly posted on Twitter/Facebook or mounting witch hunts against those who intially opposed the re-branding.

What we do now is to show the Malaysians just how much the silent majority back them and believe in them.

Carl's article is a superb start and I hope it is picked up by the Malaysian press and printed over there, if only to rebalance the wrong prespective that they might have about the vast majority of Cardiff City supporters.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Malaysia doesn't have enough people with a disposable income to support us financially on sales of Man United shirts let alone Cardiff shirts. Malaysians won't support us end mass. TV rights money for the EPL is actually small. There is nothing wrong with our badge. This is all about what Tan fancies doing.

I hope he leaves now. This is embarrassing being viewed by fans a cross the UK as a bunch of arse-lickers ans sell-outs.

If you all don't care about wearing blue and you want to be the dragons then this has nothing to do with Cardiff City and everything to do with a drunken desire to be in the EPL.

I have never felt so sad or ashamed to be a Cardiff fan. Sure I would love to be in the premiership and be rich etc but not to be watching a different club called the dragons who play in red. I understand if you would sell out to this man but at least try and have some dignity.

Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:A very good article and I agree with Carl's thoughts. We should all keep calm, give the Malaysians the opportunity to show their plans and intentions and then form an opinion, I'm glad Carl has sent out this sensible message.

We must all be open minded about the future and give all sides a chance. In the glory FA Cup winning days of 1927, we had a Dragon on our shirt's badge, if you'd asked fans then if they wanted to swap to a Bluebird for commercial reasons because of a local toffee factory, what would have happened then?

I personally would prefer blue, but I'm willing to listen to and even try the Malaysian's strategy if it means the long term survival and success of our club. We have every right to protect our history, but at the same time we have no right to deny our children a successful future. Maybe its time to make some new history. :ayatollah:

F***ing hell. Who gave you the sensible tablets?
Excellenyt post by the way :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Malaysia doesn't have enough people with a disposable income to support us financially on sales of Man United shirts let alone Cardiff shirts. Malaysians won't support us end mass. TV rights money for the EPL is actually small. There is nothing wrong with our badge. This is all about what Tan fancies doing.

I hope he leaves now. This is embarrassing being viewed by fans a cross the UK as a bunch of arse-lickers ans sell-outs.

If you all don't care about wearing blue and you want to be the dragons then this has nothing to do with Cardiff City and everything to do with a drunken desire to be in the EPL.

I have never felt so sad or ashamed to be a Cardiff fan. Sure I would love to be in the premiership and be rich etc but not to be watching a different club called the dragons who play in red. I understand if you would sell out to this man but at least try and have some dignity.

Another sensible post, where they all starting to come from?
I oppose the change from blue, but also see we have to safeguard the future.

I will never arse lick the owners and feel ashamed if people see it that way.
But most neutrals/ousiders feel we are being stupid turning down the money on offer (if it is).
I am also not interested in the EPL as it is all about not losing and the money on offer. Big deal finishing 4th to enter a money grabbing European league competition. Give me the FA and League Cup finals any day.

Yes other fans may say we bottled it and gave in, but in reality most would do exactly the same. Even Man Ure would accept a deal to wipe out their debt.
So, as you say, lets act with dignity and get a compromise deal sorted asap, so MM can get on and build a team for next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Oh come on Carl....surly you can relate to a dragon on the badge, your welsh for Christ sake.

Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Another major issue for our Asian owners is that the word "Bluebird" in Asia, can loosely be translated as "Man's Genitals"

This is why the Nissan Bluebird had to be renamed for some Asian markets as it literally translated as "Penis Car"

http://goodcharacters.com/newsletters/0 ... ebird.html

:lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Another major issue for our Asian owners is that the word "Bluebird" in Asia, can loosely be translated as "Man's Genitals"

This is why the Nissan Bluebird had to be renamed for some Asian markets as it literally translated as "Penis Car"

http://goodcharacters.com/newsletters/0 ... ebird.html

:lol:

That is quality :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 6:12 pm

all a bit to late now after the horse has bolted etc :( think they may want to move on when they get the opportunity hope im wrong :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Superb write up Carl. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Malaysia doesn't have enough people with a disposable income to support us financially on sales of Man United shirts let alone Cardiff shirts. Malaysians won't support us end mass. TV rights money for the EPL is actually small. There is nothing wrong with our badge. This is all about what Tan fancies doing.

Agree With everything you said :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:43 pm

bergblue wrote:

Agree With everything you said :ayatollah:

I do appreciate the passion and the sentiment of this post but i'm afraid that is where it ends. What a lot of people who are saying they'll refuse to sell out is that it has not to do with a "drunken desire to be in the EPL", it has to do with securing any future for our club.
Many will say, Swansea and Blackpool done it etc, but what we need to understand it's too late for that for us. We have debts of £72million so unless you know some incredibly rich investors waiting in the wings, we will go bust if Tan walks.

Like i said in another post earlier i have only actually met one person in the flesh who point blank refused to change to red, i asked him would you rather the ccs turn into a housing estate (if it came to that and Tan did call in his debts), he replied YES :? :? :?

I honesty can't get my head around that type of thinking but i do think that is a possibilty. Vincent Tan has kept us afloat for 2 years, so i believe the least we owed him was to listen to his proposals.

One more thing (and i know Man Utd, Liverpool are giants compared to us) why do you think this teams always target Asia during their pre season tours, i assure it's not because it's a good holiday destination.
I have been told by people out there that Vincent Tan practically runs Malaysia, so if he thinks money can be made there you can bet your bottom dollar it can! :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 pm

oh and excellent article by the way carl :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 11:33 pm

First of all, let me make it clear, that I'd prefer our team to continue to play in blue!

What I find embarrassing however, is that with all the troubles, wars and famines in this world, we get all hot and bothered over the colour of a shirt and the colour/design of a badge!

I was in the Army for nearly 13 years, my badge went years ago, as my Corps and several other Corps were amalgamated!

Many exceptionally famous regiments, with some great history, having represented the British Army in many famous battles and wars, were disbanded!

Thousands of soldiers, who have represented this country in umpteen war torn countries, including Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan, have been made redundant and thrown on the scrap heap, many with little hope of getting work in our current financial climate!

Due to the current financial meltdown in this country and probably the loss of some of our star players last season, especially Bellamy, who raised us a fortune in shirt sales, our attendances have fallen!

If the Malaysians, who have kept us afloat for the past 2 seasons, have identified a way of keeping the Cardiff City brand alive, albeit in a different couour for our home games, then I think we ought to put things into a true perspective, support them and applaud their efforts!

None of us have any idea how far they can take us with the proposed investment, but I think that even the most vocal of "blue at all cost" supporters will admit, that the alternative is not going to be anything like how it has been, since Andy Campbell's wonder strike, earned us promotion to what I consider to be the best, but hardest league to get out of!

Whilst I thoroughly enjoy the level of football in the Championship however, it's clear that we need to get promoted in the next couple of seasons, in order to stabilise the club more financially!

All I'd ask of everybody, is to give them a chance, as they've not let us down to date!

Sun May 13, 2012 12:16 am

They have had the last year to gauge the opinions of the Fans. They did not and tried to bring it on the sly. Now its out they want to talk :o FFS

Sun May 13, 2012 12:29 am

Nuclearblue wrote:They have had the last year to gauge the opinions of the Fans. They did not and tried to bring it on the sly. Now its out they want to talk :o FFS

They had an idea, which was going to be presented to the fans in what seemed to me, to be a practicable and responsibe way!

It seems that somebody else got sly and leaked the proposals!

Somebody made a mistake, either in trusting somebody with privileged information, which somebody chose to divulge!

Has anybody on here never made mistakes?

Sun May 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:They have had the last year to gauge the opinions of the Fans. They did not and tried to bring it on the sly. Now its out they want to talk :o FFS

They had an idea, which was going to be presented to the fans in what seemed to me, to be a practicable and responsibe way!

Somebody made a mistake, either in trusting somebody with privileged information, which somebody chose to divulge!

If what you say is true then why were we told that we had no choice but to accept these proposals?

Sun May 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

They had an idea, which was going to be presented to the fans in what seemed to me, to be a practicable and responsible way!

If what you say is true then why were we told that we had no choice but to accept these proposals?

Ask the person who posted/published the info!

Mon May 14, 2012 6:01 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Isn't that what the club said at the meeting of fans who apparently represent the rest of us? I hate been dictated to by rich owners. could you imagine McDonalds deciding to do away with hamburgers to appeal more to the large vegetarian market in the far east?

Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Because its pretty obvious what I said is what happened it dosn't take Sherlock Holmes to work it out. They got rumbled and are now going with the sympathy route. Que loads of gullable fans shouting oh those poor Malaysians, and attacking the one person who did the right thing. So you carry on get yr flags and go and pick Tan up from the airport in your Morris Marina whilst shouting Love slogans , and don't forget the knee pads .

Mon May 14, 2012 11:09 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Because its pretty obvious what I said is what happened it dosn't take Sherlock Holmes to work it out. They got rumbled and are now going with the sympathy route. Que loads of gullable fans shouting oh those poor Malaysians, and attacking the one person who did the right thing. So you carry on get yr flags and go and pick Tan up from the airport in your Morris Marina whilst shouting Love slogans , and don't forget the knee pads .

Take it we won't see you down the city this season then? :D

Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Well said carl ;) ;) :ayatollah: