Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still be cautious

Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 am

I have been following the story of your re-branding through the news this week, and watched as the story has gone from one extreme to the other in absolute amazement. By f**k it must be a nightmare being a Cardiff fan at times over the past few years? (Been there as a Swans fan in the past, it's not a good feeling)

From what I can see from reading through this board though, you may still be playing in red next season, and your badge is still going to change albeit with a Bluebird included. So what exactly did all this achieve?

If I was a Cardiff fan then obviously I would be more than thankful to the Malaysians, they no doubt saved you from a painful few years if you had gone down the administration route and they still seem to pulling in the right direction, but at what cost? They seem to have got their way this time by threatening to pull out their intended investment, what is to stop them doing this the next time they don't get their way? And who knows what the next plan from them may involve?

I'm not on here to put a cloud over things, I just feel that rolling out the welcoming party (All dress in red? Give them a big welcome when they arrive?) would send out the wrong message to them. I'm sure they have researchers who can see how the tide has turned in their favour through message boards and the media, they know that there is a positive feeling about what they are doing at the moment.

I might be well off the mark, they might be genuine, in which case, enjoy the investment and the good times ahead, just exercise a little bit of caution as to where this might eventually lead.

Re: Still be cautious

Sat May 12, 2012 8:47 am

either that or pretty much no club

Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

CraigCCFC wrote:either that or pretty much no club

That would be blackmail then? That's not a great footing to set off on. Like I said, I don't know much about your owners, I just think you should exercise a little caution for now.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 am

scotsjack wrote:I have been following the story of your re-branding through the news this week, and watched as the story has gone from one extreme to the other in absolute amazement. By f**k it must be a nightmare being a Cardiff fan at times over the past few years? (Been there as a Swans fan in the past, it's not a good feeling)

From what I can see from reading through this board though, you may still be playing in red next season, and your badge is still going to change albeit with a Bluebird included. So what exactly did all this achieve?

If I was a Cardiff fan then obviously I would be more than thankful to the Malaysians, they no doubt saved you from a painful few years if you had gone down the administration route and they still seem to pulling in the right direction, but at what cost? They seem to have got their way this time by threatening to pull out their intended investment, what is to stop them doing this the next time they don't get their way? And who knows what the next plan from them may involve?

I'm not on here to put a cloud over things, I just feel that rolling out the welcoming party (All dress in red? Give them a big welcome when they arrive?) would send out the wrong message to them. I'm sure they have researchers who can see how the tide has turned in their favour through message boards and the media, they know that there is a positive feeling about what they are doing at the moment.

I might be well off the mark, they might be genuine, in which case, enjoy the investment and the good times ahead, just exercise a little bit of caution as to where this might eventually lead.

thanks for your concern and advise :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 am

Seriously how the f**k can we be cautious, we don't own the club. We have no say in the running of the club. As city fans all we can do is get back on the roller coaster that is CCFC.

Vincent Tan is the Messiah, and I should know I've followed a Few

Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am

honestly, we will have to cross that bridge if we came to it. Right now I want a club to support, let alone a successful one. Baby steps.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 am

scotsjack wrote:I have been following the story of your re-branding through the news this week, and watched as the story has gone from one extreme to the other in absolute amazement. By f**k it must be a nightmare being a Cardiff fan at times over the past few years? (Been there as a Swans fan in the past, it's not a good feeling)

As always scotsjack - well put together post.

I agree with you on the sickly charm offensive -not nice
but these guys are from a different culture and dont possibly dont have the brass neck for the abuse that goes with football.
most fans are mortified by the events and the thought of losing our club -
we are in a no win situation in some respects.

What can we do though - seriously? there are a lot of mixed up emotions out there.

All the years i've had bitter jackss complaining about the second city syndrome and we get more media than you bullcrap -through their mostly one eyed 'Leighton James esq' views, when reality is mate - we've had a far more testing roller coaster than you, period.
Well done for holding your own this season in the prem

To most CCFC fans at this moment in time - holding our own means to just have a competitive club in the championship.

what happens next............................who knows??????? :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 2:11 pm

you may be right about caution but realisticaly have to believe they are honurable and up to know cant deny that they have been, what future plans they have well only time will tell as no one has got a clue only speculate as to what may happen so for now welcome to the soap opera that is ccfc could be interesting times ahead!

Sat May 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Some good points however I think after years of mismanagement we are not really left with a choice. If the guy is only willing to invest with a red vision we have to accept it.

Now the dust has settled and emotions calmed down even if people have different views on the rebrand I think the we are all united in still wanting a club to support.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 pm

This has been a terrible week. Scotsjack, you are right to advise caution. Try as I might, I can not remember another lot of owners who have put conditions like these on their new club. What's the betting that they go back on TG's letter on Thursday? The grovelling is embarrassing. These are businessmen who have made fortunes, not philanthropists.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:This has been a terrible week. Scotsjack, you are right to advise caution. Try as I might, I can not remember another lot of owners who have put conditions like these on their new club. What's the betting that they go back on TG's letter on Thursday? The grovelling is embarrassing. These are businessmen who have made fortunes, not philanthropists.

well said, the grovelling and arse kissing over the last day or two has been pathetic.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:This has been a terrible week. Scotsjack, you are right to advise caution. Try as I might, I can not remember another lot of owners who have put conditions like these on their new club. What's the betting that they go back on TG's letter on Thursday? The grovelling is embarrassing. These are businessmen who have made fortunes, not philanthropists.

well said, the grovelling and arse kissing over the last day or two has been pathetic.
...............I totally agree, its embarrasing as f**k.The Sold out Crew :oops: