Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

brain injury

Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 am

What is it called when a brain injury victim's hands and feet start to curl in? I have a brother who suffered a traumatic brain injury 4 mos ago. He is on a vent, is partially conscience & opens his eyes, however more recently his hands & feet are curling in and his head is starting to tilt downward. He is very stiff, muscle relaxers are not helping. I want to know what the "curling" condition is called.

Re: brain injury

Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 am

The chances of getting an answer from someone well informed on this site are virtually zero, some of the discussions over the past few days seem to have been carried out by Neanderthal men and children. I would be very surprised if any member has an iq in 3 figures apart from myself, unfortunately I am not in the medical profession, I am just a mere number in the world today, I have 3 children meaning I have very little time to practice medicine. I'm not a gynaecologist But I have some experience in that field.

Your best bet would be to try the NHS if you can get through on there 10per minute number, or I'm guessing your brother may well still be in hospital. If so maybe ask a consultant. Good luck to your brother

Sorry

Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 am

Just checked could be distonia, can also be linked to parkinsons or neuromuscular embalance. I would go for the third option.

But as I said check with someone qualified.

Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Miller time wrote:The chances of getting an answer from someone well informed on this site are virtually zero, some of the discussions over the past few days seem to have been carried out by Neanderthal men and children. I would be very surprised if any member has an iq in 3 figures apart from myself, unfortunately I am not in the medical profession, I am just a mere number in the world today, I have 3 children meaning I have very little time to practice medicine. I'm not a gynaecologist But I have some experience in that field.

Your best bet would be to try the NHS if you can get through on there 10per minute number, or I'm guessing your brother may well still be in hospital. If so maybe ask a consultant. Good luck to your brother

Sorry

Quite possibly one of the most pompous posts I've ever seen on here and it didn't help him either.

Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 pm

cliftona wrote:What is it called when a brain injury victim's hands and feet start to curl in? I have a brother who suffered a traumatic brain injury 4 mos ago. He is on a vent, is partially conscience & opens his eyes, however more recently his hands & feet are curling in and his head is starting to tilt downward. He is very stiff, muscle relaxers are not helping. I want to know what the "curling" condition is called.

I don't know what it's called , but I wish him all the best mate !!!

Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Miller time wrote:The chances of getting an answer from someone well informed on this site are virtually zero, some of the discussions over the past few days seem to have been carried out by Neanderthal men and children. I would be very surprised if any member has an iq in 3 figures apart from myself, unfortunately I am not in the medical profession, I am just a mere number in the world today, I have 3 children meaning I have very little time to practice medicine. I'm not a gynaecologist But I have some experience in that field.

Sorry

Quite possibly one of the most pompous posts I've ever seen on here and it didn't help him either.

Was thinking exactly the same. Idiot :roll:

All the best to the original poster, hope someone here will have an answer for you

Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Sorry

You call people neanderthals and an we all have a low IQ, yet you are talking to a spamming bot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Sorry

Why? If you want that information do you post on a medical forum or on a football one?

Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 pm

It's been copied and pasted from a google search.....

http://braininjury.protabolism.com/brai ... o-curl-in/

WTF? :oops: :oops:

Sat May 12, 2012 5:29 pm

nerd wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Sorry

Why? If you want that information do you post on a medical forum or on a football one?

I'm talking about yet another CCFC fan insulting others on here.

Sat May 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Christ.. Any of you familiar with spambot... Christ who comes on a football forum and asks a question like that for there 1st post....

I was being sarcastic... After the posts this weeks...

Perhaps I am the only 1 with an iq of at least 100...

Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Miller time wrote:Christ.. Any of you familiar with spambot... Christ who comes on a football forum and asks a question like that for there 1st post....

I was being sarcastic... After the posts this weeks...

Perhaps I am the only 1 with an iq of at least 100...

Perhaps it's time for CCFC fans to stop ripping into each other.

Sat May 12, 2012 6:32 pm

All you go to do is paste the first line of any post and if it's come from anywhere else it will come up on search engine straight away. The fact that was originally posted back in 2010 somewhere probably means the original was meant to be opened with a virus or phising or to boost it's search listing when someone posts a link.....

:D

Im not a callous individual I was being sarcastic after the crap on here all week.

Any way I'm off on battlefield 3 too kick some kids arses... Wife and 3 kids away yeh :D

Sat May 12, 2012 6:46 pm

:ayatollah: