Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

INSULTING TO OUR HISTORY!

Fri May 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Surely our history and legacy means more than a colour or a badge? People keep going on about how this would have been selling out our history by making the switch to red. I find this insulting to our history personally. We are so much more than a colour or a nickname. We are Cardiff City. Blue, Green, Red, Yellow. Does not matter to me :ayatollah:

Re: INSULTING TO OUR HISTORY!

Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm

This is true I have been a bluebird since 1948 and see the plastic element as being just as much an enemy as the Malaysians are :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 11:27 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Surely our history and legacy means more than a colour or a badge? People keep going on about how this would have been selling out our history by making the switch to red. I find this insulting to our history personally. We are so much more than a colour or a nickname. We are Cardiff City. Blue, Green, Red, Yellow. Does not matter to me :ayatollah:

What is insulting to our history is when someone tries to change it behind our backs without consultation. :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 8:56 am

We had a Dragon on our badge when we won the FA cup in 1927, so was it insulting to our history when it was later changed to a Bluebird?

Sat May 12, 2012 9:00 am

Most important thing his having a future,if that means playing in red,then we got to do it.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 am

The way I'm looking at it is. If given the choice every Cardiff fan would want to play the home games in blue. But if playing in red at home means we will have major investment and a chance to build a team for automatic promotion next year. Then its a price worth paying. Hopefully it will be for only one or two seasons then we can change it back to blue. Saying that if we go up us champions and we doing well in the premiership, some might not want to change back ha ha.

As for the badge. If the bluebird is on there but dragon is more prominent next season. I see it as going back to the badge when we had our greatest success ( a bit like Liverpool have done). Also on that badge was 'Y ddraig goch ddry cychwyn' (the Red Dragon will lead the way). Hopefully it will bring us even more success.

We will still be Cardiff City the bluebirds :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:Surely our history and legacy means more than a colour or a badge? People keep going on about how this would have been selling out our history by making the switch to red. I find this insulting to our history personally. We are so much more than a colour or a nickname. We are Cardiff City. Blue, Green, Red, Yellow. Does not matter to me :ayatollah:

What is insulting to our history is when someone tries to change it behind our backs without consultation. :ayatollah:

It wouldn't have come across that way if the story hadn't been leaked.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 am

Can we diferentiate between history and tradition.

The history remains, it's the traditions that are being affected

Sat May 12, 2012 9:17 am

As I have try to point out on this board many times over the last week , if this club dies so do our history, Believe me yes the Bluebirds will be talked about for a few years in the few Pubs that are left ,and after the talk stops so will our History.
While we have Cardiff City be it Blue Red Green or Even black, every time they take to the pitch they take our history on that pitch with them, So when they stop ,so do our history !! Fact !

Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 am

We have every right to protect our history, but at the same time we have no right to deny our children a successful future.

It's time to make some new history :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 9:38 am

Cardiff wernt called the bluebirds untill the 60s

Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:We had a Dragon on our badge when we won the FA cup in 1927, so was it insulting to our history when it was later changed to a Bluebird?

Chief was that not the Cardiff coat of Arms ? A little bit different to an Asian Dragon don't you think ?

Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:We had a Dragon on our badge when we won the FA cup in 1927, so was it insulting to our history when it was later changed to a Bluebird?

Chief was that not the Cardiff coat of Arms ? A little bit different to an Asian Dragon don't you think ?

There was NEVER goin to be an Asian dragon. It WILL be a WELSH one

Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 am

was ninian park our history ??? but we moved on and got on with it !!!!

Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Perhaps the dragon will be Welsh

Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:This is true I have been a bluebird since 1948 and see the plastic element as being just as much an enemy as the Malaysians are :old:

For someone who has been around for so long I thought you might have had a bit more sense :lol:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 am

Beans wrote:Cardiff wernt called the bluebirds untill the 60s

wrong!!!! We didnt have a bluebird on out shirt until the late 50's but we had been called the Bluebirds since 1911.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 am

History never goes away lads, whatever happens

We still remember our Brave Heroes from the two World Wars and that will
never change

Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 am

Jimbo27 wrote:
Beans wrote:Cardiff wernt called the bluebirds untill the 60s

wrong!!!! We didnt have a bluebird on out shirt until the late 50's but we had been called the Bluebirds since 1911.

Actually it was the 30s we were called the Bluebirds. I didnt mean the 6 lol

Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:This is true I have been a bluebird since 1948 and see the plastic element as being just as much an enemy as the Malaysians are :old:

who are the plastic element mate

Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

You can't make this sh it up. when have you ever read it to be an Asian dragon? Can you even read? we know you can't spell but i thought you may have been gifted with at least one attribute.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 am

The Douce wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You can't make this sh it up. when have you ever read it to be an Asian dragon? Can you even read? we know you can't spell but i thought you may have been gifted with at least one attribute.

I can spell WANKER and you are one prize one. If you don't like my threads stop reading them .

Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 am

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

[color

Perhaps the dragon will be Welsh

[color=#4000FF]Well it may of had Welsh parentage but we was told it would be an Asian Dragon

Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 am

I may be, but you're still an ignorant closet racist, with the literacy skills of a cock flavoured lolly pop.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 am

Jack fake.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 am

The Douce wrote:I may be, but you're still an ignorant closet racist, with the literacy skills of a cock flavoured lolly pop.

I don't know what one tastes like. But the amount of Cock sucking you have done recently you must be a legend at it. And goes with your dick head !!

Sat May 12, 2012 11:05 am

Pah awful retort. 14 K posts, not a single funny joke, witty comment or intellectual and literate paragraph. Just 14 thousand "chiefs".

Sat May 12, 2012 6:40 pm

The Douce wrote:Pah awful retort. 14 K posts, not a single funny joke, witty comment or intellectual and literate paragraph. Just 14 thousand "chiefs".

Excuse me !! post 12.745 it was an exceptianal joke which bought the house down. So don't lie that you have read every post, anyway that makes you obsessed CHIEF. 14001 Chiefs but only one knob .....You !!

Sat May 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

how do you change history? is your name Marty McFly?

Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

So what is a plastic???