Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Still confused as to why

Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Aramore wrote:Vincent Tan is a self made billionaire.

Why on Earth would he decide to change a football team's colours for the lulz?

if he says it needs doing it's for a reason. He knows his country far better than we do.

Vincent Tan does not even like football, he wants to turn Cardiff City into a 100% Malaysian franshise so he can stack more dosh under his matress, from marketing Malaysia Dragons what ever he eventualy wants to call us to sell to the Malaysian People. Do you think he is here because he loves us ?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:After investing 40 million they will only invest more if we change colour???

Now theres been a lot of mud slinging from both sides but in between it all I am still to see a logical and well put argument as to why we have to change colour?

Surely its the team that brings success not the colour?

Whitley says because Tan believes Red will make £ Millions in Malaysia and Blue wont.

that's a load of bollocks, if you have a look at the Malaysia national team shit its blue with a small bit of red on the arms.
look at the bigger picture, this could be the get out card what they have been looking for.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Also Chelsea are pulling out of Malaysia, but Man Utd and Arsenal are raking it in over there, Whitley said.

Whiteleys spinning it.

A number of Malaysian teams play in Blue, utter drivel. Answer me this Annis, Why do Malaysian clubs play in blue when it's considered "unlucky"?

Hmm, I am just repeating his words, not mine.
But I am happy to have them on board.

Plenty are knocking them for not understanding our culture. But then we are criticising them without spending time to work out WHY they want to go the way they are.

The branding was to make us more attractive to the Malaysians. We aren't Liverpool, Chelsea or Man U, the public there need to see a real link between us and that where the colour and the dragon came from.

I couldn't see it to start off, but the more I've looked into it the more I can see where they are coming from.

At the end of the day, shrts and a badge can be changed back overnight if it doesnt work out.

It seems a bit selfish in a way -almost like we want your money but don't want to share our identity/club ?
Last edited by Lawnmower on Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

if he says it needs doing it's for a reason. He knows his country far better than we do.

Vincent Tan does not even like football, he wants to turn Cardiff City into a 100% Malaysian franshise so he can stack more dosh under his matress, from marketing Malaysia Dragons what ever he eventualy wants to call us to sell to the Malaysian People. Do you think he is here because he loves us ?

Why do you keep spreading such vile lies about our owners?

Where does this idea that we're a profitable business come from?

Any money we earn/Tan earns will be as a result of a highly successful turn around in our fortunes. If he can make Cardiff profitable enough to get a return on £100 million he bloody deserves it!

Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:7% isn't a high rate for a business loan for a club with our financial history!

You need 4% per annum just to break even. If we were getting a third party loan I guarantee it would be a hell of a lot higher than 7%.

It isn't Tan's dosh though is it

What do you mean?

In other words he's mugging you off mush

Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 pm

It's not farcical at all.
It is a huge part of Chinese Malaysian culture.
I suggest people read about this before anymore offence is caused.

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resourc ... aysia.html

Fri May 11, 2012 9:27 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:7% isn't a high rate for a business loan for a club with our financial history!

You need 4% per annum just to break even. If we were getting a third party loan I guarantee it would be a hell of a lot higher than 7%.

What do you mean?

What do you means it's not his money?

Where do you think the cash is coming from?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Also Chelsea are pulling out of Malaysia, but Man Utd and Arsenal are raking it in over there, Whitley said.

Whiteleys spinning it.

A number of Malaysian teams play in Blue, utter drivel. Answer me this Annis, Why do Malaysian clubs play in blue when it's considered "unlucky"?

Plenty are knocking them for not understanding our culture. But then we are criticising them without spending time to work out WHY they want to go the way they are.

The branding was to make us more attractive to the Malaysians. We aren't Liverpool, Chelsea or Man U, the public there need to see a real link between us and that where the colour and the dragon came from.

I couldn't see it to start off, but the more I've looked into it the more I can see where they are coming from.

At the end of the day, shrts and a badge can be changed back overnight if it doesnt work out.

It seems a bit selfish in a way -almost like we want your money but don't want to share our identity/club ?

Who the f**k put this tw*t in charge of selling Cardiff Cities soul? :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

What do you mean?

Loans R US

Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Sense at last

Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

What do you mean?

Loans R US

Why the hell would Loans R Us offer us, a team which has probably one of the worst credit histories/ratings a 7% loan?

We'd be lucky if we could get it below 20%!

Fri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Aramore wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Why do you keep spreading such vile lies about our owners?

Where does this idea that we're a profitable business come from?

Any money we earn/Tan earns will be as a result of a highly successful turn around in our fortunes. If he can make Cardiff profitable enough to get a return on £100 million he bloody deserves it!

And by what i say is the only way he will make money out of us. Without that he will make fook all. So in the end he gets his way or he makes nowt. And he is a ruthless ruthless buisnessman that is for sure. I will not slate him for that in the same way as i hope he wont slate me for trying to save our Club

Fri May 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

We know whats going on nukes let them walk about with there ear muffs and white canes then i can say when the shit really hits the fan i told you to wake up, like the last few days which i said would happen 9months ago :roll: leave them to it.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Why the hell would Loans R Us offer us, a team which has probably one of the worst credit histories/ratings a 7% loan?

We'd be lucky if we could get it below 20%!

In due course my friend in due course

polo wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
polo wrote:After investing 40 million they will only invest more if we change colour???

Now theres been a lot of mud slinging from both sides but in between it all I am still to see a logical and well put argument as to why we have to change colour?

Surely its the team that brings success not the colour?

its about getting some return on his investment dont forget he is going to stand for our debts in way of equity, only way to do that is selling club in asia and being the buisness man he is garaunteed he has reserched this! that is to change colour for reasons explained plenty times so hence change, come on can you doubt man of his credentials doesnt know what hes doing? my belief is theres a lots more to this than meets the eye in way of investment oppertunity time will tell in this respect

Allan you didnt answer the question. You gave no logical reason why he can only get a return with a specific colour.

well VT thinks he can? who are we to argue against that? only other reason is that like alot people say on here he wants to turn us into malasian franchise or the like, but only problem with that scenario is he could have bought brizzle city already red!! all can say is he must have reason for making such a move knowing full well the opposition to move he isnt stupid!

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

We know whats going on nukes let them walk about with there ear muffs and white canes then i can say when the shit really hits the fan i told you to wake up, like the last few days which i said would happen 9months ago :roll: leave them to it.

You know f**k all.

You've been insisting for months that the Malaysians are off at the end of the season and then when they finally make a commitment to giving us money you act like you warned us about their evil plans to improve the club and idiots like Nukes believe your lies.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs at the CCS at this moment in time. These bone heads will wake up when the club finally goes boom

Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Whiteleys spinning it.

Just my opinion.

Good to see you put yours so eloquently.

I want a club for my kids, and no, not the one I grew up with when we were shit and didn't have a pot to piss in, or even the one form 5 years ago when we spent more time in court that on the pitch.

I don't want to change colours I grew up with the blue and so has my son, my uncle and my grandfather, but really don't thnk it the be-all and end-all and at least want to find out the reasons why.

Many years ago I was one of the people who put money in (to my wife's disgust) to help keep us going. There would be no chance this time unless you have £50m to spare ?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You know f**k all.

You've been insisting for months that the Malaysians are off at the end of the season and then when they finally make a commitment to giving us money you act like you warned us about their evil plans to improve the club and idiots like Nukes believe your lies.

I will always f*cking knew, I was against the Malaysian occupation and intervention on this club from the start :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You know f**k all.

Clearly you know less then if thats the case show me where ive said there off at the end of the season, spin doctor although the rest is true :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Whiteleys spinning it.

Just my opinion.

Good to see you put yours so eloquently.

I want a club for my kids, and no, not the one I grew up with when we were shit and didn't have a pot to piss in, or even the one form 5 years ago when we spent more time in court that on the pitch.

I don't want to change colours I grew up with the blue and so has my son, my uncle and my grandfather, but really don't thnk it the be-all and end-all and at least want to find out the reasons why.

Many years ago I was one of the people who put money in (to my wife's disgust) to help keep us going. There would be no chance this time unless you have £50m to spare ?

I prefer those days, at least then we had 4k real fans and not 19k young plastics :old:

I don't have 50M spare but i'm striving to get all my money together to invest, welsh club for welsh fans :old: :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You know f**k all.

Clearly you know less then if thats the case show me where ive said there off at the end of the season, spin doctor although the rest is true :lol:

Be honest lads. Just like me you know f-all about whats going on 6000 miles away

Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:
WestWhite wrote:

What do you mean?

just like your beloved owner !!

Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Allan / Aromore I was looking for logical reasons not 'hes a billionaire he knows what hes doing'

He didnt make that money running a football club.

The Venkys made plenty of money in business but theyve made a right pigs ear of Blackburn.

Sadly we are in this red or dead position because if years and years of mismanagement but for me there is still no logical reasoning.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You know f**k all.
For someone who contantly preaches to us on Racism and the like, you are a perfect person you constantly abuse people mainly me when i have promised to behave. But i am no one's puppet obviously you dont know me :evil:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You know f**k all.

Be honest lads. Just like me you know f-all about whats going on 6000 miles away

I knew what was going on nine months ago theres people in this thread ive debated(called names off) with over what would happen and here it is on are doorstep now some have seen the light. Its not lies its facts as ive said these things the whole time it was a PR stunt ect ect with details and so on.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

:old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 pm

polo wrote:Allan / Aromore I was looking for logical reasons not 'hes a billionaire he knows what hes doing'

He didnt make that money running a football club.

The Venkys made plenty of money in business but theyve made a right pigs ear of Blackburn.

Sadly we are in this red or dead position because if years and years of mismanagement but for me there is still no logical reasoning.

No I get what you're saying.

I guess it's just a case of do you trust the Malaysians. I've never seen anything from the Malaysians to suggest that they have anything but the club;'s interests at heart. They've never lied about anything and I think they've earned my trust.

Whether that's enough for you is another matter.

On an unrelated note: Sorry if I implied that you and p0lo were the same person in one of my posts earlier, I know you're not the same and I'm pretty confident that Bluebirdsince1948 is a continuation of that account. The posts are identical.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 pm

WestWhite wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs at the CCS at this moment in time. These bone heads will wake up when the club finally goes boom

yes and what will you be saying on wed if things go other way and invests £1ooml?? maybe sad at moment but hey could be worse!! could be 5omiles west of here in boreing city playing boreing football!! so who gives a fck what a swan fan as to say on ccfc site?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

My gut feeling is that VT himself isnt putting the money up. But he has probably got (for example 10 companies) prepared to stake 10 mil each on a promise of a high return if we make premier. So the simplistic question as to why he needs to change our colour for a 100 mil stake is self evident If he had others to come on board if he can sell them the perfect red ideology of a football investment.