Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still confused as to why

Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm

After investing 40 million they will only invest more if we change colour???

Now theres been a lot of mud slinging from both sides but in between it all I am still to see a logical and well put argument as to why we have to change colour?

Surely its the team that brings success not the colour?

Re: Still confused as to why

Fri May 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Spot on Polo - the other thing that confuses me is why the red kit can't be the away kit instead of the blue; doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to me.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:03 pm

polo wrote:After investing 40 million they will only invest more if we change colour???

Now theres been a lot of mud slinging from both sides but in between it all I am still to see a logical and well put argument as to why we have to change colour?

Whitley says because Tan believes Red will make £ Millions in Malaysia and Blue wont.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Takes time to research

He has seen money in a red kit.

Thats about it really. It's not rocket science. We are 0.00p more profitable since they took over despite £40mil pumped in. He saw profit in a red kit. Don't see the issue really.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Look at Manchester City, the club haven't changed a jot as far as I can see and they are on the verge of becoming a global superpower. They are doing well in Asia now due to success on the pitch not there colour.

We were a much bigger club than Manchester City only a few years ago, great fans but awful individuals those City lot. Never liked them coming down here :old: :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:06 pm

He's charging 7% interest and trying to get as much money as possible until he fucks off leaving you in free fall.. none of you can't get it into your heads can you

Fri May 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Think about it Chief ???? My post on what happens next!!! but Annis reply spot on, but they wont stop at colour of shirts either

and chelsea's tour in malaysia, thailand and china sold out, and the malaysian national side play in yellow it baffles me why we have to change to red

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:After investing 40 million they will only invest more if we change colour???

Whitley says because Tan believes Red will make £ Millions in Malaysia and Blue wont.

They reckon that Blue is a colour they wear when mourning, they wear blue to funerals in Malaysia, that`s why they dont like it.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But Manchester City and Chelsea are doing well in Malaysia, both play in blue.

Why aren't Swindon Town, Bristol City and Charlton Athletic going on a pre season tour of Malaysia this year :old:

No idea either.

wkdblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They reckon that Blue is a colour they wear when mourning, they wear blue to funerals in Malaysia, that`s why they dont like it.

f*cking what a pair of pearlers :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

half of the teams in the malaysian league play in blue, he wants red because the chinese think it's lucky and he is chinese

Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Also Chelsea are pulling out of Malaysia, but Man Utd and Arsenal are raking it in over there, Whitley said.

RFMH wrote:Takes time to research

He has seen money in a red kit.

Thats about it really. It's not rocket science. We are 0.00p more profitable since they took over despite £40mil pumped in. He saw profit in a red kit. Don't see the issue really.

Where is the logic that?

I hardly think hes going to make us profitable based on shirt sales of a championship club.

If we are talking red kits surely man u and liverpool have already got the malaysian market by the balls anyway?

Logically investing in players, getting promotion to the PL is a more logical way to make us more marketable regardless of club colours.

its about getting some return on his investment dont forget he is going to stand for our debts in way of equity, only way to do that is selling club in asia and being the buisness man he is garaunteed he has reserched this! that is to change colour for reasons explained plenty times so hence change, come on can you doubt man of his credentials doesnt know what hes doing? my belief is theres a lots more to this than meets the eye in way of investment oppertunity time will tell in this respect

Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Read up on loan sharks please FFS.. I knew Cardiff fans are thick but not this thick

Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Also Chelsea are pulling out of Malaysia, but Man Utd and Arsenal are raking it in over there, Whitley said.

Whiteleys spinning it.

A number of Malaysian teams play in Blue, utter drivel. Answer me this Annis, Why do Malaysian clubs play in blue when it's considered "unlucky"?

Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 pm

It's just superstitious nonsense. There is no need to change kit at all. Lucky and unlucky colours in Malaysia? Farcical :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:It's just superstitious nonsense. There is no need to change kit at all. Lucky and unlucky colours in Malaysia? Farcical :roll:

Racist :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

WestWhite wrote:He's charging 7% interest and trying to get as much money as possible until he fucks off leaving you in free fall.. none of you can't get it into your heads can you

yes we do, its just what your chairman will do to you! but you cant get it into your head! :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:Also Chelsea are pulling out of Malaysia, but Man Utd and Arsenal are raking it in over there, Whitley said.

Annis come on now your not that thick surely? Man Utd and Arsenal are in the top 10 clubs of WORLD FOOTBALL, if they turned there kit to a multi rainbow colour they would still rake it in, not because of kit colour

wkdblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well its been like a right death march here

7% isn't a high rate for a business loan for a club with our financial history!

You need 4% per annum just to break even. If we were getting a third party loan I guarantee it would be a hell of a lot higher than 7%.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

its about getting some return on his investment dont forget he is going to stand for our debts in way of equity, only way to do that is selling club in asia and being the buisness man he is garaunteed he has reserched this! that is to change colour for reasons explained plenty times so hence change, come on can you doubt man of his credentials doesnt know what hes doing? my belief is theres a lots more to this than meets the eye in way of investment oppertunity time will tell in this respect

Allan you didnt answer the question. You gave no logical reason why he can only get a return with a specific colour.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

Whiteleys spinning it.

A number of Malaysian teams play in Blue, utter drivel. Answer me this Annis, Why do Malaysian clubs play in blue when it's considered "unlucky"?

Hmm, I am just repeating his words, not mine.
But I am happy to have them on board.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Vincent Tan is a self made billionaire.

Why on Earth would he decide to change a football team's colours for the lulz?

if he says it needs doing it's for a reason. He knows his country far better than we do.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Aramore wrote:7% isn't a high rate for a business loan for a club with our financial history!

You need 4% per annum just to break even. If we were getting a third party loan I guarantee it would be a hell of a lot higher than 7%.

It isn't Tan's dosh though is it

Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

Whiteleys spinning it.

Hmm, I am just repeating his words, not mine.
But I am happy to have them on board.

As am I. They will be easily swayed.

Put it this way, the club should offer them this MASSIVE compromise. They can name the stadium whatever they like, even it's called Kuala Lumpur, I wouldn't care. The current name is stupid anyways, rarely used :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

WestWhite wrote:
Aramore wrote:7% isn't a high rate for a business loan for a club with our financial history!

It isn't Tan's dosh though is it

What do you mean?