Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" It looks like he is def off "

Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Tom Heaton has rejected a new contract and I dont blame him, good luck Heaton. :ayatollah:

Re: It looks like he is def off

Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Gutted - should have been given far more games than he has had this season.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Yes top bloke... Wont have a shortage of offers either... Hopefully we get investment otherwise bywater will be back...

Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Damn, Heaton is an absolute quality keeper, too good to be kept on the bench so I don't blame him for leaving. I wish him luck whatever team he goes to, and if the rumours of him going to Bristol are true, I hope he will be warmly welcomed when we play them next season :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 pm

He did the club proud this season.

Best of luck for the future Tom.

:ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tom Heaton has rejected a new contract and I dont blame him, good luck Heaton. :ayatollah:

Would help if this was done months & months ago same old done it with jay, burke and others who either had already agreed pre-contracts with other clubs because we was waiting for i dont know what or was let to go for f**k all millions gone down the pan the last few season due to the same reasons :roll:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Pick your thread names more carefully Annis!

I almost had heart attack then.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 pm

All the best to heaton, he was outstanding in our carling cup run and is too good to be on the bench most games. :ayatollah:

I hope he don't go to Wurzels, he will either end up at decent championship team or on the bench for a prem team getting a large wedge..

I wonder how many thought the title was referring to VT :lol:

on topic, he's a better keeper than Marshall, but I hope his career gets back on track

Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm

The Lad wrote:I wonder how many thought the title was referring to VT :lol:

on topic, he's a better keeper than Marshall, but I hope his career gets back on track

:lol:

I did it to make people look. :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Can't for the life of me see how people think Marshall is a better keeper. Heaton commands his box far better, organises the defence and has far superior distribution. Good luck Tom, not only are you a quailty keepr, your a top bloke too; my youngest will never forget the day you let him take penalties at the Vale against you just before the CC Final. Thank you.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tom Heaton has rejected a new contract and I dont blame him, good luck Heaton. :ayatollah:

Annis that heading almost made me sick. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN! :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Practising for a career in tabloid journalism ?

Feeling of dread opening this... :evil:

Great back up, will get better, hope he does well..

Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Don't blame him at all. The only way Heaton would stay is if he was given the number 1 shirt. I've always preferred Heaton to Marshall but it's hard to keep two good goalkeepers happy.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Lad wrote:I wonder how many thought the title was referring to VT :lol:

I did it to make people look. :lol:

Well you got me :D

Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:

Annis that heading almost made me sick. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN! :old:

Sorry :lol:

gutted i rated him really highly definetly our best keeper, good luck tom all the best for your future

Good keeper and would like to wish Tom Heaton all the best in his career.

But who are we bringing in ?

Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Practising for a career in tabloid journalism ?

Feeling of dread opening this... :evil:

Great back up, will get better, hope he does well..

:lol: :ayatollah:

The last 3 years on here has learnt me a lot.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 pm

England should take him to the Euros and bring him on just before the inevitable penalty shoot out.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm

I was jumping around the fecking living room (Trying to anayway, lumbago :old: ) even poured myself a drambuie at the thought that VT had pulled out.

Then I realised you meant Heaton....and did exactly the same thing.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Don't blame him at all. The only way Heaton would stay is if he was given the number 1 shirt. I've always preferred Heaton to Marshall but it's hard to keep two good goalkeepers happy.

Jon, I preferred Heaton, It was good having 2 good goalies.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 pm

We seem to have a bad habit of letting decent players go for f**k all...

Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Don't blame him at all. The only way Heaton would stay is if he was given the number 1 shirt. I've always preferred Heaton to Marshall but it's hard to keep two good goalkeepers happy.

Jon, I preferred Heaton, It was good having 2 good goalies.

We were lucky compared to most teams to have two good keepers, not even some Premiership sides have a good back up keeper.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Miller time wrote:We seem to have a bad habit of letting decent players go for f**k all...

Only now you have noticed like my 1st post in this thread we have let players go worth millions for nothing, then they say it was there wages and the next we sign players like kenny miller on double the wages of what just left and worse of a player ect :(

Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Heaton said goodbye to everyone a few days ago.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Aramore wrote:Pick your thread names more carefully Annis!

I almost had heart attack then.

Snap! :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Best of luck to Tom, he served us well and he helped us big time in the cup run this year. Sad to see him go and not having two good goalkeepers any more.

When is the retained list being released ?? :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Quite disappointed at this, to say the least.

I've always been of the opinion that he is better than Marshall. Commands his area better whilst also being calmer and more composed. And just as good a shot-stopper as DM as well. And he makes penalty saves from players ranging from the quality of Jermain Easter to Steven Gerrard :lol:

Thanks for all your efforts Tom :ayatollah: