Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Last Few Days

Fri May 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Can only sleep about an hour at a time. Like a bear with a sore head in work and at home . Thank god it all seems to have calmed down at last. I know there have been harsh words said by many people , but we are still the CCFC family - our history will always be there , but we must leave a leave a club for those who follow us. Do you really want them to go to shithouses like Rochdale Barnet etc or even The Welsh League ?
Bite the bullet and talk to V.T. And make it happen !!!

Re: The Last Few Days

Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 pm

46yrsblue wrote:Can only sleep about an hour at a time. Like a bear with a sore head in work and at home . Thank god it all seems to have calmed down at last. I know there have been harsh words said by many people , but we are still the CCFC family - our history will always be there , but we must leave a leave a club for those who follow us. Do you really want them to go to shithouses like Rochdale Barnet etc or even The Welsh League ?

I honestly believe it will all work out good for us all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
46yrsblue wrote:Can only sleep about an hour at a time. Like a bear with a sore head in work and at home . Thank god it all seems to have calmed down at last. I know there have been harsh words said by many people , but we are still the CCFC family - our history will always be there , but we must leave a leave a club for those who follow us. Do you really want them to go to shithouses like Rochdale Barnet etc or even The Welsh League ?

I honestly believe it will all work out good for us all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

does that mean still playing in blue

Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm

That's all well and good, but the atmosphere on this board has been terrible. Since TG's open letter yesterday, the venom directed at those of us who opposed the change to red shirts has been non stop. On Tuesday night, this change was reported as 'non-negotiable.' So ccsc and the trust, and plenty on this board, decided to see what people think. As a member of ccsc and the trust, I answered the question that both posed on their websites. No foul or racist language, just an honest opinion. The meeting planned for Saturday (now cancelled) was a genuine attemp to find out what people thought, and to see what could, or could not, be done. The vast majority of 'traditionalists' have conducted ourselves properly. Yet we are accused of wanting to kill the club, or see us return to the lower leagues. What we wanted to do was persuade the owners that their support is much appreciated, but to ask them to reconsider the colour change and badge change. What's wrong with that?

A final thought. It is probably best that this has happened now, otherwise it could have dragged on later into the pre-season period. Hopefully the dirty washing has now been done in public. Either way, a lot of people are going to be unhappy with the outcome. A lot of damage has been done this week. We all share a responsibility, the 'traditionalists', the 'modernists', and the owners. Hopefully the previous unity can be restored. We'll have to see.