Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: DANIEL M's Shirt Designs

Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Daniel M wrote:People have mentioned the home and away shirts are very similar and could clash and someone on twitter suggested using red and white for the away kit

what the hell do you use to make these designs...as good as good quality design gets TBH. All we need is some shorts and socks to complete the concept.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
Daniel M wrote:People have mentioned the home and away shirts are very similar and could clash and someone on twitter suggested using red and white for the away kit

what the hell do you use to make these designs...as good as good quality design gets TBH. All we need is some shorts and socks to complete the concept.

Photoshop mate, I could do designs with socks and shorts, thinking of either putting up a couple of designs or focussing on a main set like the ones I did already, will have a play around later :D

Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Daniel your shirt designs are brilliant,i'm sure they could easily be marketed around the world,people would only be too glad to wear them for fashion not just sport.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

i must say butt these are the nicest football kit designs i have ever seen in my life! different to anything i've seen and i'm sure any cardiff fans would buy these tops, and i'm sure the asian market would to!... it must be done that VT and TG view these as i'm sure they'd be more than 100% happy with these!

i've posted these on my facebook btw and everyone whose commented on them loves them and they've had over 70 likes for them, so well done butt! :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:i must say butt these are the nicest football kit designs i have ever seen in my life! different to anything i've seen and i'm sure any cardiff fans would buy these tops, and i'm sure the asian market would to!... it must be done that VT and TG view these as i'm sure they'd be more than 100% happy with these!

i've posted these on my facebook btw and everyone whose commented on them loves them and they've had over 70 likes for them, so well done butt! :D :ayatollah:

Haha good to hear mate, if you have any ideas for potential designs I will give them a go :D

Fri May 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Mate,your positve attitude to a compromise with these shirt designs is spot on.
Fair play

Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm firmly in the blue camp but open to suggestions. Well done on the designs, this is the kind of compromise that might just work.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 pm

i want that black and yellow and the red and white now!! :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Absolutely brilliant! I hope the club takes these designs on board! Hopefully a major sports manufacturer will see these and you'll get a job offer mate, clearly very talented and would love to see more of your designs on football kits compared to some of the bland crap out today

Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Daniel M wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:i must say butt these are the nicest football kit designs i have ever seen in my life! different to anything i've seen and i'm sure any cardiff fans would buy these tops, and i'm sure the asian market would to!... it must be done that VT and TG view these as i'm sure they'd be more than 100% happy with these!

Haha good to hear mate, if you have any ideas for potential designs I will give them a go :D

no problems butt :) what you should do which might be a good idea is come up with other designs which please everyone incase the 1st ones can't happen, and ask people to vote on their favourites which can then be forwarded to Tan so he can decide!... im sure he'd be happy to still make the choice but atleast he has some fans perspectives of what he wants! :ayatollah: of you get me? :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 pm

ooh. That's a nice one aswell.

I;'d be happy with that as our home kit, some random blue thing for away and that nice black and yellow as our third.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Absolutely brilliant! I hope the club takes these designs on board! Hopefully a major sports manufacturer will see these and you'll get a job offer mate, clearly very talented and would love to see more of your designs on football kits compared to some of the bland crap out today

agree, football could use your ideas :lol:
f**k me i'm arselicking this guy, thats how much i like these kits :lol:

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Daniel M wrote:

no problems butt :) what you should do which might be a good idea is come up with other designs which please everyone incase the 1st ones can't happen, and ask people to vote on their favourites which can then be forwarded to Tan so he can decide!... im sure he'd be happy to still make the choice but atleast he has some fans perspectives of what he wants! :ayatollah: of you get me? :lol:
btw what do use to make these? might have a go :lol:

Will try and make a selection for tomorrow and see what ones people like :) I used Photoshop to make these, the shape/texture you see is part of an old template from a Football Manager forum I used to go on to make kits for the game haha if you need any help just ask :D

Those designs are awesome! :-) If those first 3 tops were our kit for next season, I'd be over the moon. It wouldn't bother me which one was home, away or 3rd choice because the team would have an awesome, unique kit on for every match!
:ayatollah: Might I suggest you design a 'hat's off' emoticon and promptly add it to my post!

Actually, if you get time to fiddle, can you see how it would look with green diagonals, the main part white, but with red on the dragon part? I'm not thinking of CCFC but it might make a nice Wales top! :-P

Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Bluebird007 wrote:Those designs are awesome! :-) If those first 3 tops were our kit for next season, I'd be over the moon. It wouldn't bother me which one was home, away or 3rd choice because the team would have an awesome, unique kit on for every match!
:ayatollah: Might I suggest you design a 'hat's off' emoticon and promptly add it to my post!

Actually, if you get time to fiddle, can you see how it would look with green diagonals, the main part white, but with red on the dragon part? I'm not thinking of CCFC but it might make a nice Wales top! :-P

Nice idea, what you reckon of:

Fri May 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Daniel M wrote:
Bluebird007 wrote:Those designs are awesome! :-) If those first 3 tops were our kit for next season, I'd be over the moon. It wouldn't bother me which one was home, away or 3rd choice because the team would have an awesome, unique kit on for every match!

[img]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7041/wales1.png[img]

The good thing about that is it has a mixture of far eastern culture with the white background and red arms and then the welsh flag. Very much a fan.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Daniel M wrote:Nice idea, what you reckon of:

Nice!!! :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Daniel M wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:
Daniel M wrote:If anyone has any ideas at all in kit designs, post in here and I will try and make some custom ones for you if you like, can't promise all but I'll give it a go :ayatollah:

Daniel have you posted these of Mike's message board?

Registered last night but account not been approved yet although I can see they've been posted a few times already.

Got replies from Steve Tucker, Borley and Barrie McAuliffe on twitter. Barrie says he'll pass them on 100% so looks like the Malaysians will see them which would be great be he reckons the can't be used as next seasons designs.

:ayatollah:

My guess would be that we will be using a pre set templete by puma {i beleive someone posted there 2012/2013 range on your other thread} which would be part of the kit contract where by we choose the colour and badge, so to have a "custom made" kit at this late stage is probably why he says it aint possible this season!?........Even though i must say i think its a fantastic compromise :ayatollah:

ATB
Tim

Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 am

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6034/633 ... e8fce5.jpg

it seems like puma are going for this sort of shirt next season from what i've seen (or similar), see what you can do with that! :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 am

QUALIT-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sat May 12, 2012 4:10 am

Daniel,

You have a talent young man and your designs are getting better and better imo. I really like the red with white dragon, I think this goes in line more with "compromise" as a home top, rather than the blue. But heck, I love the last two as well.

These things would sell like crazy, I want one now. I would proudly sport one of them here in the States, and I just bet I would get a whole mess load of questions about whose club has the "freakin awesome jerseys".

Sat May 12, 2012 4:31 am

Hi Daniel

Thanks for all your efforts, like the previous poster has stated, you really do have a talent. Out of curiousity was wondering if you were able to do me a favour to satisfy my curiousity. Thanks to the actions of some of our so called fans, I believe that we should do even more to compramise and include changes to our badge, so could you therefore try the following changes to your first kit as follows:

Change the yellow dot on the I in Malaysia to red so that the word is all one colour.

Turn our crest red, in the top 2 boxes of our crest put a bluebird in each box (i've never understood why we include daffs, no other english club include an english rose in their crest as far as i'm aware). And make the centre piece the welsh dragon. Then finally replace the word bluebirds for the latin phrase our owners wanted in the first place. If you or anyone else for that matter could do this and tweet the result to Steve Borley I would be greatfull.

I know our owners are deeply superstitous and the word and the colour blue they associate with death and ill fortune so let's show them just how much we are willing to compramise even though they have stated we can keep our badge, I think we should be showing them we are more than willing to take their views on board.

I look forward to seeing the result of my idea, as i'm sure it will work - I just wish I had your ability to do it myself!!

Sat May 12, 2012 6:32 am

Top stuff Dan - well done. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 12:40 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6034/6330252611_24c3e8fce5.jpg

it seems like puma are going for this sort of shirt next season from what i've seen (or similar), see what you can do with that! :ayatollah:

Here we go mate a few combinations

ImageImageImageImageImage

:ayatollah:

Will try emjay's request later :D

Sat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm

nice.

Sat May 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Daniel M wrote:

that's mint fair play. The blue should be home kit that as our away and the balck as our 3rd kit IMO

Sat May 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Daniel M wrote:Here they are Polo

Created them as I enjoy graphics design as a potential compromise and posted them on here yesterday, certainly did not expect them to spread around so quickly but really pleased that most seem to like them. I too would like to stay blue, but if a compromise is needed I think the majority would be happy to accept it. If these were shown to the club that would be fantastic :ayatollah:

Could these be the compromise that would suit everyone?

Sat May 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Excellent Daniel :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Love these shirts and would defo buy all 3 if we used them for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Absolutley outstanding shirt designs fella!

What i was wondering (to try and accommodate everyone) is we have the mix of blue (fans) & red (VT etc), you have the dragon incorporated superbly into the shirt - not overbearing but subtle enough to be seen clearly (again VT etc) any chance of possibly putting the bluebird logo on the shirt sleeves in the same way as the dragon was done to appease fans?

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (apologies if it has but I have my daughter asleep on me so its pretty difficult to surf through all the comments!)

Just would love to see what that design could look like on the shirt sleeves.

Then just the shorts, socks & badge to address - and we are good to go!!

P.s. if these shirts (the away shirt inclusive) does get given the the go ahead - I hope Cardiff City FC sort you out royally for the effort you put in. Yes to some it may "only be photoshop" but you Sir went ahead and took the bull by the horns as it were, and thus should be suitably compensated because of that!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: