Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VT & Tg - Important

Fri May 11, 2012 4:34 pm

I am a proud Bluebird and would hope that we continue to play in Blue however I am also of the opinion that there is no point in having a history if you do not have a future and in that respect, albeit difficult, I was prepared to encompass change.

Going forward I think it is important to make VT and Tg feel wanted. I think it is important that they feel that we want them because they love our club and not because we love their money.

I think it is also worth noting that, of all the clubs in Europe, they chose us and I personally don't feel comfortable with the knowledge of the grief that they and their families have been through.

VT and Tg are honourable people. Anyone who has ever spoken with Tg will realise that. Perhaps it's now time that we acted a little more honorable towards them.

Re: VT & Tg - Important

Fri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I am a proud Bluebird and would hope that we continue to play in Blue however I am also of the opinion that there is no point in having a history if you do not have a future and in that respect, albeit difficult, I was prepared to encompass change.

Going forward I think it is important to make VT and Tg feel wanted. I think it is important that they feel that we want them because they love our club and not because we love their money.

I think it is also worth noting that, of all the clubs in Europe, they chose us and I personally don't feel comfortable with the knowledge of the grief that they and their families have been through.

VT and Tg are honourable people. Anyone who has ever spoken with Tg will realise that. Perhaps it's now time that we acted a little more honorable towards them.

One look at this board in last 72hrs would convince them it's about the money!

Fri May 11, 2012 4:59 pm

I agree and I am not denying I would like the investment to continue.

I think back to when I was 4 years old (a long time ago) when my Dad and Uncle took me down to the City. I used to sit on the back wall of the Bob Bank. Dad died in 1980 but Steve (and Gill) continued to take us to matches. I now sit with the other photographers at the ground however, in the future, I would like to take my children to Cardiff games and I would like them to witness Premiership and European football.

As a starting point I think we need to understand that every single supporter and every single owner supports Cardiff for a different reason and every one of those reasons is valid. I am proud that we have owners that think "Outside of the Box" because in 38 years of following the City we have gone from one crisis to another.

Yes we want the investment but, equally important, let them know that we want them because we recognise that they are fellow supporters.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:16 pm

the vast majority feel that the racist abuse , threats and the suggestion of flag burning was disgusting, but that should be allowed to distract from the fans legitamite fight against the proposed changes which was a just one, the history and idendity of ccfc is worth fighting for in my opinion and is nothing to be ashamed of if done in a respectful way