Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An outsiders view

Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey cardiff fans,

Sorry about your playoff experience this time round. I watched both legs and the 1st West Ham goals came at key times in both matches. Ultimately I think West Ham were the better team in both games. Cardiff looked very tired all round, possibly a consequence of the some of the squad playing too many games.

Right back when Malky joined you i said i thought he would do a good job for you but that i dont think he would get you promoted in your first season. I think though with some solid strengthening over the summer you have the basis of a good squad next year and could realistically challenge at the top again.

Which brings me onto this current 'mess' for lack of a better word. The way I as an outsider see it:

Chairman offers to pay off clubs debt for equity and pump a significant amount of cash into the cash. However Cardiff have to change their kit colour and their badge, and drop the nickname 'The Bluebirds.' Personally I would have taken the cash, you still have your name and your stadium, you would still be cardiff city football club. Watford never used to play in yellow kits, and our badge used to have a hornet on the front, now we have a 'hart' (moose). It did not change our club too much. I would be disappointed to see the yellow kit go, but at the end of the day we would always be watford.

One thing that did confuse me from a financial point of view is if the chairman had pumped all this money into the accounts, with the new FFFP rules what kind of fine would have been accumulated at the end of the season? A rather large one I would have thought.

All the best,

hornet_fan

Re: An outsiders view

Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Hey cardiff fans,

Sorry about your playoff experience this time round. I watched both legs and the 1st West Ham goals came at key times in both matches. Ultimately I think West Ham were the better team in both games. Cardiff looked very tired all round, possibly a consequence of the some of the squad playing too many games.

Right back when Malky joined you i said i thought he would do a good job for you but that i dont think he would get you promoted in your first season. I think though with some solid strengthening over the summer you have the basis of a good squad next year and could realistically challenge at the top again.

Which brings me onto this current 'mess' for lack of a better word. The way I as an outsider see it:

Chairman offers to pay off clubs debt for equity and pump a significant amount of cash into the cash. However Cardiff have to change their kit colour and their badge, and drop the nickname 'The Bluebirds.' Personally I would have taken the cash, you still have your name and your stadium, you would still be cardiff city football club. Watford never used to play in yellow kits, and our badge used to have a hornet on the front, now we have a 'hart' (moose). It did not change our club too much. I would be disappointed to see the yellow kit go, but at the end of the day we would always be watford.

One thing that did confuse me from a financial point of view is if the chairman had pumped all this money into the accounts, with the new FFFP rules what kind of fine would have been accumulated at the end of the season? A rather large one I would have thought.

All the best,

hornet_fan

Spot on in my opinion.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

hornet_fan wrote:Hey cardiff fans,

All the best,

hornet_fan

Thanks Hornet fan, glad to see a neutral can see the logic in this situation. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

penalties on the ffp are not applicable until the 2013-14 season

Fri May 11, 2012 4:24 pm

ccfclover wrote:penalties on the ffp are not applicable until the 2013-14 season

Hence the reason for the Malaysians to move quickly to get the investment in and clear the debts. So much for that idea now eh? some fans have not only well and truly shot us in the foot they have blown our legs off from under us - shame on them all :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Last season QPR had a £25mill over spend and would have been fined just over £3mill according to BBC website.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:30 pm

This is exactly how I feel.

I knew you were a sensible poster (except for when discussing obvious brutalities in the Watfored team ;) :P)

Fri May 11, 2012 6:12 pm

hi hornet fan

glad your still on here, Thought a few comments aimed at you after we drew last time out went a bit too far to be honest,probably fans a bit touchy after throwing away 3 points in the manner we did
I felt watford would go down,so fair play to sean dyche and the players for their efforts

everyone seems to have different views on the name change and kit issue,id personally would find it very hard to sit in cardiff city stadium watching the players wearing red and being called the dragons but would be very happy to compromise and have a lot of respect for our malaysian owners
A small minority went too far as usual and im just hoping the team,owners,players and fans are united again

all the best for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 6:18 pm

hornet_fan wrote:One thing that did confuse me from a financial point of view is if the chairman had pumped all this money into the accounts, with the new FFFP rules what kind of fine would have been accumulated at the end of the season? A rather large one I would have thought.

All the best,

hornet_fan

None if converted into equity. After all, if that fell foul of the rules no-one would ever be able to takeover a club.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

ahh so is it only money invested in the club then in the form of transfer fees?

hehe yes i was always going to come back. i just thought i would let you see your season out without the pestering of a foreigner haha.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Good post, nice to see you back! :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm

hornet_fan wrote:ahh so is it only money invested in the club then in the form of transfer fees?

Money will always be able to go into the club in the way of equity or shares....just not loans or debts. How that money is used is up to the club :]

Good opening post