Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Chris Pike,

Am I not allowed my own honest opinions ?
I never called them names or told them to go etc etc.

yes you are Annis , but i seem to remember you telling everyone to get behind TG & VT when they first arrived , then you turn around and say you don't and never have trusted them . i don't understand how you can say that ? :roll:

I will always welcome new owners/managers etc

I still caught figure out how 2 yrs running we never spent in January ? but this argument is for another day.

why would you tell people to get behind someone if you didn't trust them ?
that baffles me !!

Because in the best interests of our club at this current moment they are our best option and if be honest only option and after the meeting yesterday, we are allowed to change our minds for the best for our club at this current moment ? Your so perfect ? But I still would rather a Blue kit etc, but life is not always about what we personally want.

Funny this because all the way back in 2010 you were asking me similar questions

Re: Spoke to TG today
by CHRIS PIKE » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

interesting comments by Annis about TG ... do you have your doubts about him Annis ?????

Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

Just stop all this in fighting.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As you pointed out when we met earlier in the season, I often take a point of view opposite to yours, but you quite clearly said that you respected my point of view, even if you didn't agree with me. There are some people on this board who aren't that understanding.

From my point of view, although a lifelong supporter for the 53+ years of my life, I was prepared to accept the colour change in exchange for the investment. However, like most people with that point of view, I would RATHER have and the investment AND keep the Bluebirds blue. Lets all pull together now to work towards this latter goal.

I am concerned about the level of racism shown on this board, and not just towards our Malaysian owners either. There is nothing wrong with a frank discussion about immigration and other emotive issues, but straightforward abuse directed at any ethnic group should not be tolerated. I am prepared to accept Bluebird fans of any creed or colour, and I'm sure most reasonable people on this board are of the same opinion. Perhaps the moderators could work out some policy on this.

Now, lets relax, make our Malaysian owners feel WELCOME and persuade them to part with some of their hard-earned cash to get us to the Premier League! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

yes you are Annis , but i seem to remember you telling everyone to get behind TG & VT when they first arrived , then you turn around and say you don't and never have trusted them . i don't understand how you can say that ? :roll:

I will always welcome new owners/managers etc

I still caught figure out how 2 yrs running we never spent in January ? but this argument is for another day.

why would you tell people to get behind someone if you didn't trust them ?
that baffles me !!

Because in the best interests of our club at this current moment they are our best option and if be honest only option and after the meeting yesterday, we are allowed to change our minds for the best for our club at this current moment ? Your so perfect ? But I still would rather a Blue kit etc, but life is not always about what we personally want.

Funny this because all the way back in 2010 you were asking me similar questions

Re: Spoke to TG today
by CHRIS PIKE » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

interesting comments by Annis about TG ... do you have your doubts about him Annis ?????

i also quoted in 2010 , that we all owe TG & VT a great deal of gratitude but that post was deleted yesterday ?

Fri May 11, 2012 7:24 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As you pointed out when we met earlier in the season, I often take a point of view opposite to yours, but you quite clearly said that you respected my point of view, even if you didn't agree with me. There are some people on this board who aren't that understanding.

From my point of view, although a lifelong supporter for the 53+ years of my life, I was prepared to accept the colour change in exchange for the investment. However, like most people with that point of view, I would RATHER have and the investment AND keep the Bluebirds blue. Lets all pull together now to work towards this latter goal.

I am concerned about the level of racism shown on this board, and not just towards our Malaysian owners either. There is nothing wrong with a frank discussion about immigration and other emotive issues, but straightforward abuse directed at any ethnic group should not be tolerated. I am prepared to accept Bluebird fans of any creed or colour, and I'm sure most reasonable people on this board are of the same opinion. Perhaps the moderators could work out some policy on this.

Now, lets relax, make our Malaysian owners feel WELCOME and persuade them to part with some of their hard-earned cash to get us to the Premier League! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I have got a lot of Respect for you and your posts. We will be 100% on top of any future Racism on this forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:24 pm

smilebit wrote:I don't get why people are so set against us playing in RED ? The emblem one can understand , but the Colour . And fans needs to wake up this investment is really dependant on us going RED to grow our base in the Asia , if we don't go red we don't get the millions because the Asia market isn't there for us

I don't see why we don't give it a go and if in a few years time it all goes tits up , well then Malaysians will sell we' go into free fall and go into admin and the Bluebirds by buy their Club and we can go back to Blue . Lets face it that what's going to happen when the Malaysians pull out anyway and if they did today I don't blame them at all . I rather go RED and have a chance to see what the Club could do with ten's of millions spent on Players , rather that stay Blue see us go into Admin and back down the lower leagues .

The fans have just insulted a man who's spent some 40 Million of his own wealth on the Club, Nice one guys , nice one

i think your missing the point smilebit, there are some fans who yearn for the days when we played in the lower divisions with 4000 crowds because then there was a better atmosphere and they can stand next to the away supporters shouting god knows what instead of actually looking at the football.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so this might already have been said. But i agree with you. I am against the kit change, but not at the expense of the future, I also feel it wuld proabbly be an experiment and we could always go back to blue.

having said that, any abuse would have been from a small and very stupid minority MANY OF WHOM MAY NOT ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN FANS OF CCFC BUT JUST TROUBLEMAKERS FROM ELSEWHERE , and that the vast vast majority of us are just normal fans who love our club.

I think it was badly handled/leaked , but the end result is we respect the guys who have saved our club and want ot make it flourish, but just want to feel we are part of the future and the important decisions made. 5 million Malaysians in city shorts great, but no-one at the ground won't make good TV.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Chris Pike

Fri May 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so this might already have been said. But i agree with you. I am against the kit change, but not at the expense of the future, I also feel it wuld proabbly be an experiment and we could always go back to blue.

having said that, any abuse would have been from a small and very stupid minority MANY OF WHOM MAY NOT ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN FANS OF CCFC BUT JUST TROUBLEMAKERS FROM ELSEWHERE , and that the vast vast majority of us are just normal fans who love our club.

I think it was badly handled/leaked , but the end result is we respect the guys who have saved our club and want ot make it flourish, but just want to feel we are part of the future and the important decisions made. 5 million Malaysians in city shorts great, but no-one at the ground won't make good TV.

Tim,
Yes there could well be truth in that.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion.

Tim,
Yes there could well be truth in that.

By the way Annis. Thanks for the call.

originally I really thought it was a joke, I've had a few key staff off work this work and we are really busy - I injured my back palying footy so its been a tough week.

Now its had tiem to sink in I'm not sure I feel its that important. What matters most is that we as fans act with dignity and respect towards our investors and give them a chance, at least to hear their take on it.

I'm more concerned about our club's future than past.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Chris Pike

Annis im not perfect by a long way ! but when this news first broke i stayed silent and waited for official news on this story , i want us to play in blue just like you , but wether you like it or not , you are a person who a lot of fans look up too on here . so you shouldn't have reacted with saying things like you have never trusted the Malaysians . if i was TG or VT i wouldn't get into any Dialogue with you at all , and that's not good for an influential person like you . the Malaysians are not blameless here either , it could have been handled better all round .

Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Annis im not perfect by a long way ! but when this news first broke i stayed silent and waited for official news on this story , i want us to play in blue just like you , but wether you like it or not , you are a person who a lot of fans look up too on here . so you shouldn't have reacted with saying things like you have never trusted the Malaysians . if i was TG or VT i wouldn't get into any Dialogue with you at all , and that's not good for an influential person like you . the Malaysians are not blameless here either , it could have been handled better all round .

Fair enough you do have a point. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Just like you i just want the best for our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
i just hope all involved will move on and learn from it :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:22 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Just like you i just want the best for our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
i just hope all involved will move on and learn from it :old:

We all do.

Many things get said on the spur of the moment. But at the end of the day we need to move on.

We are all on the same side.

VT could make money from this club, but he can also see some amazing things - a passion which is hard to find away from football and a loyalty that over-rides much of what would seem logical.

:ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Lawnmower wrote: - I injured my back palying footy

Oh Lord not one of your famous over the top goal celebration was it? ;)

Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Annis im not perfect by a long way ! but when this news first broke i stayed silent and waited for official news on this story , i want us to play in blue just like you , but wether you like it or not , you are a person who a lot of fans look up too on here . so you shouldn't have reacted with saying things like you have never trusted the Malaysians . if i was TG or VT i wouldn't get into any Dialogue with you at all , and that's not good for an influential person like you . the Malaysians are not blameless here either , it could have been handled better all round .

That's your opinion CP and your entitled to it, my opinion is we could all do things better if we had crystal ball....

Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Lawnmower wrote: - I injured my back palying footy

Oh Lord not one of your famous over the top goal celebration was it? ;)

if only :lol:

Age catching up I'm afraid. :(

Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
droopy wrote:So is our home kit going to be Red or Blue next season?

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

What's your opinion of the Malaysians......do you trust them? I hope after all this and the generous way that they have responded to threats and insults you can give a public demonstration of trust and faith in these very honourable people. As the leader of this forum it would probably carry a lot of weight and would go some way towards mending some bridges.:ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 8:55 pm

moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

What's your opinion of the Malaysians......do you trust them? I hope after all this and the generous way that they have responded to threats and insults you can give a public demonstration of trust and faith in these very honourable people. As the leader of this forum it would probably carry a lot of weight and would go some way towards mending some bridges.:ayatollah:

If I am honest, I have certainly changed towards them big time and realise we need them big time. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Annis…..conflict was always inevitable with the original re-branding announcement but now we have all settled down lets take a deep breath, compromise and move on. We have all learned a lot about ourselves this week and we will be a better football club for it.

I'm still feeling very positive about this great messageboard and Cardiff City's future!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 pm

But not a good move as a recognised and well known fans leader to publicly declare that you don't trust them. That statement would have helped to stir up a lot of distrust and lack of respect for the Malaysians among the many fans who follow you and are influenced by your views. A public show of faith in VT and TG may go a long way. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If I am honest, I have certainly changed towards them big time and realise we need them big time. :ayatollah:

That's very good to hear. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Because he lets his emotions runaway with themselves and his opinions blow with the wind.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 pm

shadwellblue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Because he lets his emotions runaway with themselves and his opinions blow with the wind.

You will find I have very rarely changed my opinions, I stand my ground.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

To be fair that's true.

It seems like after every update you say "I was wrong about this"

but then when it comes to the next day you say "I always thought that was the case!" :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Annis, the last few days i felt i have been banging my head against the wall and at times i have ended up saying things i later regretted.

I'll be honest you were given some tough questions in this thread and i truly thought that you would dodge all these questions but you have gone up in my estimation the way you have answered these posts mate.

This was the stand out post in this thread and completely sums up what i believe every "pro-red" fans stance from day one

"But I still would rather a Blue kit etc, but life is not always about what we personally want."

Fair play for answering the questions head on

Fri May 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Your a character all right, but you are blinded by the limelight I'm afraid and crave attention. I still chuckle at your 'I love PR, I hate PR' escapades. None of us are perfect but we should at least admit to our weaknesses. You got this one massively wrong and should be writing to VT and TG apologising for your part in all this in my humble opinion. There are still posters posting on this MB who should have been banned by now for some of the worst excesses but they are part of your loyal following so remain.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion.

Yes I have got a lot of Respect for you and your posts. We will be 100% on top of any future Racism on this forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Love the MB but hate the racism on it sometimes - if you're serious about getting on top of the racism in future something good will have come out of all this :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 pm

A rare visit from me Annis, I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye, so you may not welcome my comments, but I just wanted to say that I admire your stance in this thread and indeed Carl's elsewhere.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, a lot of people follow your lead, as such you have a great responsibility. In this instance I firmly believe you are to be applauded for the way you are acting for the best interests of the club. Like you, as much as I have spent over 40years following the team in Blue, Cardiff City FC is more important to me than the colour of the shirt.

I sincerely hope the damage can be reversed. I have also been critical of the updates (I think we can all see now how leaks can be damaging - although I must stress this was NOT Carl's doing) and also the "Sam issue". I sincerely hope that once the dust has settled, outstanding creditors have been settled and our ownership and future direction is settled, lessons will be learne and ALL fans will be what they should be - UNITED (Well City, but you know what I mean!)

Fri May 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I fear the damage has already been done and what could've/should've been great news for all of us will now not be.
Having passion for our club is fine but irresponsible posts and comments not to mention insults and threats do nothing to endear us to our owners, I just can't believe how people can be so irresponsible in their actions as to put this great offer of investment in jeoperdy. This offer of somewhere in the region of £100,000,000 was fantastic news, who cares if VT was going to make a killing in the far east on the back of it? we could've recruited some excellent players who with a little luck could've got us to the Prem.
I think promotion will be just a pipedream now and we will all be grateful to just have a club to support once the dust settles, I just hope the people who caused the anti-Malaysian uproar did really used to enjoy their visits to Torquay etc as it shouldn't be long before they can relive those glorious days once again.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Tailgunner wrote:Haven`t read any of the threats don`t use facebook much,
how many people are we talking about ?
we have 25,000 fans - and a tiny tiny tiny minority ruin it :shock:
insults to their family bloody hell no wonder the deal was off :o can`t blame them if they did walk.
but if they stay wow big men, taking it on the chin and still coming back total respect
we shall see, fingers are crossed.

dont do facebook twitter etc i`m 51 for gods sake so dont know exactly what was said-well said tailgunner,surely these people number no more than perhaps a dozen or so?i hope the malaysians are big men as you say and not be swayed by a tiny minority of idiots.