Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm

FogDonkey wrote:This could be slapped down due to the lack of posts my account have however I have been a fan of Cardiff since my childhood. I did sign up with this forum last summer but after the amount of negativity on the board following games or on subjects has put me off from joining in with the threads.

I have been upset with the actions this week for a number of reasons and feel I have to make this post to now air my views.

Forever Blue wrote:What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Using Facebook and Twitter as an scapegoat of the actions carried out of the forums is incorrect. The method the messages were sent be it FB/Twitter/Email does not mean the actions carried out on the forums over this period were correct. The amount of hate and racism on this forum and others has only given fuel to people who therefore took the next step to post on FB/Twitter.

Forever Blue wrote:Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

This meeting which was held on Tuesday night and the feedback given to the fans was not planned out. It was a quickly posted without the club even being able to address the fans directly without knowing the full plans. I can fully understand why the owners are upset with the leak but holding this meeting and the outcomes was poor. If anything people who went to the meeting should of signed an NDA until the club was ready to address the issues. An error both on the trust/fans and the management based at CCS.

Cardiff Trust/select fans....really need to get more professional with the way information is given. Seems to be a constant fight to get leaks out of the club so that a bunch of fans know some more information than the rest of the supports. This I do agree could be an issue with CCFC with the method the media is handled and more statements from the club should be prepared and shared.

A lot of lessons should be taken from this week and addressed.

Final point, a lot of upset fans were and still are posting on the boards about the loss of the possible investment. The group of fans have also setup an online petition and have asked for it to be made sticky to allow a method for those fans to show there support for the owners/investment. Now I know this goes against Annis views of the changes but the Trust and select fans have to allow both sides to get an equal say on an fair playing field even if you don't agree with the points personally. Not pinning this thread up as the stopping the change was is unfair
and clearly shows the trust/selected fans are not open to all the view points on the subject.

The actions carried out by fans shows were not ready for the big stage events sadly.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
droopy wrote:So is our home kit going to be Red or Blue next season?

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

The main issue as far as I am concerned is that our nickname remains The Bluebirds and the Bluebird remains on the badge. I would prefer to play in blue butk don't have a problem with changing to red if the Bluebird is on the badge and we remain the Bluebirds. We only play in Blue for half the games anyway. The only difference would be that we would wear blue away from home instead of at home. In some ways I think that is great. It shows who we are wherever we go. We only play in blue 50% of the time and have had some god awful colours for our away kits over the years. We have even played in white this season. The colour of our rivals. I find playing in our rivals colour far harder to stomach than the thought of playing half of our games in red. We need the Malaysians full backing and football being what it is now we have to move with the times. I just hope that the talks go well and that people like Carl, Big Gwyn,Vince and your good self can get to talk to people like Alan Whitely and Julian Jenkins (and ideally TG) next week to try and smooth things over. As for the racist abuses unfortunately we have a lot of idiots amongst our fans. Perhaps some of them never or hardly ever set foot in the CCS. You certainly wouldn't see their arses for dust we we return to the lower divisions. I hope they all get what they deserve and I hope the message is well and truly given to TG how disgusted we all are with these vile idiots.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Yer well it just go to show what kind of Ass Holes some of our fans are.

Fri May 11, 2012 3:04 pm

It's been obvious to me what will happen all along as I've said.

Change of colour badge leaked. People outraged.

Hint of owners leaving club..people now will do anything to keep the club

"compromise" kit changed as they originally planned

Everyone swooning over the owners for saving us we are really sorry etc

Fri May 11, 2012 3:12 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:It's been obvious to me what will happen all along as I've said.

Why does everything with people like you have to have a conspiracy theory. VT and TG are genuinely good people, excellent business men and VT has invested 40m to keep us alive. Why would he do anything other than what he believes is the best business ideas for our club to survive and progress.

Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 pm

surely messages 0n fb and twitter are traceable? im mean wh0 are these arseholes? name and shame them, get them nicked.
i farkin hate racists & the tend 2 be keyboard warriors...... :twisted:

Fri May 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:It's been obvious to me what will happen all along as I've said.

Why does everything with people like you have to have a conspiracy theory. VT and TG are genuinely good people, excellent business men and VT has invested 40m to keep us alive. Why would he do anything other than what he believes is the best business ideas for our club to survive and progress.

Not a conspiracy when it's panned out exactly as I've said

Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

well to be honest. ive change my tune. when all this came out it was? this is the way it is. and this is what we are doing, red shirt with a dragon, thats it. but now things have settled and it was never going to be as stated by the original poster? im more than happy to have a red home shirt with a city badge on it, but i was never given an option, i think the malaysians should start all over again and be up front, rather than tell the wrong people. and let them put it on the internet?

Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I don't want the politicians to have anything to do with the club. Fine if they want to have their say as fans but not to their own end. Cardiff City FC is not political. I got the impression that the Malaysians were as narked off with the interference of the Assembly members more than anythng.

Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:

Spot on and I just hope these so called Bluebirds will be happy when the Investment is pulled, the ground and the players sold off and if we're lucky playing in League 2 . We had a chance to see massive investment in the Club , to see a billionaire spent some of that on the Club and we turned our backs on it .
Premiership you're having a laugh , we best get used to playing the likes of Wrexham in front of 600,000 fans and not even Rick Wright would save us this time , still we be playing in Blue and that makes a world of difference :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 pm

One of the problems we have here is(I think I'm right) is the bring in of restrictions on investments next season, so this work needs to be started before they come into force, if they are already started then they are not subject to the restrictions, hence the plans already being drawn up by the architects sometime ago, the only people they need to discuss this with is other board members and because it was all part of a package, each part depending on the other. The problem arose when these plans were leaked it is the person with the information, if I were chairman. Would ensure this person never got a job of trust again.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:44 pm

So let me get this right Annis, they won't change our nickname, won't remove the bluebird but still want the kit red to make a financial killing in Malaysia and recoup vast amounts of their investment into the club!

There simply is no argument, they can make it the all white of Swansea if they wanted! If they still invest after that kind of compamise I do feel we have such a great chairman in VT and co.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 pm

[quote="Taff on the Mersey"]So let me get this right Annis, they won't change our nickname, won't remove the bluebird but still want the kit red to make a financial killing in Malaysia and recoup vast amounts of their investment into the club!

Correct. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Damned Yank wrote:I also noticed that the racists, especially the main one Nuclearblue who has, I should point out, apologized, are still not banned.

While I like nuclearblue's many postings generally, and he adds some interesting points to the debates, this does send out the wrong message to our Malaysian friends that we tolerate racist attacks.

I'm not saying ban them forever like some are, but we have to take at least some action.

I understand your anger and even your point DY but I am also someone who hates witch hunts. NuclearBlue made a right dick of himself and that signature about not being a Malaysian Wh***** was pathetic and embarrassing and apparently he posted a lot worse although I didn't see it.

However, he has apologised and put his hands up unreservedly. We could have done without that sympathy seeking thread he started about quitting the board but in the main he has taken his punishment and shown regret.

So we can't then say that's not good enough and want to punish him more because that is a witch hunt and IMO witch hunts are no better than the behaviour which got NB into trouble in the first place.

Therefore he has served his time and should be allowed to move on and express his passionate opinion properly in serious adult debate.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

Just stop all this in fighting.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i wonder what TG & VT thought about you saying 2 days ago that you don't and never have trusted the Malaysians Annis ???

That is a strong opinion (not a racist one) and one which Annis is pefectly entitled to. Personally I don't agree with him but I respect the fact that he can hold that view.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:I also noticed that the racists, especially the main one Nuclearblue who has, I should point out, apologized, are still not banned.

While I like nuclearblue's many postings generally, and he adds some interesting points to the debates, this does send out the wrong message to our Malaysian friends that we tolerate racist attacks.

I'm not saying ban them forever like some are, but we have to take at least some action.

I understand your anger and even your point DY but I am also someone who hates witch hunts. NuclearBlue made a right dick of himself and that signature about not being a Malaysian Wh***** was pathetic and embarrassing and apparently he posted a lot worse although I didn't see it.

However, he has apologised and put his hands up unreservedly. We could have done without that sympathy seeking thread he started about quitting the board but in the main he has taken his punishment and shown regret.

So we can't then say that's not good enough and want to punish him more because that is a witch hunt and IMO witch hunts are no better than the behaviour which got NB into trouble in the first place.

Therefore he has served his time and should be allowed to move on and express his passionate opinion properly in serious adult debate.

Tony, I'm with you for the most part. I don't like witch hunts either and nuclear does indeed deserve credit for his full and frank apology here on these boards.

But in all fairness to the Malaysians I think the punishments have to me meated out consistently across the board, to all the racists. Otherwise it's just all talk and they will think we're doing nothing/that we tolerate the racists attacks on their good names.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Tony, I'm with you for the most part. I don't like witch hunts either and nuclear does indeed deserve credit for his full and frank apology here on these boards.

But in all fairness to the Malaysians I think the punishments have to me meated out consistently across the board, to all the racists. Otherwise it's just all talk and they will think we're doing nothing/that we tolerate the racists attacks on their good names.

It is hard to argue with your point DY but I'm just not comfortable with chasing those who have shown regret.

That said I totally agree with your point about the disgusting attacks on the good names of TG and VT as there was simply no need to do that.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

whats wrong with a blue home kit and a red away kit, with the options to switch should a city game be shown live in malay
and the dragon they want on the shirt to be in the pattern like a shadow.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

It is hard to argue with your point DY but I'm just not comfortable with chasing those who have shown regret.

That said I totally agree with your point about the disgusting attacks on the good names of TG and VT as there was simply no need to do that.

Yes, it's difficult not to have some sympathy for those who have shown sincere regret for their racism. If they all apologized as nuclearblue has done and showed remorse for their assaults on the good names and trustworthiness of TG and Vince Tan, that would certainly be a welcome gesture.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:42 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

whats wrong with a blue home kit and a red away kit, with the options to switch should a city game be shown live in malay
and the dragon they want on the shirt to be in the pattern like a shadow.

I'm sure there was a Welsh shirt a few years ago which had a dragon pattern on it and it looked cool as hell, I'm sure that kind of design would be a massive hit out East.

It looks as though the Red shirt will come in and we will play in Blue for away games. Thanks to CastleBlue yesterday we learnt that Football League rules allow for the use of the away kit at a home game once a season.

That 'Blue Game' could become a marketing gem and something we can look to forward to every year.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i wonder what TG & VT thought about you saying 2 days ago that you don't and never have trusted the Malaysians Annis ???

That is a strong opinion (not a racist one) and one which Annis is pefectly entitled to. Personally I don't agree with him but I respect the fact that he can hold that view.

Where did i say Annis was Racist ?

Fri May 11, 2012 6:49 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Where did i say Annis was Racist ?

You didn't I was just empathising that not trusting a Malaysian is not a racist comment. That apart I still think Annis is perfectly entitled to that opinion even though I totally disagree with it.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Chris Pike,

Am I not allowed my own honest opinions ?
I never called them names or told them to go etc etc.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:So let me get this right Annis, they won't change our nickname, won't remove the bluebird but still want the kit red to make a financial killing in Malaysia and recoup vast amounts of their investment into the club!

Correct. :ayatollah:

Best news for a couple of days!! :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Who cares what colour our kit if this guy is going to put in £100 million let him do what he wants then when he goes which he will in the end then we can revert to our old badge and colours.if they can take us to the prem with a red kit and a dragon on our badge let them at the end of the day were still Cardiff city FCC and will always be regardless of colours.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Chris Pike,

yes you are Annis , but i seem to remember you telling everyone to get behind TG & VT when they first arrived , then you turn around and say you don't and never have trusted them . i don't understand how you can say that ? :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

yes you are Annis , but i seem to remember you telling everyone to get behind TG & VT when they first arrived , then you turn around and say you don't and never have trusted them . i don't understand how you can say that ? :roll:

I will always welcome new owners/managers etc

I still caught figure out how 2 yrs running we never spent in January ? but this argument is for another day.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

I still caught figure out how 2 yrs running we never spent in January ? but this argument is for another day.

I know that is for another day Annis, but I find very obvious that things can move on now that Langstone is sorted. (or was?)

Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

why would you tell people to get behind someone if you didn't trust them ?
that baffles me !!

Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 pm

EL JEFE wrote:One of the problems we have here is(I think I'm right) is the bring in of restrictions on investments next season, so this work needs to be started before they come into force, if they are already started then they are not subject to the restrictions, hence the plans already being drawn up by the architects sometime ago, the only people they need to discuss this with is other board members and because it was all part of a package, each part depending on the other. The problem arose when these plans were leaked it is the person with the information, if I were chairman. Would ensure this person never got a job of trust again.

Why do people hark on about FFP? there are ways and means. If the plan is via equity - ie converting existing loans to equity, releasing new shares to be purchased, there's zero problem.

If there was, nobody would ever be able to purchase a club...

Tan paying for training facilities, us paying peppercorn rent for it. Doesn't break FFP.