Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:

Yes they are and in fact Alan Whitley said they thought more fans would of been against it than there were, it was the vile threats that hurt them.[/quote]

That's quite positive. Shows that they were aware that what they were doing was a bit extreme and expected the fans to be taken aback. That says to me that they were always willing to compromise and that the really was a Plan B with regard Badge and Kit. Hope your right about them staying on board though![/quote]

On Wednesday we were told def no compromise, but that changed. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Damned Yank wrote:I read in the Echo today that no money can be spent until further notice, possibly until next week's board meeting.

Correct, until after Monday.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Any form of racism should not be tolerated whether on this board or in society .It shows a total lack of education .

Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:I read in the Echo today that no money can be spent until further notice, possibly until next week's board meeting.

Annis, Surely , that is a massive negative then ! Dont want to be a doomsday person, but that really worries me!!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Also dress in red , to show we are open to change . Sometimes change is good

Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans

Hopefully this will calm everyone down :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:31 pm

undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, Surely , that is a massive negative then ! Dont want to be a doomsday person, but that really worries me!!

Not really because I am told they want to see how our fans are over the weekend etc towards them, be passionate about our club but not vile. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now you'r talking, now we have sensible debate those for and those against are talking to each other not abusing each other,Why couldn't it be like this the other day and nobody would have been upset.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

Just stop all this in fighting.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm glad they are sticking around, I weren't happy at all but didn't Facebook or twitter them and weren't racist,
I'm just glad they have seen sense as it ment a lot to a lot of us keeping the colour and bluebirds :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Cheers for the phone call earlier annis, answered alot of my concerns :ayatollah:

Sounds positive that TG and VT are willing to accept some changes!

We need to make sure that TG gets a fantasic reception on monday/tuesday

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

This could be slapped down due to the lack of posts my account have however I have been a fan of Cardiff since my childhood. I did sign up with this forum last summer but after the amount of negativity on the board following games or on subjects has put me off from joining in with the threads.

I have been upset with the actions this week for a number of reasons and feel I have to make this post to now air my views.

Forever Blue wrote:What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Using Facebook and Twitter as an scapegoat of the actions carried out of the forums is incorrect. The method the messages were sent be it FB/Twitter/Email does not mean the actions carried out on the forums over this period were correct. The amount of hate and racism on this forum and others has only given fuel to people who therefore took the next step to post on FB/Twitter.

Forever Blue wrote:Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

This meeting which was held on Tuesday night and the feedback given to the fans was not planned out. It was a quickly posted without the club even being able to address the fans directly without knowing the full plans. I can fully understand why the owners are upset with the leak but holding this meeting and the outcomes was poor. If anything people who went to the meeting should of signed an NDA until the club was ready to address the issues. An error both on the trust/fans and the management based at CCS.

Cardiff Trust/select fans....really need to get more professional with the way information is given. Seems to be a constant fight to get leaks out of the club so that a bunch of fans know some more information than the rest of the supports. This I do agree could be an issue with CCFC with the method the media is handled and more statements from the club should be prepared and shared.

A lot of lessons should be taken from this week and addressed.

Final point, a lot of upset fans were and still are posting on the boards about the loss of the possible investment. The group of fans have also setup an online petition and have asked for it to be made sticky to allow a method for those fans to show there support for the owners/investment. Now I know this goes against Annis views of the changes but the Trust and select fans have to allow both sides to get an equal say on an fair playing field even if you don't agree with the points personally. Not pinning this thread up as the stopping the change was is unfair and clearly shows the trust/selected fans are not open to all the view points on the subject.

The actions carried out by fans shows were not ready for the big stage events sadly.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

glammy74 wrote:Cheers for the phone call earlier annis, answered alot of my concerns :ayatollah:

Sounds positive that TG and VT are willing to accept some changes!

We need to make sure that TG gets a fantasic reception on monday/tuesday

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your welcome Liam. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Annis do you reckon it would be a good idea to turn up monday for when dt gets here chanting his name and showing support to the malaysians?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i wonder what TG & VT thought about you saying 2 days ago that you don't and never have trusted the Malaysians Annis ???

Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 pm

i hope we havent lost the 100 million because a lot of fans have got a lot to answer for all the fans jumped the gun should never have called a meeting for saturday should have waited

Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 pm

smilebit wrote:I don't get why people are so set against us playing in RED ? The emblem one can understand , but the Colour . And fans needs to wake up this investment is really dependant on us going RED to grow our base in the Asia , if we don't go red we don't get the millions because the Asia market isn't there for us

I don't see why we don't give it a go and if in a few years time it all goes tits up , well then Malaysians will sell we' go into free fall and go into admin and the Bluebirds by buy their Club and we can go back to Blue . Lets face it that what's going to happen when the Malaysians pull out anyway and if they did today I don't blame them at all . I rather go RED and have a chance to see what the Club could do with ten's of millions spent on Players , rather that stay Blue see us go into Admin and back down the lower leagues .

The fans have just insulted a man who's spent some 40 Million of his own wealth on the Club, Nice one guys , nice one

The problem with what you are saying is that you would have to have at least half a brain to understand what you have said, unfortunately over the last couple of days some of the knuckleheads on here don,t measure up to that!!! Good post!!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

A criminal investigation has begun regarding all the threats and racial slurs that took place via social networks I'm being told and that 1 or 2 individuals could face custodial sentences because of their actions. Very foolish people!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

i wonder what TG & VT thought about you saying 2 days ago that you don't and never have trusted the Malaysians Annis ???

Very pertinent point and like I said last night I think an apology from our so called fans leaders would not go amiss and neither would it go unnoticed in Malaysia. I think an apology stickied would be appropriate at this time, don't you think so Annis and Carl??? We all say things we regret in the heat of the moment and a few things said on this forum need to be corrected and/ or apologised for and anybody and I mean anybody deemed to have carried out racist comments in the past week should be banned forthwith and not suspended. There can be no room for racist bigots on this forum, if you allow that sort of thing to go unpunished this forum wont reign for too long. Sorry if that hurts but the truth does sometimes hurt and has to be said. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
droopy wrote:So is our home kit going to be Red or Blue next season?

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

As a compromise Annis that's all I ever thought we'd be able to get..!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Not really because I am told they want to see how our fans are over the weekend etc towards them, be passionate about our club but not vile. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's nice to see the forum a bit calmer, as you said be passionate about our club but for certain ones on this fourm that got away with murder and there were no repercussions for them. That cant be good for the forum :o

Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

For some reason had this feeling from reading posts about TG & VT. The feeling is we we can not upset them and at any minute were going to be stabbed in the back. The pair have never shown or done anything to give that impression. I do understand from history the owners have hurt us but at least these are business people not football people.....look at what the football people did. Sadly you cant go for a pint with them but this is the professional side of the sport.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Very pertinent point and like I said last night I think an apology from our so called fans leaders would not go amiss and neither would it go unnoticed in Malaysia. I think an apology stickied would be appropriate at this time, don't you think so Annis and Carl??? We all say things we regret in the heat of the moment and a few things said on this forum need to be corrected and/ or apologised for and anybody and I mean anybody deemed to have carried out racist comments in the past week should be banned forthwith and not suspended. There can be no room for racist bigots on this forum, if you allow that sort of thing to go unpunished this forum wont reign for too long. Sorry if that hurts but the truth does sometimes hurt and has to be said. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on , but in all fairness ive never heard Carl say he didn't trust the Malaysians...

Fri May 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Just hope the idiotic social media groups and comments have been removed.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:03 pm

If they continue to invest they are more honourable and better people than me. If it was the reverse and people said similar things about me and Wales i would have withdrawn all money and wanted my other investment back ASAP by any means necessary. I hope they are better than me and continue to invest tho.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:03 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Yes, a heartfelt apology is probably necessary for that unneccessary atttack on TG and Vincent Tan's good name.

After all, they have given us no reason not to trust them and have always acted int he best interest of the club and fans.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Spot on , but in all fairness ive never heard Carl say he didn't trust the Malaysians...

correct but as these so called "fans leaders", both Annis and Carl in my view had a duty to dampen down things until we heard the full story. The young fans of our club look up to them and they should know better. Time to reign in the egos and think whats best for the club. All this over reaction from some quarters transpired as a result of hearsay on this board and the other and from a leak made within the club. The Board were never allowed to make a statement before everyone was talking about petitions, marches and vile racism spouted all over the net. Its a very different matter organizing petitions against a parasite such as Ridsdale who reigned over a poorly ran club and led us to within a whisker of extinction than against our saviours who have put £40 million of their own money into our club to keep us afloat. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Haven`t read any of the threats don`t use facebook much,
how many people are we talking about ?
we have 25,000 fans - and a tiny tiny tiny minority ruin it :shock:
insults to their family bloody hell no wonder the deal was off :o can`t blame them if they did walk.
but if they stay wow big men, taking it on the chin and still coming back total respect
we shall see, fingers are crossed.
Last edited by Tailgunner on Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2blue2handle wrote:If they continue to invest they are more honourable and better people than me. If it was the reverse and people said similar things about me and Wales i would have withdrawn all money and wanted my other investment back ASAP by any means necessary. I hope they are better than me and continue to invest tho.

I think most on here would feel the same :ayatollah:

Damned Yank wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

Yes, a heartfelt apology is probably necessary for that unneccessary atttack on TG and Vincent Tan's good name.

After all, they have given us no reason not to trust them and have always acted int he best interest of the club and fans.

Over to you Annis :!:

Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 pm

I also noticed that the racists, especially the main one Nuclearblue who has, I should point out, apologized, are still not banned.

While I like nuclearblue's many postings generally, and he adds some interesting points to the debates, this does send out the wrong message to our Malaysian friends that we tolerate racist attacks.

I'm not saying ban them forever like some are, but we have to take at least some action.