Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 pm

neathbluebird wrote:
Tailgunner wrote:Haven`t read any of the threats don`t use facebook much,
how many people are we talking about ?
we have 25,000 fans - and a tiny tiny tiny minority ruin it :shock:
insults to their family bloody hell no wonder the deal was off :o can`t blame them if they did walk.
but if they stay wow big men, taking it on the chin and still coming back total respect
we shall see, fingers are crossed.

dont do facebook twitter etc i`m 51 for gods sake so dont know exactly what was said-well said tailgunner,surely these people number no more than perhaps a dozen or so?i hope the malaysians are big men as you say and not be swayed by a tiny minority of idiots.

Have heard that Facebook racial stuff is being investigated. Not sure how true that is but if true, recent abuse on Facebook has been dealt with big style by the law in recent months.

Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

Just read your posting Forever Blue.............perhaps you can clarify a few things for me if you will,you said you just want City to have a future,something i think we can all agree on,but if that future depended on us playing in red and had a dragon for our badge,what would your response be ??...also you said something to the affect that we had to respect other peoples point of view and not call them Judas,can i assume therefor that you firmly believe in that age old principle of...i don't agree with what some people say but i will defend their right to say it,in your opinion does that right extend to racists ??

Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Chris Pike,

Am I not allowed my own honest opinions ?
I never called them names or told them to go etc etc.

yes you are Annis , but i seem to remember you telling everyone to get behind TG & VT when they first arrived , then you turn around and say you don't and never have trusted them . i don't understand how you can say that ? :roll:

I seem to remember Blue saying these were the real deal and people we could trust, even to the put of not to boo at the games to put them off investing in the Club.

Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 am

angelis49 wrote:Just read your posting Forever Blue.............perhaps you can clarify a few things for me if you will,you said you just want City to have a future,something i think we can all agree on,but if that future depended on us playing in red and had a dragon for our badge,what would your response be ??...also you said something to the affect that we had to respect other peoples point of view and not call them Judas,can i assume therefor that you firmly believe in that age old principle of...i don't agree with what some people say but i will defend their right to say it,in your opinion does that right extend to racists ??

I want us to have a future, but I dont like the changes and I believe we should remain Blue/badge/Nickname etc .
I am glad they have compromised, but of course I would still like to remain what I have only known since 1972 when I first started. Racists comments should never be allowed in anything and I have repeated this on several occasions.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:I also noticed that the racists, especially the main one Nuclearblue who has, I should point out, apologized, are still not banned.

While I like nuclearblue's many postings generally, and he adds some interesting points to the debates, this does send out the wrong message to our Malaysian friends that we tolerate racist attacks.

I'm not saying ban them forever like some are, but we have to take at least some action.

I understand your anger and even your point DY but I am also someone who hates witch hunts. NuclearBlue made a right dick of himself and that signature about not being a Malaysian Wh***** was pathetic and embarrassing and apparently he posted a lot worse although I didn't see it.

However, he has apologised and put his hands up unreservedly. We could have done without that sympathy seeking thread he started about quitting the board but in the main he has taken his punishment and shown regret.

So we can't then say that's not good enough and want to punish him more because that is a witch hunt and IMO witch hunts are no better than the behaviour which got NB into trouble in the first place.

Therefore he has served his time and should be allowed to move on and express his passionate opinion properly in serious adult debate.

agree with every word.