Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 pm

After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

Just stop all this in fighting.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I HONESTLY BELIEVE "

Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm

So is our home kit going to be Red or Blue next season?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

I hope all the racist and abusive mongs are happy with themselves! Putting our clubs future in jeopardy. Idiots!

Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

To be honest i dont care what colour we play in now some of the fans have disgusted me by their actions i just want a united Cardiff City

Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 pm

droopy wrote:So is our home kit going to be Red or Blue next season?

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:54 pm

I wouldn't like us changing from blue to red but now they've taken our views on board and will keep the bluebird on the badge and keep our nickname, I can handle a change more easily.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't get why people are so set against us playing in RED ? The emblem one can understand , but the Colour . And fans needs to wake up this investment is really dependant on us going RED to grow our base in the Asia , if we don't go red we don't get the millions because the Asia market isn't there for us

I don't see why we don't give it a go and if in a few years time it all goes tits up , well then Malaysians will sell we' go into free fall and go into admin and the Bluebirds by buy their Club and we can go back to Blue . Lets face it that what's going to happen when the Malaysians pull out anyway and if they did today I don't blame them at all . I rather go RED and have a chance to see what the Club could do with ten's of millions spent on Players , rather that stay Blue see us go into Admin and back down the lower leagues .

The fans have just insulted a man who's spent some 40 Million of his own wealth on the Club, Nice one guys , nice one

Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

First of all the Malaysians do not want to see this name calling and our fans attacking each other.

They were not against our passion for wanting to keep our colour/badge/Bluebird etc, in fact thats what TG loves. What hurt them and I repeat was what was on Facebook and Twitter , the Racists comments, the vile attack on their families/children/the burning of their flags that hurt and I can totally understand their hurt.

Originally they intended to make a stance and it was their way or no way, but by Wednesday night they had decided to compromise after Alan Whitley told them of the meeting we had with them and our passion, but sadly by Thursday am it was reported in Malaysia the Vile things on FB/Twitter.

We all sat down yesterday at 4pm and were united in getting them back on board and thanking them for compromising.
I spoke a couple of hours ago and was told they are not leaving and want to still feel wanted by the Cardiff fans.
On Monday TG will talk to our Board members and out line what VT has planned now for next season.

I dont want a our colours gone and still feel that way, but thats my opinion and I will always be Blue and will continue to be Blue no matter what is decided.
But I wont call another fan Judas etc, everyone has their opinions, mine are strong, but I also want City to have a future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis are they aware that not everyone is against them ?? and a lot of the fans would be happy with the change?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After speaking to Allan Whitley, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins that its def not all over for our club and our fans.

The most important bit of your statment is for Cardiff City to have a future, we all want to stay BLUE but the future is what matters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Our Badge will def have a Bluebird on now(VT compromised) and our nickname will officially stay the Bluebirds. The colour of the kit will be decided next week.

Annis, with all due respect, there is no "compromise" because we are not seeing the £100 million investment. So there is no compromise because we have nothing to compromise on.

I look forward to hearing about the colour of the kit.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis , have they been shown some of the alternative kit designs with Blue and Red intertwined. some of them are superb,?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Annis are they aware that not everyone is against them ?? and a lot of the fans would be happy with the change?

Yes they are and in fact Alan Whitley said they thought more fans would of been against it than there were, it was the vile threats that hurt them.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

The Internet can be a vicious place.

There will always be a minority or ignorant people spoiling it for others.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:03 pm

i think the person who leakd the info knew the wording of statement would provoke a strong reaction from the fans,knowing how passionate we all are for our club,
however, it was totally O.T.T and some of the remarks about the Malaysians were well out of order
we have always been proud that within our club we have no racism, but unfortunately it did appear.
We need to show the Malaysians that we appreciate them and distance ourselves away from the minority who let us fans down by being so abusive

Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm

undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis , have they been shown some of the alternative kit designs with Blue and Red intertwined. some of them are superb,?

They are now still trying to incorporate our history, they had a change of heart after our meeting on Wednesday and compromised, I def believe they will continue with us and now work with our fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Yes they are and in fact Alan Whitley said they thought more fans would of been against it than there were, it was the vile threats that hurt them.

sorry mate even you might of read it wrong or im just being stupid cause its friday :lol: So alan whitley thought there were more fans for the change than there were against it ?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

We can only aplogise for the dick heads who went on facebook and twitter and abused them. Then again (in my opinion facebook and twitter are for dickheads anyway - why would any one care what I had for tea, where I went on holiday etc, only for people with big egos and who think they matter imo).

Keyboard warriors making threats they would not dare to do face to face with someone.

Perhaps the abusive ones were not even Cardiff fans? Could have been anyone (like jealous fans of other clubs - eg Jerks have a big BNP following allegedly).

Hard to say how I feel but what a wasted opportunity it could be.
I am strongly against the change from blue, but would never abuse someone who supported it.

Their plans and reasoning were sound business sense. The badge was not that bad (not a chinese dragon, but a Welsh one).

TG has always seemed a professional businessman and polite etc so why abuse him?
He knows about the passion we now feel for the club, but the split and animosity of fans to each other is disgraceful and looks bad on us as a club.

I think we should all go away, calm down, stay off the messageboards, internet, facebook and have a quiet weekend. Then on tuesday see what can be rescued from the whole sorry situation after the board meeting.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Annis are you saying the £100 million investment is still potentially on?
Sounds to me a far less positive package is coming on Monday.

Red kit with Bluebird badge can equal green light for the deal to happen?
Last edited by Philstantsrifle on Fri May 11, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Annis, Im also very confident that the Malaysians will stay on board and invest. Tempers will now cool and there is already a huge campaign underway to ensure that they know that the vast majority of fans appreciate what they have done so far for us.

However, I think the Malaysians and the board have to hold their hands up and admit that on such a sensitive issue it's been dealt with appallingly. If the message had been that this is one option we are looking at, based on extensive research, and when the time is right we will engage with all fan groups before making any decision, then this would never have got out of hand. Instead the message from the club was this is happening 100%, if you don't like it we will throw a hissy fit and leave and there is no guarantee that £100m will definitely be invested or that further major changes won't be announced in the next 12 months. Who can blame a large proportion of the fans who were not impressed with that?

If the Malaysians are that adamant about this re-brand I appeal to them to show us extensive market research behind their reasoning and that this is the only option for us to generate significant revenue in their homeland. We are asking for hard facts rather than promises and personal preferences!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:10 pm

[quote="Forever Blue" compromised, I def believe they will continue with us and now work with our fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I Bet you that doesn't happen and next year it will end in tears , Club in Admin, Players gone all investment a thing of the past I know for a fact you'll turn up for the games in the lower leagues Blue but most of these so called Bluebirds won't that for sure .

Fri May 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Give me a red kit with a Bluebird on it and 100m. Yes Please.

VT Is our Leader!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They are now still trying to incorporate our history, they had a change of heart after our meeting on Wednesday and compromised, I def believe they will continue with us and now work with our fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well if that Happens and we get the investment also , then our Future is very very Bright. I would love to send a letter to them , but dont have an email address , I can assure you it would be very professional and would thank themm for their commitment to our club.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I just cant get my head around the fact people were threatening his kids, i mean what the hell is that about? Those weren't Cardiff City supporters, they were troublemakers looking for a reason......

What i have noticed is like me, when we first heard it was a kick in the teeth........after we've chilled and thought it seems more than most are in the i dont want to change but if it helps the club.....kinda gang.

My heads still reeling and I hope VT/TG were as irrational as some of us lot when they hinted at looking for new investors.

We should never ever lose our passion for the club....we just need to learn how to channel it better.
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm

droopy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, with all due respect, there is no "compromise" because we are not seeing the £100 million investment. So there is no compromise because we have nothing to compromise on.

I look forward to hearing about the colour of the kit.

They were compromising and the investment was def coming until they heard about the Vile stuff, passion they accepted.
I am told that it is looking promising for Mondays meeting. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Kanester wrote:Give me a red kit with a Bluebird on it and 100m. Yes Please.

VT Is our Leader!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think so called fans forget that the Club is called 'Cardiff City' and not the 'Bluebirds' . That said why I happy medium of a red kit with a Dragon and a Bluebird on there couldn't be reached I don't know .

Buy Buy £100 Million , bye bye VT and hello admin and league 2 .

Fri May 11, 2012 1:16 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

sorry mate even you might of read it wrong or im just being stupid cause its friday :lol: So alan whitley thought there were more fans for the change than there were against it ?

:lol: :ayatollah:

Alan Whitley thought there would of been more against the change than there was.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:17 pm

[/quote]

Yes they are and in fact Alan Whitley said they thought more fans would of been against it than there were, it was the vile threats that hurt them.[/quote]

That's quite positive. Shows that they were aware that what they were doing was a bit extreme and expected the fans to be taken aback. That says to me that they were always willing to compromise and that the really was a Plan B with regard Badge and Kit. Hope your right about them staying on board though!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Annis, if they are willing to compromise and make the investment then ALL city fans would be absolutely delighted and I'm sure the Malaysians would be feted like heroes.

This is just an idea but does anyone know when the board meeting is on Monday? Could be a good idea to go down to the stadium and greet TG with Malaysian flags etc to show him we want to work together on this and that we appreciate what both him and Vincent Tan have done for us.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 pm

[/quote]

Yes they are and in fact Alan Whitley said they thought more fans would of been against it than there were, it was the vile threats that hurt them.[/quote]

That's quite positive. Shows that they were aware that what they were doing was a bit extreme and expected the fans to be taken aback. That says to me that they were always willing to compromise and that the really was a Plan B with regard Badge and Kit. Hope your right about them staying on board though!

Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I read in the Echo today that no money can be spent until further notice, possibly until next week's board meeting.