Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RE-BRAND RESEARCH?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 am

I'd love to know just how much professional research has been done on the potential commercial benefits of a re-brand or whether it's just Mr. Tan's personal belief. If there has been extensive research done into this matter, that shows beyond doubt that this could generate huge revenues for us, then I believe it would be prudent for the club to make their findings public. I for one am against the re-brand but I would be very interested to hear why they are so adamant that it is the only business plan available to take us forward.

Re: RE-BRAND RESEARCH?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 am

Agree

Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 pm

If they are serious, and we must take take their word they are it is about trust.

This is a business venture, but it is also an ego trip. You can't buy exposure and the buzz these two guys have had in the football world. They say Malaysians are football mad especially for the premier league and these two guys are close to it.

This is a crossroads for us, we must forget about all the previous owners and our relationships with them, and must embrace and implicitly trust their decisions and judgements. I think they need to believe we are with them.

This episode shows again how amateur our local administration is. The way the story leaked, the lack of a helmsman to guide and control the media and the message given by the club. For 48hrs it was like the wild west, the internet chat room became the only source of knowledge. Posters not connected to the club became fountains of knowledge and imposters stoked the fire.

I hope they don't leave but employ full time professional senior staff to run the day to day affairs.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If they are serious, and we must take take their word they are it is about trust.

This is a business venture, but it is also an ego trip. You can't buy exposure and the buzz these two guys have had in the football world. They say Malaysians are football mad especially for the premier league and these two guys are close to it.

This is a crossroads for us, we must forget about all the previous owners and our relationships with them, and must embrace and implicitly trust their decisions and judgements. I think they need to believe we are with them.

This episode shows again how amateur our local administration is. The way the story leaked, the lack of a helmsman to guide and control the media and the message given by the club. For 48hrs it was like the wild west, the internet chat room became the only source of knowledge. Posters not connected to the club became fountains of knowledge and imposters stoked the fire.

I hope they don't leave but employ full time professional senior staff to run the day to day affairs.

I completely agree, it's been a shambles. From the leak, to the board apparently telling us it was 100% non-negotiable to TG not immediately flying over to meet with fans and the fact it has been painted as Tan's personal belief and preference rather than based on any extensive marketing research backed up with cold hard facts and figures! There needs to be a complete review from top to bottom to ensure this never happens again as I can't remember such a damaging time for our club which could have easily been resolved with a more professional and conciliatory approach.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Fully 100% agree with posters above.
This has always been my opinion during the situation. Someone at the club needs the sack, maybe more when whoever leaked it first, then the PR and marketing people who just let it run and run

Total and complete lack of management (are they WAG members?).

Get in professional people. It may appear to cost more but you can get rid of the useless dross that is there.
I would imagine one good person would do the job of 3 of the numptys currently there.

This is not a one off (ticket sales are an example) of a completely useless admin/marketing management team at Cardiff City FC.

The whole situation could, and should, have been controlled as soon as the rumour started.
Red shirts, new Chinese looking dragon badge, red seats, new club name, non-negotiable etc etc.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 pm

glas wrote:Fully 100% agree with posters above.
This has always been my opinion during the situation. Someone at the club needs the sack, maybe more when whoever leaked it first, then the PR and marketing people who just let it run and run

Total and complete lack of management (are they WAG members?).

Get in professional people. It may appear to cost more but you can get rid of the useless dross that is there.
I would imagine one good person would do the job of 3 of the numptys currently there.

This is not a one off (ticket sales are an example) of a completely useless admin/marketing management team at Cardiff City FC.

The whole situation could, and should, have been controlled as soon as the rumour started.
Red shirts, new Chinese looking dragon badge, red seats, new club name, non-negotiable etc etc.

It has been shocking. We were basically told by the club , tough shit, next season its red shirts and no more bluebird based on Tan's superstition and personal preference and the Malaysians may invest £100m but that is not in writing. The stance has angered people more than anything, including myself. If there was a more conciliatory approach, with compromise options, fan groups invited to participate in such a major decision then this would never have got this far.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:31 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If they are serious, and we must take take their word they are it is about trust.

Whoever leaked it should be sacked.