Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andrew Taylors

Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am

Andrew Taylors house for sale i wont miss him

Re: Andrew Taylors

Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 am

He's probably moving somewhere better. I can't imagine we'd sell him.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

coc85 wrote:Andrew Taylors house for sale i wont miss him

I think the first three letters of your name nearly much describe your attitude in that post!

Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am

Natman Blue wrote:

I think the first three letters of your name nearly much describe your attitude in that post!

I think he has a different opinion to you. Grow up and accept it.

In my opinion, Andrew Taylor is a liability in our current team and I've come to that decision based upon seeing many goals against us that he appeared to be either wholly responsible for, or at least partly.

Care to comment without a swear word?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:37 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

In my opinion, Andrew Taylor is a liability in our current team and I've come to that decision based upon seeing many goals against us that he appeared to be either wholly responsible for, or at least partly.

I'll take your opinion and challenge it good sir. I think it hasn't necessarily been Taylor's fault but more so that the protection he has received down that left side has been very poor since the turn of the year and often we are double marked down that side.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:38 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Sorry just tired of the behaviour and negativity of our fans. I'll respond to a constructive debate in a constructive manner but there was nothing sensible in that initial post worth debating so it got the response it deserved!

Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Sorry just tired of the behaviour and negativity of our fans. I'll respond to a constructive debate in a constructive manner but there was nothing sensible in that initial post worth debating so it got the response it deserved!

In your opinion.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 am

Zabier wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

I'll take your opinion and challenge it good sir. I think it hasn't necessarily been Taylor's fault but more so that the protection he has received down that left side has been very poor since the turn of the year and often we are double marked down that side.

I have - and a number of managers of the opposing teams have - noticed that we are weak down that side. I'm not just blaming him for all the goals against, but take a look at a number of our matches of the past season and he has to take the blame for a fair number. The goals against us in the first leg of the play-off semi against West Ham, for instance, both had some Taylor involvement.

In my opinion, he's the weakest link in the current team and I would get rid of him, given the choice.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

Who would you sign as a replacement do you reckon?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:47 am

I also challange your opionion......I think he is a very good player let down by left side of midfield, which at times there isn't, time and time again. One of the few players I would want to keep if we had gone up.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am

the weakest aspect of his game is his inability to stop the cross. But like was said, he does get very little support down that side...I mean..occasionally whittinham wanders over..pretends he's going to try and tackle from 8 feet away..

Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

I believe the lack of any wide midfield players has exposed Andrew flank.

He is a better attacking full back than Super kev and can pass and cross. In last seasons narrow system the full back were used as offensive weapons, and in the last 10mins were probably fatigued.

If we play a 433 next season and he has to defend and lightly support he is more than good enough.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iv'e read it all now, oh ive read it all. How hypocritical of you. Hilarious.

Canton Magic has a different opinion to you, grow up and accept it or f**k off.
Last edited by Bluebird since 1948 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 am

Zabier wrote:Who would you sign as a replacement do you reckon?

I haven't a clue, but that's not the point. That always seems to be put forward as a counter argument, but the fact is, I'm not in football. If I was paid to do the job, I'd go around the country, checking the alternatives.

It's not just Taylor I'm not happy with, as I think some of the other players could've put in more of a shift now and again, but he's the obvious one, in my opinion.

If you don't look at any other goals, take a look at Jack Collison's first goal from the 3rd of May and that might give you an idea of why I'm not dead keen on our boy.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:53 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Iv'e it all now, oh ive read it all. How hypocritical of you. Hilarious.

Give it a rest, you fake - and take the other fake, Canton Tragic, with you. Ask him to name those players he "saw" on the eve of the play-off semis. What's that? He didn't? There you go.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

You mean the one where Darcy lost his man and allowed him to get a cross in?

(Just a note saying besides that i thought darcey was great for the rest of the game)

Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 am

The Douce wrote:You mean the one where Darcy lost his man and allowed him to get a cross in?

(Just a note saying besides that i thought darcey was great for the rest of the game)

Look at the marking of the goalscorer - or lack of.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Iv'e it all now, oh ive read it all. How hypocritical of you. Hilarious.

Give it a rest, you fake - and take the other fake, Canton Tragic, with you. Ask him to name those players he "saw" on the eve of the play-off semis. What's that? He didn't? There you go.

Why do you want to know that? Nosy b*stard.

He's doing the right thing and keeping the info to himself, I have full trust in his judgements and what he saw. The man is highly educated, probably a lawyer/doctor/buisinessman. He also respects the older generations like me who have seen this club grow only for it to be seized by a significant plastic element of our support :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Nedd, you could argue that with Collison coming from deep why weren't one of the centre backs marking him? It looks like Taylor saw Collison was free and coming in so tried his best to cover and make up for the lack of marking from the centre backs. As Douce said, Blake let Vaz Te get the cross in too easily.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 pm

One of the midfielders could've come back to mark collison or someone could've given him a shout.

Or you could look at it this way, you could put Lee Naylor at left back...

Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Best left back at the club for a long while.

Exposed as the left wing is normally filled by a more attacking minded player.

RB doesn't have this problem as Cowie sits in front and is always covering back providing support.

Replacements with his balance would be a struggle.