Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller - Would You Keep or Sell?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

Back to football you bastards!

Simple question. Would you keep Kenny Miller for next season or would you look to shift him on?

I was a big fan of Miller over the course of the season and he scored a lot of key goals that won us a lot of key points. However, his misses also cost us a fair few results. I feel he's a bit too hit and miss for a club that is pushing for promotion at this level and even though I rate him as a player and he works hard for the team, I feel we need a more prolific striker who is more selfish and lets the midfield do the carthorse work with the striker up top to finish.

However, is that sort of player available at an affordable price? I'm loving the sound of Adam Le Fondre joining us on loan but is there anyone else out there?

I wouldn't cringe at the thought of Miller staying but I think we need a 20 goal a season striker.

Re: Kenny Miller - Would You Keep or Sell?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

Give him away for free, get him off the wage bill.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

Sell but who would have him?

Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

nelson wrote:Sell but who would have him?

Bristol City? :D

Fri May 11, 2012 11:19 am

get rid. Clear the way for out new 6'1 Icelandic striker to form a brilliant partnership with joe mason.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am

Didn't hear it from me though.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 am

He simply doesn't score enough goals. Yes you could argue he's always upfront on his own, but as a striker you'd expect him to get more than 10 goals for 2 seasons. I'd say get rid and bring in a new striker to partner with mason.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 am

Shouldn't have bought him in the first place. He cost us the promotion.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 am

I forgot about football.

Ageing quality player who we flogged to death last season, what a squad player !!!!!

I believe he signed a 2 year deal, can't see us selling him, the clubs who would pay a nominal transfer fee couldn't stump up the wages.

There will be a few going on frees this summer, we will have to take a bit of a hit on them, no way in a million years will we pay one of Malkys main men to leave.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:26 am

quadsas wrote:Shouldn't have bought him in the first place. He cost us the promotion.

Nibble, nibble. Bite, bite. :)

quadsas, I would hate to get on your wrong side mate! You really do hold a grudge. Did Miller sleep with your wife or something? :D

Fri May 11, 2012 11:27 am

You should be banned. Posting about football on here. Your type drag this board down. Cant you see its all politics now, not one thread about football or city players and youve gone and spoilt it all, i dont know, some people............SELL

Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am

jama wrote:You should be banned. Posting about football on here. Your type drag this board down. Cant you see its all politics now, not one thread about football or city players and youve gone and spoilt it all, i dont know, some people............SELL

:lol: Screw you and your extreme right views! Blasphemer!

Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am

If we get investment I would keep him as another option.

If we now dont get investment inevitably the wage bill will need to be dramatically cut so he will be top of the list.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:If we get investment I would keep him as another option.

If we now dont get investment inevitably the wage bill will need to be dramatically cut so he will be top of the list.

You can only sell if there is a buyer..... If we offered him for £100k who is going to match his wage demands.

We can't get rid of Parkin

Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

sell even if we only recieve £1 for him :D

Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If we get investment I would keep him as another option.

You can only sell if there is a buyer..... If we offered him for £100k who is going to match his wage demands.

We can't get rid of Parkin

Rangers on a free.
All depends what Tans plans are.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 pm

[code
][/code]
sell him, his goal return this season was shocking,might have been a hit in a sub standard scottish league but hes always struggled in english football,people said our system didnt suit him but what ever system we play the goals were always the same size and in the same place it was his acuracy which was off,

Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Millers link up play is superb. To be honest i would love to see him sit behind a front two. But would that style of play be in Malky's plans ?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm

:cya:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Got a funny feeling he will be off to forest, once we sign Zamora

Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I honestly think we can only judge Miller after he' had a full season with the right players around him. We need wingers to supply a big target man up front and for Miller to feed off him. Mark my works, if we get the squad balance right next season he will bang in 25+ goals. We also need someone to challenge Miller for his place in the starting 11.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

But to answer the question i would keep him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 2:16 pm

I would sell him, I know he work's his ass off for the team but I base my opinion on the fact that he has only scored 10 league goals this season, surely we want our number 9 to be banging in double that!

Fri May 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Keep him - as long as we get a big target man to partner him up front, otherwise, if we are sticking to the same set up as last season, get rid and get a similar type of player in.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:49 pm

I'd keep him personally. For me he always gives 100% but his effort has sometimes gone unnoticed this season due to his lack of goals, of which all strikers regardless of age or ability are measured on. I also think Malky's reluctance to play Earnie or at least give him a chance this season meant that Miller practically played every game, when at times it was obvious he could of done with a rest. I think if we change our formation for next season and ditch the frustrating 4-5-1 in favour of 4-4-2 and sign a few proper wide men we'll see a change in Miller and more goals especially if he's playing alongside a big target man type striker, like the partnership he forged with Kyle Lafferty at Rangers a few seasons back, when Miller scored 20+ goals and led them to the SPL title. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I would def keep Kenny and get him a partner up front. :ayatollah:

I would sell whitts though.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:51 pm

The Douce wrote:get rid. Clear the way for out new 6'1 Icelandic striker to form a brilliant partnership with joe mason.

Oh ffs!

Everyone on the messageboard KNOWS that that was a false rumour :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would def keep Kenny and get him a partner up front. :ayatollah:

I would sell whitts though.

I'd keep Whitts and play him back on the left wing where he's done so much damage to opposition teams before this season and the back end of last when he moved infield. Who would you like to see us sign Annis? Troy Deeney of Watford and Nathan Tyson from Derby impressed me this season when they played against us at CCS and I think would both be good foils for Miller. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would def keep Kenny and get him a partner up front. :ayatollah:

This, along with some creativity coming in to supply them.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:59 pm

This, along with some creativity coming in to supply them.