Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

something to think about

Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am

right we all are delighted with the keeping of the badge and the colour blue, but are devistated we couldnt get the 100m and with the rasict abuse tg and dt have recieved. they did not deserve that kind of abuse.

now the big thing is the £100m investment and whether vincent tan will leave the club.

first off i dont believe Vincent will leave, why? because as carl has said several times hes invested around £40m of his own money into the club. now the only way to get that back is by selling the club off for £40m, however no-one will spend around £40m on a championship club with big debts. he needs us to get promotion to claw his money back.

secondly the "£100m" investment he promised which seems to be from him. now would a man who knows how to make money, really go splash £100m on us. no i think he would loan it to the club with interest rate as a way to make it back.

what im saying is i believe their intentions are good, and they do have the club at heart, i believe they went about it the wrong way. they tried to make it so they can sell the club in malaysia, when their biggest income from support is at home here.

Re: something to think about

Fri May 11, 2012 10:59 am

bluebird04 wrote:right we all are delighted with the keeping of the badge and the colour blue, but are devistated we couldnt get the 100m and with the rasict abuse tg and dt have recieved. they did not deserve that kind of abuse.

now the big thing is the £100m investment and whether vincent tan will leave the club.

first off i dont believe Vincent will leave, why? because as carl has said several times hes invested around £40m of his own money into the club. now the only way to get that back is by selling the club off for £40m, however no-one will spend around £40m on a championship club with big debts. he needs us to get promotion to claw his money back.

secondly the "£100m" investment he promised which seems to be from him. now would a man who knows how to make money, really go splash £100m on us. no i think he would loan it to the club with interest rate as a way to make it back.

what im saying is i believe their intentions are good, and they do have the club at heart, i believe they went about it the wrong way. they tried to make it so they can sell the club in malaysia, when their biggest income from support is at home here.

he can walk anytime he wants, he hasn't invested or gambled any money on us, So far its all a LOAN!! we owe him that 40mil, so he can't lose, get it?

Re: something to think about

Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

Isn't the £40m 'invested' a secured loan meaning that so long as he is here we don't owe anything but if he leaves then he can take the £40m from the club?

I am rubbish with finances so would love some clarification on this.