Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Transfer spending on hold till after board meeting on Monday

Fri May 11, 2012 10:01 am

Malky Mackay
CARDIFF City boss Malky Mackay is having to re-think his summer transfer spending plans following the shock playing kit U-turn from his Malaysian bosses.

Billionaire owner Vincent Tan and club chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee are reviewing the club’s finances after claiming pressure from fans forced them to ditch their proposals for the Bluebirds to play in red from next season.

The Malaysians were ready to pump £100million into the club as part of the plan – believing they could recoup much of it through the sale of red replica shirts in Asia.

A proportion of that investment was being made available to Makcay to spend big in the transfer market, with the plan to deliver promotion to the Premier League in 2012-13.

But Mackay, it seems, will be forced to set his sights significantly lower after the Bluebirds hierarchy warned they could not continue sustaining losses on a monthly basis.

The Bluebirds manager is awaiting the outcome of talks between the Malaysian money-men and the club’s British-based directors before discovering how much he will have to spend.

Mackay believes his team punched above their weight this season and knows he needs significant new signings to bolster the team.

The City boss was said to be excited by the plans which had been put forward by the Malaysians, even though it would have meant the end of the historical bluebird on the club badge.

A WalesOnline poll, which had more than 2,000 respondents, revealed more fans were actually in favour of the red kit proposals than against.

At the time of going to Press, 50 per cent of respondents said they were in favour of the Malaysians’ plans to re-brand the club kit and crest, with 46 per cent against and four per cent undecided.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1uYwwSYNZ

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1uYAJEXwD

Re: ANNIS CAN YOU MAKE THIS A STICKY!!!

Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 am

I bet that Swans lot are laughing there Ball off at us now. Well done all you that were against the change over. Not only will we have a problem bring in new player, I reckon we will have a problem keeping hold of the ones we got. Also if things get worse, I can see all our creditors coming out of the woodwork to try get there money before we go tits up. What good will our history do you then.? :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I bet that Swans lot are laughing there Ball off at us now. Well done all you that were against the change over. Not only will we have a problem bring in new player, I reckon we will have a problem keeping hold of the ones we got. Also if things get worse, I can see all our creditors coming out of the woodwork to try get there money before we go tits up. What good will our history do you then.? :old:

They are laughing all right. They are laughing we are so desperate to join them we was willing to sell everything that made us Cardiff City to do it :roll: :roll: :roll:They look at us and say who is obsessed now ?

Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:I bet that Swans lot are laughing there Ball off at us now. Well done all you that were against the change over. Not only will we have a problem bring in new player, I reckon we will have a problem keeping hold of the ones we got. Also if things get worse, I can see all our creditors coming out of the woodwork to try get there money before we go tits up. What good will our history do you then.? :old:

They are laughing all right. They are laughing we are so desperate to join them we was willing to sell everything that made us Cardiff City to do it :roll: :roll: :roll:They look at us and say who is obsessed now ?

Its not just about get to the prem, its our future in the game, what the hell is the good of our history if we go tits up ?
Our history will die with it. THis club like all clubs is a buisiness and it has to be run like a buisness for us to servive dont you see that ? and like all buisness if money dont come in, but money keeps going out you sink. Wake up ! and see the light :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Its not just about get to the prem, its our future in the game, what the hell is the good of our history if we go tits up ?
Our history will die with it. THis club like all clubs is a buisiness and it has to be run like a buisness for us to servive dont you see that ? and like all buisness if money dont come in, but money keeps going out you sink. Wake up ! and see the light :old:

Because it has been run constantly by a bunch of monkeys for donkeys years thats why we are in the shite

Fri May 11, 2012 10:28 am

does it agree with his views or the mods views? if not you'll be lucky

Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

Because it has been run constantly by a bunch of monkeys for donkeys years thats why we are in the shite

And now we have someone who want to bring in more money from Asia where Cardiff City could cash in with Bils of pounds ,and remember the guy has put around 40mil in up to now and growing every month by 1mil, and the money is out of his own pocket . and you think thats bad for the club do you ? Thank God you are not running Cardiff City.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:47 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Because it has been run constantly by a bunch of monkeys for donkeys years thats why we are in the shite

And now we have someone who want to bring in more money from Asia where Cardiff City could cash in with Bils of pounds ,and remember the guy has put around 40mil in up to now and growing every month by 1mil, and the money is out of his own pocket . and you think thats bad for the club do you ? Thank God you are not running Cardiff City.

There is No certainty that we will make money from selling our RED shirts in asia. I have a malaysian house mates who I've asked does the colour red make a difference? He said no we would still never outsell united and liverpool. Unless we actually got to the premier league and had won it then no we wont sell many

Fri May 11, 2012 11:12 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Because it has been run constantly by a bunch of monkeys for donkeys years thats why we are in the shite

There is No certainty that we will make money from selling our RED shirts in asia. I have a malaysian house mates who I've asked does the colour red make a difference? He said no we would still never outsell united and liverpool. Unless we actually got to the premier league and had won it then no we wont sell many

Exactly. So many braindead soul sellers on this site. They would suck off their grandad for the chance for PL football.

So cringeworthy i have goose pimples.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 pm

polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Exactly. So many braindead soul sellers on this site. They would suck off their grandad for the chance for PL football.

This isn't just all about getting to the premier league. Its about still having a club to support. I remained a session ticket holder throughout all the dark old days including being amongst the lowest ever league crowd at Ninian Park and I don't want to go back to those days. You can bet your life that the majority of those who shouted the loudest about changing to a red kit won't be there watching the games if we slide back down the divisions. So much for spouting off about if history and playing in blue then. Whose going to keep us afloat (if or now more likely) VT plugs the plug on the money. Annis even said the other day that 'he never liked the Malaysians' . Ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion but unfortunately there are a lot of..... I hate and hesitate to say this but there is no other way of putting it......a lot of idiots on here and amongst our support and you only have to look at their spelling and grammar to see their lack of intelligence. Unfortunately it's these sort if people who jump on the bandwagon of statements like that and the anti-red stance. There are just as many if not more who would reluctantly go along with the change of kit if it meant the club survives (and progresses) but the its the anti-red brigade who shouted the loudest and I hope they will now continue to support the club for life just like people like I have but I think we all know the answer to that question. We won't see their arses for dust once we are back struggling for survival in the lower divisions. I would reluctantly accept playing in red just as long as we had a compromise of the bluebird on the badge and bluebirds remains as our nickname. We only play in blue for half of the games anyway. The only difference would be that we would be playing in blue away from home instead of at home. For god's sake we have even been playing in white this season. The colour of our biggest rivals. Where was the outcry about that. I think playing in our rivals colour shirt us far far worse than playing 50% of our games in a red shirt.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:40 pm

polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

I can think of something else that is cringeworthy on this forum

Fri May 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Me too. Your stalking and obsession with me. :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:47 pm

polo wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

You are not that special, it's a forum there are threads and then we answer them with posts :roll:

Re: Transfer spending on hold till after board meeting on Monday

Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Be nice to have a stable club for a change with all our fans united as one! And not having to worry about our clubs finances and going into administration or folding completely! Not fussed about prem league football if I'm honest {allthough it would be nice to have a taste of it for a season lol} I just want to know that the club I love has a stable future! And if the Malaysians can give our club that then me personally don't mind the proposed changes they want to make! Nothings gunna stop me from
chantin BLUUUEBIRRRRDS anyway :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:10 pm

polo wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

It's a forum :roll: people reply to threads and posts. Do you think you are that special opps of course you do

Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

I was for the changes, kits with the red on here look good, name etc obviously something would have to give, but I wanted investment as I know we can't go on like it is. Pouring money down the drain. How are we paying out so much each month..

How are the other teams in division managing?

Surely investment is better than a club which is going to fall...

Southampton and reading are teams who have got investment and look where they are...

West Ham have been lucky...

We need a better quality squad we know this if we are to have the opportunity each season to push for promotion, or we could end up like Ipswich and forest

Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

As if they would have made any transfer dealing before Monday anyhow? It's only 3 days away and season still not over

Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

polo wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they are braindead :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Two Words , JAY RODRIGUEZ!

Fri May 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, the ones who complained got their wish. :(

Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

But we weren't selling everything Steve.

We still would have been CCFC no matter what! :dontknow:

Fri May 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

well said :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Miller time wrote:I was for the changes, kits with the red on here look good, name etc obviously something would have to give, but I wanted investment as I know we can't go on like it is. Pouring money down the drain. How are we paying out so much each month..

How are the other teams in division managing?

Surely investment is better than a club which is going to fall...

Southampton and reading are teams who have got investment and look where they are...

West Ham have been lucky...

We need a better quality squad we know this if we are to have the opportunity each season to push for promotion, or we could end up like Ipswich and forest

Other clubs are not so much in debt as what we are, it is a weight that is dragging the club down.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm

cityone wrote:Malky Mackay
CARDIFF City boss Malky Mackay is having to re-think his summer transfer spending plans following the shock playing kit U-turn from his Malaysian bosses.

Billionaire owner Vincent Tan and club chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee are reviewing the club’s finances after claiming pressure from fans forced them to ditch their proposals for the Bluebirds to play in red from next season.

The Malaysians were ready to pump £100million into the club as part of the plan – believing they could recoup much of it through the sale of red replica shirts in Asia.

A proportion of that investment was being made available to Makcay to spend big in the transfer market, with the plan to deliver promotion to the Premier League in 2012-13.

But Mackay, it seems, will be forced to set his sights significantly lower after the Bluebirds hierarchy warned they could not continue sustaining losses on a monthly basis.

The Bluebirds manager is awaiting the outcome of talks between the Malaysian money-men and the club’s British-based directors before discovering how much he will have to spend.

Mackay believes his team punched above their weight this season and knows he needs significant new signings to bolster the team.

The City boss was said to be excited by the plans which had been put forward by the Malaysians, even though it would have meant the end of the historical bluebird on the club badge.

A WalesOnline poll, which had more than 2,000 respondents, revealed more fans were actually in favour of the red kit proposals than against.

At the time of going to Press, 50 per cent of respondents said they were in favour of the Malaysians’ plans to re-brand the club kit and crest, with 46 per cent against and four per cent undecided.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1uYwwSYNZ

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1uYAJEXwD

Funny you should say its on hold abit like jan when we was 2nd in the league 2points off top and where did that get us when even dai hunt knew we needed 3-4 players ffs let aloine the manager on his violins for seven months. Wake up you lot who are blowing these people off before its to late.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Sorry not selling giving up everything. Do you really believe that was as far as they would of taken the re branding ? If it was they would not of done it in one foul swoop.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Sorry not selling giving up everything. Do you really believe that was as far as they would of taken the re branding ? If it was they would not of done it in one foul swoop.

It would have been as far as they could go Steve.
League rules forbids anything else.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

The dinosaurs became extinct. Hopefully, your type who crave for the 3,000 a game a NP will soon become extinct.

Someone said on the Real Radio phone in tonight that if the Malaysians do pull out (and I hope to God they don't) then there will be plenty of teams in both the Premiership and the Championship who will shout out 'WE WILL PLAY IN RED AND HAVE A DRAGON ON OUR SHIRTS, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT WELSH'.

TALK ABOUT LOOKING A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH!!!