Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THEY WON'T WALK AWAY

Fri May 11, 2012 9:36 am

After all the in fighting,disagreements and racist remarks (none of which I have seen on here) I do not believe the Malaysians will just jump ship,as a former union rep who's parents were also reps I have never seen a company close down or walk away because the workers disagreed with proposals.If we are threatened with this every time we have an opinion they are surely the wrong people for our club and I hope this is not the case.
Fans who opposed changing to red and losing our Bluebirds tag did so because it was without foundation and were prepared to listen to any suggestions as to how these alterations would make a huge financial difference to our club.I believe if the Malaysians can explain to the fans how changing can move us forward then people would listen,these are intelligent and powerful business people who surely have plan A,B and C and would have been advised of a backlash.It is time to put our internal differences aside and become one again,this is no longer about right and wrong. lets hope the club is in the hands of people with integrity,principle and an eye for the details of our culture and not someone who runs because he doesn't get his way.I do not believe they will walk away but all I can do is wait and see.

TIME TO STICK TOGETHER NOW

Re: THEY WON'T WALK AWAY

Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

If they have any sense they will stay because trust me when I say this club has a massive future and any issues endured over the past 48 hours are just a minor issue compared to the potential glory we could deliver them as a club.

You are right though, time to come back together. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

As i wrote on the other board, i don't think we can under-estimate the cultural differences between the west and south east asia. I've spent a few months in that part of the world and believe it's no good trying to second guess them using western rational

Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 am

Especially when malaysian papers ran a front page story saying what racists people we are and how this has embarrassed VT in his home country

Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Especially when malaysian papers ran a front page story saying what racists people we are and how this has embarrassed VT in his home country

Is there evidence of this? I'd quite like to read that and see their opinion of it.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Especially when malaysian papers ran a front page story saying what racists people we are and how this has embarrassed VT in his home country

That is a problem for sure.

However, we have rallied around and it is clear now that the racist element was extremely small. Reading both message boards it is clear that their behaviour has disgusted almost everyone and 99% of Cardiff supporters have condemed what happened to VT.

I have no inside info but I assume that the situation has been monitored and VT being a clever sod will see an opportunity.

They will be back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Zabier wrote:

Is there evidence of this? I'd quite like to read that and see their opinion of it.

Where can we see this story Craig?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Im trying to find it, it was said at the meeting yesterday.

Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 pm

oh they could walk away....it's a bit like folding in poker.

it would be just put down to experience by VT

Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

dazzyt wrote:After all the in fighting,disagreements and racist remarks (none of which I have seen on here) I do not believe the Malaysians will just jump ship,as a former union rep who's parents were also reps I have never seen a company close down or walk away because the workers disagreed with proposals.If we are threatened with this every time we have an opinion they are surely the wrong people for our club and I hope this is not the case.
Fans who opposed changing to red and losing our Bluebirds tag did so because it was without foundation and were prepared to listen to any suggestions as to how these alterations would make a huge financial difference to our club.I believe if the Malaysians can explain to the fans how changing can move us forward then people would listen,these are intelligent and powerful business people who surely have plan A,B and C and would have been advised of a backlash.It is time to put our internal differences aside and become one again,this is no longer about right and wrong. lets hope the club is in the hands of people with integrity,principle and an eye for the details of our culture and not someone who runs because he doesn't get his way.I do not believe they will walk away but all I can do is wait and see.

I wouldn't be to sure about that mate! asian culture is a totally different kettle of fish! Respect, honour and integrity I think are a lot more important than money in there culture, so if they think the actions of "some" of our fans over the last few days has made them loose "face" and been disrespected by us then who knows... They may just think FUKIT!!! Not the kind of people we want to do business with! Hope that aint the case mind you but I do think we have pushed our luck with some of the antics that have gone on in the last few days!

Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
dazzyt wrote:After all the in fighting,disagreements and racist remarks (none of which I have seen on here) I do not believe the Malaysians will just jump ship,as a former union rep who's parents were also reps I have never seen a company close down or walk away because the workers disagreed with proposals.If we are threatened with this every time we have an opinion they are surely the wrong people for our club and I hope this is not the case.

I wouldn't be to sure about that mate! asian culture is a totally different kettle of fish! Respect, honour and integrity I think are a lot more important than money in there culture, so if they think the actions of "some" of our fans over the last few days has made them loose "face" and been disrespected by us then who knows... They may just think FUKIT!!! Not the kind of people we want to do business with! Hope that aint the case mind you but I do think we have pushed our luck with some of the antics that have gone on in the last few days!

If honour and integrity is what they believe in there will be no further problems and the investment will be made,we fought for our badge and our colours and I am sure they will see that the fans(racists excluded) who stood their ground to keep our heritage have honour,passion and integrity intact.

Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 pm

What paper was that then ? got any links mate -- ive read all the press and spoke to a few of staff there and they have not heard or seen a thing ---- more crocidile tears ?

Fri May 11, 2012 4:11 pm

You ment THEY WONT WOK AWAY DAZ :lol: good post btw.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 pm

:ayatollah:
bluebird1977 wrote:You ment THEY WONT WOK AWAY DAZ :lol: good post btw.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:37 pm

He's not running because he can't get his own way, his integrity was questioned and he was the recipient of personal abuse.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:

:roll:

He's not running because he can't get his own way, his integrity was questioned and he was the recipient of personal abuse.

Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 pm

dazzyt wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:

If honour and integrity is what they believe in there will be no further problems and the investment will be made,we fought for our badge and our colours and I am sure they will see that the fans(racists excluded) who stood their ground to keep our heritage have honour,passion and integrity intact.

Spot on.

Sat May 12, 2012 4:45 pm

:ayatollah: