Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MALKY MACKAYS TRANSFER KITTY ON HOLD

Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 am

Sounds to me like were a little bit fucked.

CARDIFF City boss Malky Mackay is having to re-think his summer transfer spending plans following the shock playing kit U-turn from his Malaysian bosses.

Billionaire owner Vincent Tan and club chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee are reviewing the club’s finances after claiming pressure from fans forced them to ditch their proposals for the Bluebirds to play in red from next season.

The Malaysians were ready to pump £100million into the club as part of the plan – believing they could recoup much of it through the sale of red replica shirts in Asia.

A proportion of that investment was being made available to Makcay to spend big in the transfer market, with the plan to deliver promotion to the Premier League in 2012-13.

But Mackay, it seems, will be forced to set his sights significantly lower after the Bluebirds hierarchy warned they could not continue sustaining losses on a monthly basis.

The Bluebirds manager is awaiting the outcome of talks between the Malaysian money-men and the club’s British-based directors before discovering how much he will have to spend.

Mackay believes his team punched above their weight this season and knows he needs significant new signings to bolster the team.

The City boss was said to be excited by the plans which had been put forward by the Malaysians, even though it would have meant the end of the historical bluebird on the club badge.

A WalesOnline poll, which had more than 2,000 respondents, revealed more fans were actually in favour of the red kit proposals than against.

At the time of going to Press, 50 per cent of respondents said they were in favour of the Malaysians’ plans to re-brand the club kit and crest, with 46 per cent against and four per cent undecided.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1uYAJEXwD

Re: MALKY MACKAYS TRANSFER KITTY ON HOLD

Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 am

they have no basis for those claims and just guessing as usual

Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 am

Seems to me thats all we can do at the moment and it sounds about right without investment we have no money to spend. wouldnt surprise me if we go back to old ways and start selling selling selling

Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 am

This is wales online we are talking about, it is all supposition if we don't get the big investment it's obvious the money for transfers will be reduced read between the lines

Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 am

the thing that shocks me is that so many fans were actually for it but the Malaysians threw in the towel after two days! Im certain that if they met with the fans and put on a PR offensive, along with a few high profile signings, then they could have got 85% on board for the start of the season! Strange how they didnt see it out. Surely they were warned the reaction would initially be vitriolic??????

Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 am

Jimbo27 wrote:the thing that shocks me is that so many fans were actually for it but the Malaysians threw in the towel after two days! Im certain that if they met with the fans and put on a PR offensive, along with a few high profile signings, then they could have got 85% on board for the start of the season! Strange how they didnt see it out. Surely they were warned the reaction would initially be vitriolic??????

Lets be honest,some of the abuse they took i dont think they thought that was heading their way, If somebody said they would do something to your family, would you want to invest money into something they enjoyed going to

Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 am

Jimbo27 wrote:the thing that shocks me is that so many fans were actually for it but the Malaysians threw in the towel after two days! Im certain that if they met with the fans and put on a PR offensive, along with a few high profile signings, then they could have got 85% on board for the start of the season! Strange how they didnt see it out. Surely they were warned the reaction would initially be vitriolic??????

VT was dragged kicking and screaming to watch his first football match, it was TG who done it and it was at our stadium, he had no intrest what so ever in football, now he has gone from that to dipping in his own pocket every month to pay the wages, he then gets all the abuse thrown at him from certain sections over the last three days, have you considered that he doesn,t need this sh*t??????