Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHAT A HOLLOW VICTORY

Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 am

Gwyn - you are wasting your time. Some people won't or can't seem to move on. They want to live in their own little world believing we are a big successful club - look at the facts -we are not. With this investment we could have been whether in red or blue . Now they have driven away the only saviour we will ever have- Hope they are proud with what they have done.
If V.T. Walks I won't be there next season as i do not wish to anywhere near these bigoted morons.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:18 am

46yrsblue wrote:Gwyn - you are wasting your time. Some people won't or can't seem to move on. They want to live in their own little world believing we are a big successful club - look at the facts -we are not. With this investment we could have been whether in red or blue . Now they have driven away the only saviour we will ever have- Hope they are proud with what they have done.
If V.T. Walks I won't be there next season as i do not wish to anywhere near these bigoted morons.

Well said mate. I have been sick and tired of people on here banging on about us being a big club. I was annoyed about no longer having the bluebird on our badge but if we could keep the bluebird in our badge and still be called the bluebirds then I had no problem with red shirts. We play in a different colour when away from home anyway and our away kit would have been BLUE. For gods sake we have been playing in white at times this season, the colour of our biggest rivals!!!!!. Where was the uproar over that decision. I really can't see a future for us now other than to struggle in the Championship and eventually at some time relegation. Been there done that and would still be there again. Was there every home again throughout our darkest days and lowest ever league attendance. How many of these anti red people will still come and watch us when we are in the bottom half of the Championship or in the lower divisions.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 am

Gwyn
I can taste your passion for are club and that is great but each of us are entitled on opinion on this matter.

My opinion is that to change the badge and the home strip to red was a step to far .I no the financial gain and like you Gwyn I love the club with a deep passion but in my eyes I would not want to see us play in pink pyjamas or Red or in the nude I just can not bring myself to do as much as the gain is vast.

You may think I am nuts but I think you are nuts so the different opinions of people has to be respected here both ways.

I do think the leak spoilt any developments as people weren't informed properly.As a result and as much as you disagree I would be willing for the benefit of the club to listen to a compromise.

The situation should of been handled much better as it was obvious anger would play a big part and the club has to take the blame for that.

Yes he owns the club but we were here first and we will be here when he has gone its a fans club and the change to me was to radical.Yes if we lose this investment I will be devastated but I just cant change my mind on this as much as you think its mad.

Sorry Gwyn I stand by my opinion as much as you stand by yours.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:58 am

Gwyn, you don't have to defend your actions especially against that chimney sweep!

f**k em you did what you did for the good of the club and the silent majority can see that :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:16 am

All these bloody Ass hole ( and I guess most of them are kids or with the brains of kids ) may have just put our club another step near ADMIN. We were lucky to survive it last time but VT come in and things looked bright. You were all going on about our history and how could we let it go. Well without Cardiff City playing week in week out our history soon go out the window.

Well done you so called Bluebirds you couldnt have done a better job or fking this club up if you had been a jack .

Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 am

Wasn't all this stuff leaked from the club in the beginning, I'm sure I read that somewhere, if so that person certainly caused a lot of shit.

They have put so much cash in and were probably I'll advised about generating more income for the club, they obviously don't want to keep putting there cash in constantly.

If they do go we know we are screwed unless some other mug comes in to keep us afloat. I was for changes as I had a sneaky feeling something like this was going to happen, at the end of the day we are Cardiff City we had a chance of huge investment to keep us going, now who knows what's going to happen, but I would rather be where we are than league 2 with a stadium not half full. Because we won't get crowds unless we are a success.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:21 am

Dont go quoting Admin now ...... 3 years ago Southampton were in Admin and in League 1 , next season they will be playing Premiership football and playing it in their usual kit of red n white stripes too !

Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 am

Stop scaremongering, the whining of the minority is starting to make us all look like sad, scared eejits

Nothing hollow about this victory: just a shame that people being bullied into panicking and changing their minds might lead to the plans being begged through by 'fans'. .

Fri May 11, 2012 7:24 am

Gwyn, I see what you're saying but in my eyes compromise is something that delivers no harm to anyone. Yes, we are all grateful for their money but let's not pretend they care about the club in an emotional sense. Maybe as the years go by they will fall in love with the club but right now their interests are solely financial.

I have to disagree with you and say that compromise is an action that would have shown respect towards the fans that help to make this club what it is. Yes, VT et al have invested money into the club but if we do well they will get a sound financial return. A large number of us season ticket holders invest a higher percentage of our earnings into this club than VT et al have done but will we see a financial return if the club does well? OK, we will see Premiership football but we won't earn a pound for it.

I think due to that we should be afforded the respect from the owner to be consulted with about changes to the club because ultimately we were here before they arrived and we will be here after they have gone.

I do think some comments have been ridiculous and total rejection of change is backwards. However, having a dictator as the owner of the club isn't what anyone wants and I think compromise is the best option for all parties to get what they want and the best for this club is for all parties to get what they want. :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:28 am

Football is more than just a game to some people , its their life . Overseas owners just dont get it Im afraid ..... can you ever imagine Newcastle not playing in black n white at home or indeed Celtic never wearing green again ??? Yes Im all for investment but why change history in order to do it this time :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:33 am

Gwyn, you said..
These people own the club, why do they have to consult with us

The answer to that is because we are customers, we buy the Cardiff City product by paying to go through the turnstiles..A good business man will always keep his customers happy..

The PR at Cardiff are shocking, They could have got the changes they desire by using a clever bit of PR, and asked the fans for their backing.
Lets hope they stick around, and learn from their mistakes.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Stop scaremongering, the whining of the minority is starting to make us all look like sad, scared eejits

Nothing hollow about this victory: just a shame that people being bullied into panicking and changing their minds might lead to the plans being begged through by 'fans'. .

you my friend are an absolute idiot!
Sad scared eejits! This is not about picking up a baseball bat and defending your manner!
Unless i'm mistaken nobody on here has got a spare 40 million hanging around.
One minute you speak as if you've swallowed an nvq social science book, now you think you're braveheart!

Fri May 11, 2012 7:39 am

wkdblue wrote:Gwyn, you said..

The answer to that is because we are customers, we buy the Cardiff City product by paying to go through the turnstiles..A good business man will always keep his customers happy..

The PR at Cardiff are shocking, They could have got the changes they desire by using a clever bit of PR, and asked the fans for their backing.

They don't have to consult with us, they have to produce a product that will sell, whether it be a meal, a car, or a suit of clothes. If they do this well they will grow the business, if people don't come or don't buy the product then they fail.
Yes they need to do market research to a degree, but they stand or fall by their decisions.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:43 am

Juventus changed their strip to pink at home...........

Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 am

BigGwynram wrote:

They don't have to consult with us, they have to produce a product that will sell, whether it be a meal, a car, or a suit of clothes. If they do this well they will grow the business, if people don't come or don't buy the product then they fail.
Yes they need to do market research to a degree, but they stand or fall by their decisions.

At least we agree on one thing, this whole bloody affair should have been handled better. I`m sure the fans would have been more sympathetic with their plans if it had been..

Fri May 11, 2012 7:47 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Stop scaremongering, the whining of the minority is starting to make us all look like sad, scared eejits

you my friend are an absolute idiot!
Sad scared eejits! This is not about picking up a baseball bat and defending your manner!
Unless i'm mistaken nobody on here has got a spare 40 million hanging around.
One minute you speak as if you've swallowed an nvq social science book, now you think you're braveheart!

Sorry, I don't understand what you are referring to? And I'm not even sure NVQs in social sciences even exist

Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am

wkdblue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

At least we agree on one thing, this whole bloody affair should have been handled better. I`m sure the fans would have been more sympathetic with their plans if it had been..

And I think it would have been if some tw*t hadn't shitstirred and leaked the info.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 am

But its not the minority or just the young like some people keep saying

Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 am

Daya wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Gwyn, my dealings with you have always been amicable but answer this question.

Have you been paid/asked to change opinion thus swaying fan support towards a red kit? A sudden change of stance is intriguing to me :old:

What was the free German trip on the Club about as you visited Stadia ?

Should you not be concentrating on your own team??? aftera ll if you lose at wembley you might be looking for a new backer to pay off the obscene wages you are throwing around, then of course you,ve got your own re-branding going on, moving out of a "proper" stadium into one where you,ll be ducking all day just to avoid all the javelins flying around, of course this "christmas present" comes at the cost of the uk tax payer, enjoy your new running track/stadium!!!

Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 am

BigGwynram wrote:

You call us idiots Gwyn, but how you can honestly compare a football club to a business beggars belief..... Cardiff City is not M&S, Currys or Tescos(other stores are available :lol: ), and a large percentage of clubs run at a loss or at the very best just about break even. Owning a football club seems to me to be, for the majority of chairmen, about the love of the game or even a personal love for the club they own, and if the Malaysians wanted to get into something to make a massive profit then maybe they should have thought about investing in Peacocks instead of us. Football clubs are owned by the fans, even if only figuratively speaking.... they are the life blood of any club and spend massive percentages of their annual income to follow their clubs, so for the Malaysians to not have the decency to at least consult us over the decision to do away with a massive part of the clubs history was nothing short of callous and underhanded..... and the leak raises the question, when would we have been told? Would the first we knew about it be when we saw the team running out in their new colours and badges?.....

Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 am

Well said Andy, but I fear your post won't get the respect it deserves

Fri May 11, 2012 9:17 am

Andy1927 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

You call us idiots Gwyn, but how you can honestly compare a football club to a business beggars belief..... Cardiff City is not M&S, Currys or Tescos(other stores are available :lol: ), and a large percentage of clubs run at a loss or at the very best just about break even. Owning a football club seems to me to be, for the majority of chairmen, about the love of the game or even a personal love for the club they own, and if the Malaysians wanted to get into something to make a massive profit then maybe they should have thought about investing in Peacocks instead of us. Football clubs are owned by the fans, even if only figuratively speaking.... they are the life blood of any club and spend massive percentages of their annual income to follow their clubs, so for the Malaysians to not have the decency to at least consult us over the decision to do away with a massive part of the clubs history was nothing short of callous and underhanded..... and the leak raises the question, when would we have been told? Would the first we knew about it be when we saw the team running out in their new colours and badges?.....

Yes I apologise, we are not a business, do you think you could be present at the negotiations when we try to sign any new players and explain we can only offer them £7.0 an hour because we aren't a business, we are a football club, hope this catches on, I can see it being very succesful, hang on is that Rooney ringing the club now to set up a deal. :lol: :lol:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Andy1927 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Yes I apologise, we are not a business, do you think you could be present at the negotiations when we try to sign any new players and explain we can only offer them £7.0 an hour because we aren't a business, we are a football club, hope this catches on, I can see it being very succesful, hang on is that Rooney ringing the club now to set up a deal. :lol: :lol:

I would have never taken you for a Glory Hunter Gwyn, and I mean that sincerely.... Can you honestly say you didn't enjoy watching City just as much through the 70's and 80's when we didn't have two pennies to rub together and were basically giving players boot money?...... Football clubs are the heart and souls of communities, and in South Wales that often means poor and deprived communities, and getting to the game on a weekend was often their only means of having a brief release from this. It didn't matter how successful, or not, your club was, it was about being able to get together with a load of mates on a Saturday, enjoy a pie and a pint, and cheer on your local club... but if all you now care about is being able to sign the likes of Rooney and co. then obviously we now have very differing opinions of what Cardiff City means to us.....

Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 am

I cant believe people cant see that a football club is a business now i can understand some of the views on the msg boards

Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 am

Andy, maybe Gwyn like me, feels he's done his time and earned his stripes at lower league level on wet tuesday nights with barely enough people huddled together to keep warm.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Andy, maybe Gwyn like me, feels he's done his time and earned his stripes at lower league level on wet tuesday nights with barely enough people huddled together to keep warm.

I'm sorry Craig, I didn't know there was anything to be earned.... and I would quite happily stand watching the City again on a wet Tuesday night, just as I was back in the eighties huddled together with a few others on the Bob Bank with the snow lashing down, whilst we could only achieve a draw against Port Talbot in the Welsh Cup.... Following City for me anyway, is about a love of THE CITY, not a means to an end to finally be able to get to some Holy Premier League.....

Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 am

Andy1927 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Andy, maybe Gwyn like me, feels he's done his time and earned his stripes at lower league level on wet tuesday nights with barely enough people huddled together to keep warm.

I'm sorry Craig, I didn't know there was anything to be earned.... and I would quite happily stand watching the City again on a wet Tuesday night, just as I was back in the eighties huddled together with a few others on the Bob Bank with the snow lashing down, whilst we could only achieve a draw against Port Talbot in the Welsh Cup.... Following City for me anyway, is about a love of THE CITY, not a means to an end to finally be able to get to some Holy Premier League.....

then why are you so against changing colour if your about following the city, that will always be there.

My point is, ive done the shit trips, ive done 75 away grounds......once, just once before its too late i would like to see CCFC playing at the big boys table

Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Andy1927 wrote:

then why are you so against changing colour if your about following the city, that will always be there.

My point is, ive done the shit trips, ive done 75 away grounds......once, just once before its too late i would like to see CCFC playing at the big boys table

I'm not opposed to a colour change, I'm opposed to the removal of the Bluebird..... and I also think some form of consultation would have been nice as nobody likes to be walked all over and told what they MUST do and put up with, especially when, like you, me and Gwyn, we have spent thousands of our hard earned pounds over the years on the club.... A little consideration goes a long way in my eyes, and that's all I would have liked... and the Bluebird to remain of course.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 am

BigGwynram wrote:

Correct Gwyn VT has no obligation to get permission from supporters before implimenting change. No doubt he has done market reaserch which has told him a red shirt and dragon badge would be a massive financial hit in the Far East.

On the flip side there is a sizable opposition to the plans by supporters in South Wales. If these fans vote with their feet then I am confident that VT has done his sums and knows he can live without them and make far more money from Asian marketing.

Sounds harsh but the business we are in is cut throat and we have to be mean lean and ruthless to succeed.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

Andy1927 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
Andy1927 wrote:

I'm not opposed to a colour change, I'm opposed to the removal of the Bluebird..... and I also think some form of consultation would have been nice as nobody likes to be walked all over and told what they MUST do and put up with, especially when, like you, me and Gwyn, we have spent thousands of our hard earned pounds over the years on the club.... A little consideration goes a long way in my eyes, and that's all I would have liked... and the Bluebird to remain of course.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There were plans in place to have the options discussed but the idiot who leaked it blew that out the water and a very hastily plan to get a meeting done with "fans leaders" so to speak was arranged, now everything is simmering down im sure the truth will come out. :ayatollah: