Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT A HOLLOW VICTORY

Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated, people still don't get it. I have said from the start and been shot down by many on both message boards and at both of the recent meetings I attended.

This man VT has put 40 million pounds into the club, as Julian Jenkins said, he could have walked into the office or simply sent an e mail saying the club are playing in red next year end of,
No what he did say was there was a real justification in his eyes that using red as the main shirt colour would help move us forward help us to grow especially in the far East regions. he didn't need to justify why he wanted this to happen, but he did, and to help with this colour change he promised to invest 100 million pound as equity, not a loan. The club would have been debt free and progressive.
Yet at the first meeting this week we had, .and even still tonight we have people talking about compromise and consultation. They are offended that this multi Billionaire business man with thousands of employees and business interest all around the world was not prepared to come and meet certain fans groups on a regular basis to consult them and run things by them.

Me personally and perhaps I’m just a Cardiff City whore, I am just grateful for what they have done to save us and what they were prepared to do to support us and move us forward.
Consultation, compromise, sorry, I would be happy to wear a suit of pink armour with Malaysian flags as our badge. Honour our history and our heritage, yeh Ok, we won a cup once, mind you we had a dragon then as our Club badge, but hey don’t let fact or detail get in the way.
Our history will always be there, no one was taking our history away, they were just trying to give us a future. How would people feel if our history and our future end next month because we have no investment?

Well some of our fans have proven their point and we have kept the Blue shirt, don’t know how long we can wear it for or where we can wear it, may be the Welsh League or even the Tool station league with Merthyr, but at least we’ll be in blue.
None of the fans in the meeting were happy to change the shirt colour to Red, I’m sure the management and directors and staff at the club weren’t happy. But a lot of us were prepared to accept it if that was the price to pay for the 100 million pound investment.
Others wanted to march, protest and organise petitions.
Well it looks like you wont need to now because the damage is done and the message as got through to them loud and clear.
If we have a future, at least it’s blue, a battle some feel they have won, but at what price.

Re: WHAT A HOLLOW VICTORY

Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 pm

BigGwynram wrote:SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated, people still don't get it. I have said from the start and been shot down by many on both message boards and at both of the recent meetings I attended.

This man VT has put 40 million pounds into the club, as Julian Jenkins said, he could have walked into the office or simply sent an e mail saying the club are playing in red next year end of,
No what he did say was there was a real justification in his eyes that using red as the main shirt colour would help move us forward help us to grow especially in the far East regions. he didn't need to justify why he wanted this to happen, but he did, and to help with this colour change he promised to invest 100 million pound as equity, not a loan. The club would have been debt free and progressive.
Yet at the first meeting this week we had, .and even still tonight we have people talking about compromise and consultation. They are offended that this multi Billionaire business man with thousands of employees and business interest all around the world was not prepared to come and meet certain fans groups on a regular basis to consult them and run things by them.

Me personally and perhaps I’m just a Cardiff City whore, I am just grateful for what they have done to save us and what they were prepared to do to support us and move us forward.
Consultation, compromise, sorry, I would be happy to wear a suit of pink armour with Malaysian flags as our badge. Honour our history and our heritage, yeh Ok, we won a cup once, mind you we had a dragon then as our Club badge, but hey don’t let fact or detail get in the way.
Our history will always be there, no one was taking our history away, they were just trying to give us a future. How would people feel if our history and our future end next month because we have no investment?

Well some of our fans have proven their point and we have kept the Blue shirt, don’t know how long we can wear it for or where we can wear it, may be the Welsh League or even the Tool station league with Merthyr, but at least we’ll be in blue.
None of the fans in the meeting were happy to change the shirt colour to Red, I’m sure the management and directors and staff at the club weren’t happy. But a lot of us were prepared to accept it if that was the price to pay for the 100 million pound investment.
Well it looks like you wont need to now because the damage is done and the message as got through to them loud and clear.
If we have a future, at least it’s blue, a battle some feel they have won, but at what price.

What about this gwyn
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78899
:oops:

Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Gwyn, my dealings with you have always been amicable but answer this question.

Have you been paid/asked to change opinion thus swaying fan support towards a red kit? A sudden change of stance is intriguing to me :old:

Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Julian was always a great salesman. Sold stacks of wood in his time too . We used to put him on the budget range as he could convince the punter it was first class . Always a loyal one too to the fella who put the cash on his hip !

Thu May 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Yeah. You seemed to have changed your tune a bit.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:04 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated, people still don't get it. I have said from the start and been shot down by many on both message boards and at both of the recent meetings I attended.

What about this gwyn
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78899
:oops:

Did you ever watch the League of gentlemen, do you have any sense of irony, did you notice it was in red, are you the only one who's head it went over. :o

Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Gwyn, my dealings with you have always been amicable but answer this question.

Have you been paid/asked to change opinion thus swaying fan support towards a red kit? A sudden change of stance is intriguing to me :old:

What was the free German trip on the Club about as you visited Stadia ?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:10 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Gwyn, my dealings with you have always been amicable but answer this question.

What change of stance, ask anyone in the meeting Tuesday and tonight where my feelings have been, said from day one, not happy with Red, but more than prepared to accept it, if that's the price we have to pay, said on Tuesday as did Tony Jeffries, we would rather keep the blue shirts, but we would support the team if the played in the nude, also said that as for the badge, if VT wanted us to have Malaysia flags instead of a dragon or a Bluebird, the he'd have no opposition from me.

I'm a proper City tart, do anything if the money is there and it helps the club.History, f**k history, I want a future.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:12 am

Daya wrote:

Which bit was free, the flights cost us £47 each and the hotel cost us £30 a night, I did offer to pay my share of the petrol for the lift to the airport, but they said there was no need.
Do you think it was a sweetener off the club to get my support for the red shirt plan, for f**k sake, get a life.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Daya wrote:

Which bit was free, the flights cost us £47 each and the hotel cost us £30 a night, I did offer to pay my share of the petrol for the lift to the airport, but they said there was no need.
Do you think it was a sweetener off the club to get my support for the red shirt plan, for f**k sake, get a life.

Did Julian tell you you were in first class ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously okay it wasn't free as others have said - but what was the purpose of it ?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 am

BigGwynram wrote:

What change of stance, ask anyone in the meeting Tuesday and tonight where my feelings have been, said from day one, not happy with Red, but more than prepared to accept it, if that's the price we have to pay, said on Tuesday as did Tony Jeffries, we would rather keep the blue shirts, but we would support the team if the played in the nude, also said that as for the badge, if VT wanted us to have Malaysia flags instead of a dragon or a Bluebird, the he'd have no opposition from me.

I'm a proper City tart, do anything if the money is there and it helps the club.History, f**k history, I want a future.

Dont you want some sort of identity other than the name?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

Gwyn,

Seriously now , can't you see or don't you fear where it would all end up , not just this stage but further down the road on this Asian dream !

I do actually admire your loyalty to your Club ( no piss take ) but dont you think you sometimes get too much blind faith at times that sways your judgement. Hammam pulled you in - you didn't believe he was doing what he was doing until it was exposed fully, dont you feel this could be the same ?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:20 am

Daya wrote:Gwyn,

Seriously now , can't you see or don't you fear where it would all end up , not just this stage but further down the road on this Asian dream !

I do actually admire your loyalty to your Club ( no piss take ) but dont you think you sometimes get too much blind faith at times that sways your judgement. Hammam pulled you in - you didn't believe he was doing what he was doing until it was exposed fully, dont you feel this could be the same ?

Riddler had you too - you wouldnt defend him in the Leeds boardroom now would you ?

What do you feel is different this time .

Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 am

We do not need Malaysian money, there are other forms of investment. I suggested Brains beer and other fooking "Welsh" businesses pull there fingers out of there cheeks and help the best team in Wales out.

Back in my day we all helped eachother, that's gone out of the window :old:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 am

BigGwynram wrote:

I totally respect your views Gwyn, but you also have to respect that many others feel differently.

On this occasion the club have not helped themselves and this could've been nipped in the bud Tuesday. All they needed to do was release a two paragraph statement on the official website, asking for fan feedback and ideas on how to incorporate Red and Dragons into the Cardiff City brand, to mark a new chapter in the clubs history.

Instead they did nothing in the public domain and let ill feeling fester for 2 and a half days. That is inexcusable and a massive error of judgement.

Whoever is in charge of PR at the club should resign with immediate effect.

This whole mess could quite easily have been turned into an opportunity that the fans would've bought into and felt apart of.

Everyone would've been a winner, but instead a massive % of our fan base have felt betrayed and alienated.

Blame firmly lies at the feet of everyone here including you,me, the club, the Malaysians and most importantly the racists who have used this as a vehicle to air their own bigoted views. But at the same time I also feel that the racism issue is being massively blown out of proportion. We're all adults here, it was CLEARLY isolated incidents and ultimately these people are small minded pricks that unfortunately you'll find in every walk of life, the world over.

I hope you see my post for what it is, debate. It's healthy and it's what the club should've invited within a couple of hours of the information being leaked...

Here's to a bright future for Cardiff City, I'm still confident that compromise will be made and common sense will prevail!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 am

BigGwynram wrote:SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated, people still don't get it. I have said from the start THIS IS A LOCAL CLUB FOR LOCAL PEOPLE,I'LL NOT BE HAVING ALL THAT RED NONSENSE AROUND THESE PARTS and been shot down by many on both message boards and at both of the recent meetings I attended.

sorry Gwyn you missed this bit out!!

Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 am

Daya wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Daya wrote:

Did Julian tell you you were in first class ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously okay it wasn't free as others have said - but what was the purpose of it ?

To look at many ways in which they handle things, such as generating atmosphere, entertaining the fans, providing a whole day package rather than a two hour window, how fans are policed and handled, how safe standing is provided etc etc. I think we all benefit and learnt things from the trip, hopefully these can be used to benefit our club and fans.

And as for a free trip, ask Julian how many times him or Nashy had to get the rounds in?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 am

moggs1306 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated, people still don't get it. I have said from the start THIS IS A LOCAL CLUB FOR LOCAL PEOPLE,I'LL NOT BE HAVING ALL THAT RED NONSENSE AROUND THESE PARTS and been shot down by many on both message boards and at both of the recent meetings I attended.

What bit?

Fri May 11, 2012 12:24 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Daya wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Daya wrote:

To look at many ways in which they handle things, such as generating atmosphere, entertaining the fans, providing a whole day package rather than a two hour window, how fans are policed and handled, how safe standing is provided etc etc. I think we all benefit and learnt things from the trip, hopefully these can be used to benefit our club and fans.

And as for a free trip, ask Julian how many times him or Nashy had to get the rounds in?

Out of interest how good was the safe standing ?

Jenkins will take the sugar out your tea - i can imagine

Fri May 11, 2012 12:25 am

BigGwynram wrote:
moggs1306 wrote:

What bit?
HIS IS A LOCAL CLUB FOR LOCAL PEOPLE,I'LL NOT BE HAVING ALL THAT RED NONSENSE AROUND THESE PARTS

Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 am

tell me more, I didn't know it was fully exposed, what have I missed.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
moggs1306 wrote:

What bit?
HIS IS A LOCAL CLUB FOR LOCAL PEOPLE,I'LL NOT BE HAVING ALL THAT RED NONSENSE AROUND THESE PARTS

Did you ever watch the League of gentlemen, do you have any sense of irony, did you notice it was in red, are you the only one who's head it went over.

I have learnt a lesson from this, when doing irony or sarcasm, I will leave explanatory notes at the bottom for those who find it a bit challenging. Any joke I put on in future will come with an idiots guide to punch lines.

BigGwynram

Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 am

BigGwynram wrote:

tell me more, I didn't know it was fully exposed, what have I missed.

plenty by the looks ! ( again) clearly you dont want to discuss but more take a swerve . no probs .

Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 am

BigGwynram wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
moggs1306 wrote:

What bit?

Did you ever watch the League of gentlemen, do you have any sense of irony, did you notice it was in red, are you the only one who's head it went over.

I have learnt a lesson from this, when doing irony or sarcasm, I will leave explanatory notes at the bottom for those who find it a bit challenging. Any joke I put on in future will come with an idiots guide to punch lines.

BigGwynram

thank f**k for that as your jokes are shit -

Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 am

not something to joke though is it Gwyn, as people on here including myself did have respect for your opinion, but this just makes you look as if you are playing fans and the club off each other.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:08 am

moggs1306 wrote:not something to joke though is it Gwyn, as people on here including myself did have respect for your opinion, but this just makes you look as if you are playing fans and the club off each other.

And how does using a line from a well known comedy series, to highlight the narrow minded blinkered approach some of our fans have to outside help, get mistaken as playing one another off against each other, it was a case of using irony to get a point over so that people may see how insular and narrow minded they really were.

Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 am

BigGwynram wrote:
moggs1306 wrote:not something to joke though is it Gwyn, as people on here including myself did have respect for your opinion, but this just makes you look as if you are playing fans and the club off each other.

And how does using a line from a well known comedy series, to highlight the narrow minded blinkered approach some of our fans have to outside help, get mistaken as playing one another off against each other, it was a case of using irony to get a point over so that people may see how insular and narrow minded they really were.

How dare people not get a raging hard-on at the dangle of Malaysian $$$$$

You said yourself that you are a tart; ever entertained the fact that you're the insular and narrow minded one? Y'know, thinking your own shit doesn't stink

Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 am

Gwyn firstly wasn't the 1927 badge the coat of Arms to the city of Cardiff ? And yes it had a WELSH dragon on it not an Asian Dragon. Vincent Tan is a very successful businessman with I believe no interest In football. But he has seen a opertunity to exploit the market in Asia. They have massive following of Liverpool and Man United but as I see it if he can get a club in the Prem with Malaysian owners colours and badges. Strip everything that is Welsh from it he would make a killing in the market. A Malaysian Club for Malaysian people.
And on another note I hate the term Fans leaders !! I don't ask anyone to represent me as we all have different views and when you have these meetings you put your own views, not mine or anyone else's.
It's like a closed shop and you can leave yourself open with trips that may seem to others as a bribe. On many issues I agree with you Gwyn on others I do not, the same can be said for Carl and Annis.
Some don't care for our colours or the Bluebird but to me it means the world. And that's when the so called fans leaders fall down for me it's to secretive.

Fri May 11, 2012 4:58 am

Gwyn there is no hollow victory here. The Malaysians tried to bring in changes behind our backs without consultation and it was leaked. Once this plan was unearthed, then and only then were they forced into holding emergency talks with us.During these talks they tried to bully us into submission but were not expecting the backlash and depth of feeling from a vast number of our supporters. Some of the fans leaders like yourself beleived that they would walk away if we opposed them and they have not. Others believed that we should at least show them the extent of our depth of feeling and this done through petitions and proposed meetings. Our strength of feeling has now been recognised and these plans have been halted. We must now take the opportunity to have proper discussion with our owners and both sides should move forward in the best interests of our club.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:37 am

Bluebird64 wrote:

Gwyn there is no hollow victory here. The Malaysians tried to bring in changes behind our backs without consultation and it was leaked. Once this plan was unearthed, then and only then were they forced into holding emergency talks with us.During these talks they tried to bully us into submission but were not expecting the backlash and depth of feeling from a vast number of our supporters. Some of the fans leaders like yourself beleived that they would walk away if we opposed them and they have not. Others believed that we should at least show them the extent of our depth of feeling and this done through petitions and proposed meetings. Our strength of feeling has now been recognised and these plans have been halted. We must now take the opportunity to have proper discussion with our owners and both sides should move forward in the best interests of our club.

You just don,t get it do you.How the hell have they tried to bully us into submission, absolute bollox. And who the hell are you to tell them they should consult with us and have proper discussion with us, "our" strength of feeling, surely you must mean your strength of feeling, have you done a straw poll of every city fan?

These people own the club, why do they have to consult with us, how many of his massively succesful business's run on a "you must ask our permission first approach.

And as for "we now must take the opportunity to move forward", are you stupid, without this mans good will we may even cease to exist and you see this as an opportunity to move forward.

Are you sure you weren't one of the people at the meeting who were so far up their own arse thinking he should be seeking their approval before doing anything.

ABSOLUTELY BONKERS>