Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Those who opposed the changes haven't killed our club!

Fri May 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:There is another way Mr Patronising. Don't live beyond our means.

I would rather be in the lower leagues and debt free than chasing a Premiership dream of avoiding relegation every season. In Premiership terms 100 million isn't that much money. I just see it as debt.

As for you thinking I should support Swansea for not being an arse-licking glory hunter - that's your issue. Unfortunately for you, those of us who were here when we were shit will always love CCFC regardless of our success on the pitch. If I wanted that above all else I would support Man United.

If we played in red and were rebranded the Dragons with Malaysian flags everywhere we would no longer be Cardiff City and I may as well become an Man city supporter.

Well said. Can't believe how many people will give up everything for money, utterly pathetic.
I don't think I've ever felt so separated from other city fans.
We're the Bluebirds, if you want to play in red and call yourselves the dragons, start your own team.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:They have saved part of our identity! I am proud to be one of the fans who opposed the changes and now the Malaysians have agreed to keep our Bluebird and start further discussions and plans. The amount of abuse we are taking for potentially "killing" our club is so over the top at the moment. The Malaysians are still with us and I would like to thank them for listening to those who were against the changes. Hopefully we can now sort out a compromise which will satisfy everyone. Well done to everyone who stood up to these changes and well done to the Malaysians for listening and respecting our wishes. I'm positive the Malaysians aren't bad people and are doing everything they can for us. They have taken unreasonable abuse, including pathetic racist comments. Our differing opinions on this forum have split us but now is the time to support our owners. I thank them for not going ahead with the changes, this shows they do care about us fans and I will back them with any future plans they have, as long as they don't drastically change our identity! :ayatollah:

great post and fully agree. Its been a crazy few days more drama than eastenders, better viewing this board than tv, and more debate than question time, the Red s & The Blue's been some heated debates emotions running high. But I dont think for one minute the thought of a petition or a few thousands fans marching in a protest would have swayed the Malaysians mind in the space of 2 days. I sadly think its the idiots through twitter and facebook who posted these stupid nasty comments have hurt them. Ironically they are prob young kids but they have hurt the owners.

Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm

[quote="Fergy1927"]There is another way Mr Patronising. Don't live beyond our means.

I would rather be in the lower leagues and debt free than chasing a Premiership dream of avoiding relegation every season. In Premiership terms 100 million isn't that much money. I just see it as debt.

As for you thinking I should support Swansea for not being an arse-licking glory hunter - that's your issue. Unfortunately for you, those of us who were here when we were shit will always love CCFC regardless of our success on the pitch. If I wanted that above all else I would support Man United.

If we played in red and were rebranded the Dragons with Malaysian flags everywhere we would no longer be Cardiff City and I may as well become an Man city supporter.[/quote

ok living within our means? mmm now how do we do that? lets see players from non league we can afford! pus playing in div 2 great maybe you like such footy but sure 99% dont, nowhere has it been suggested that we change name! prats wanting blood said it, so whats the problem playing in red? dont play in blue 20 odd games a season so not that much of a hardship is it for £100ml? or is it??

Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Horace wrote:What do we want as supporters of the Bluebirds? I have no mandate to speak for the majority but I would guess that a majority want to enjoy two or so hours a week watching high quality players play high quality football with results that go the right way for our team. Ideally we want to this to happen in a nice stadium with good facilities. We also want to be proud of our team and feel a bond and loyalty with it. We want to be part of a big crowd and feel special about our 'tribe' and city.
For all of that, on average 20,000 people paying £500 per season generate £10m to contribute to that dream. Add on another £2m for miscellaneous merchandise sales and the club can generate £12m per year.
Then we have sponsors ... contrary to popular belief not all cash paying and certainly not hundreds of thousands of pounds. That might at a push generate an extra £2m. Our total is now £14m.
What does it cost to support this dream. Kevin Nolan earns £50k per week, his colleague Noble earns £35k per week. Let’s assume that Bluebirds players average £15k per week for 36 weeks of the year. Total player payroll bill for 25 players is £13.5m. At this point we have £500,000 left and have not paid a single member of the coaching team, backroom staff, administration staff, match-day staff. We haven’t paid any fees, licenses, rent, grounds maintenance, insurance, agents etc, etc, etc. We haven’t paid any travel costs to get to the players to any games.
The simple economics is that the Club in its current form is not economically viable. But here’s the thing ... some guy has bailed the club out over the last two years injecting a lump sum and monthly amounts of £1m to a total value of £20m. This money has principally funded the weekly dream of twenty odd thousand people because their collective £10m season ticket money is not enough.
So what does this guy want in return? Ideally, he wants a feel good factor to ... the feel good factor of owning a football club because he can. If possible, he’d like to make some money ... a little profit.
How does he make this profit? Creating a brand that the Asian market and in particular the Malaysians are happy to buy into in terms of TV rights to Premiership Football, merchandising etc. Is this wrong for the Cardiff fans? No, it isn’t stopping them from getting what we defined earlier ... we’re just sharing the love on a global basis. It actually has the impact of supporting a greater likelihood of Cardiff fans in Cardiff achieving their dream.
How should this brand be created? Well Vince, TG and Alan had a plan. Before they had a chance to engage with supporters groups they needed to get it clear. That did not happen. Some loud mouth blabbed. Probably because it made that person feel important. The horse has now bolted, the stable door is wide open and “mum” is definitely not the word. Most importantly, the silent majority kept a watching brief. The vocal minority got on their high horses and made snap uniformed emotional judgements. Many became abusive and threatening. Many bigoted, ill educated and mindless morons failed to understand that the man who had funded their team’s achievements ... Carling Cup and play-offs ... was offering to put TEN SEASONS WORTH OF TICKET REVENUE into the Club and deliver the strongest platform to build their dreams.
All he asked to do was change a kit colour and badge. Disrespecting the history of the club? Nonsense! Building a future for the club? Absolutely! It is possible to change for the future but still appreciate and recognise history and the journey to this point. Cardiff City’s first ever strip was a chocolate brown and gold checkered shirt!! How many of the big-mouth’s that have been bumping their proverbial gums in the past couple of days knew that?
The fact that a guy who was prepared to commit £100m to create a dream has been abused by the dreamers he was trying to satisfy and who pay about £500 per year is a little ironic. The so called ‘fan’ representatives who jumped on the band wagon and threatened protests, petitions etc are just small minded egotistical fools who claim to be defenders of the history but in reality, they have bitten the hand that was feeding them and will most definitely consign the club to history rather than working toward a future.
Sadly, the vocal minority have yet again spoiled the future for the silent majority. The petition was signed by a total of people representing less than 20% of season ticket holders. Therefore, 80% DID NOT SIGN THE PETITION!! What’s more, not all the signatories were season ticket holders!
Due to bigoted prejudice and lack of intelligence a small number of fans have failed to see the real opportunity. Vince, they don’t deserve your help, investment or support. Perhaps the fans of the Team down the road might appreciate and support it more!

Fantastic post I just tried doing summit along these lines but you have summed up my thoughts beautifully, unfortunately footballers wages are the massive problem within football no different from our club to the next and we as fans are seeing more and more business models adopted by owners to try and sustain the wages, I am 100% for the FairPlay rules as this will bring parity to lower league football and will teach clubs that u must earn to spend and football clubs will need to be run like businesses to succeed in promotion etc it's a shame others don't understand this more as all VT has tried to is start Cardiff city the BRAND going throughout Asia to bring in revenue to support better players who earn higher wages to realise the premier league dream, the successful clubs under these rules will exploit opportunity something we may have just missed and the ones that sink will overspend and face point deduction embargos fines and possible relegations and more worrying liquidation

TWO BRILLIANT POSTS!! Very well said, totally in agreement with you both. We've bitten off the hand that feeds us. From where I see things the supporters of the branding aren't obessed with Prem football, they just realize that without investment the club cannot survive.
As for our 'fans leaders', who elected them? As you say, the silent majority want investment, the Wales on line poll confirms this. How can these people represent us, they are upholding their own views not the supporters of Cardiff City.
I read a post on here today that we should turn out in red and welcome TG when he arrives in Wales. I think that's a great idea. It's been a terrible week but let us, the silent majority show our investors that we appreciate how they have kept our club going and that we are not all bigoted, mindless, brainless, racists

Fri May 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:They have saved part of our identity! I am proud to be one of the fans who opposed the changes and now the Malaysians have agreed to keep our Bluebird and start further discussions and plans. The amount of abuse we are taking for potentially "killing" our club is so over the top at the moment. The Malaysians are still with us and I would like to thank them for listening to those who were against the changes. Hopefully we can now sort out a compromise which will satisfy everyone. Well done to everyone who stood up to these changes and well done to the Malaysians for listening and respecting our wishes. I'm positive the Malaysians aren't bad people and are doing everything they can for us. They have taken unreasonable abuse, including pathetic racist comments. Our differing opinions on this forum have split us but now is the time to support our owners. I thank them for not going ahead with the changes, this shows they do care about us fans and I will back them with any future plans they have, as long as they don't drastically change our identity! :ayatollah:

4sure??

Fri May 11, 2012 5:50 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:There is another way Mr Patronising. Don't live beyond our means.

If we played in red and were rebranded the Dragons with Malaysian flags everywhere we would no longer be Cardiff City and I may as well become an Man city supporter.

Well said. Can't believe how many people will give up everything for money, utterly pathetic.
We're the Bluebirds, if you want to play in red and call yourselves the dragons, start your own team.

The badge you wear is that of The Free Wales Army-the eagle of Eryri. What a paradox, here we have the chance to take Wales to a higher level in sport than we've ever enjoyed, to give our capital club a future as sound as it's proud history and to make youngsters all over Wales turn their backs on the Liverpools and Man Utds of this world and you oppose it. Your badge tells me you are a patriot your words make me think otherwise. Dros Gymru!

Fri May 11, 2012 6:13 pm

BlueGog wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

The badge you wear is that of The Free Wales Army-the eagle of Eryri. What a paradox, here we have the chance to take Wales to a higher level in sport than we've ever enjoyed, to give our capital club a future as sound as it's proud history and to make youngsters all over Wales turn their backs on the Liverpools and Man Utds of this world and you oppose it. Your badge tells me you are a patriot your words make me think otherwise. Dros Gymru!

And your name is bluegog :roll: :lol:

Yes my avatar is the white eagle of snowdon and image taken and used by the FWA.
Doesn't mean I want to see the death of the Bluebirds, the only club team I've ever supported.
Do I mind a bit of red on the kit, a red away kit or even a dragon somewhere on the kit.......NO.
Do I mind changing Cardiff to the CCFC Dragons who play in Red........YES.
There was never any guarantee that this drastic change would mean success, in fact it could do the opposite and alienate fans who've supported the club through thick and thin.
I don't mind compromise, what I minded was being dictated to and losing the name 'the bluebirds'.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 pm

[quote="smilebit"]You have just made Cardiff City will now be a nothing Club yet again and hellow barren years . This will spend the end of the Malaysians investment , the end of any hope of spending Big in the Transfer market . I hope fans will be happy when we go into Admin , have to sell our players and be a nothing Club again ; Only the Malaysians wanted/did invested in us when we have a chance of going up to the Prem , no other's did , not the so called BlueBirds fans that for sure , , nobody and sure as hell no-one is going to invest in us when we slip down the league go in to Admin see our best players leave and the attendance sing with out a trace.

Nice one lads and hello the barren years . I hope to GOD you are happy BIT DRAMATIC Perhaps we could compromise and play in red away it,s not as if the are going to come to our home games PLEASE KEEP OUR IDENTITY :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 pm

smilebit wrote:You have just made Cardiff City will now be a nothing Club yet again and hellow barren years . This will spend the end of the Malaysians investment , the end of any hope of spending Big in the Transfer market . I hope fans will be happy when we go into Admin , have to sell our players and be a nothing Club again ; Only the Malaysians wanted/did invested in us when we have a chance of going up to the Prem , no other's did , not the so called BlueBirds fans that for sure , , nobody and sure as hell no-one is going to invest in us when we slip down the league go in to Admin see our best players leave and the attendance sing with out a trace.

Nice one lads and hello the barren years . I hope to GOD you are happy

Stop spreading this garbage. If you read the Malaysians statement then they did not state that they were pulling the plug on us.There is no evidence to suggest that we will be going into administration at all. This scaremongering has to stop.

Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... badge.html

Sat May 12, 2012 4:07 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Stop spreading this garbage. If you read the Malaysians statement then they did not state that they were pulling the plug on us.There is no evidence to suggest that we will be going into administration at all. This scaremongering has to stop.

They'll pull out , because its an investment planned on the growth on Asia which now will not be there , no red kit no building a base and growth in Asia and please don't think top level business men or women don't take snubs to heart...

Anyway given the racists attacks and the general hatred aimed at the Malaysians , I don't blame them for pulling out on those grounds alone Don't worry you'll soon get your wish those foreigners will soon leave the Club and not dare to touch it again. Then we can look forward to Bluebirds saving the Club :roll: and Welsh and British investment in our Club :lol: Only problem no-one wanted to go near our Club when were in the Playoff's (2 seasons ago and having a chance to play in the Premiership) they're sure as hell want to go near us when the Malaysians pull out and we're back to be debit ridden Club sliding down the leagues and forced to sell off its best players .

Still we still be called the BlueBirds , even though the Club is actually Cardiff City :roll: . Onwards and downwards :ayatollah: