Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Thu May 10, 2012 9:13 pm

tell mr tan we will have the new kit and lets get out of the championship and into the premiership where we belong
be honest alot of our history went with ninian park lets start a new era or most of us may never see premiership football at cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Past few days have confused my brain and I havent given any opinion of it from people who have asked me but they are the owners of the club who own the club and can do what they like at the end of the day we have to support what ever they do.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stephen wrote:wait a minute carl it was not me or most of the fans that wanted a meeting in cardiff against the malayzians that didnt trust them it was annis and a lot of fans on this forum

They all respected we were having this meeting organised by the trust/supporters club, it was the vile on fb that hurt them.

Sorry Annis but there were plenty of racist and overboard insulting comments on this board.
I understand the passion and emotion people were feeling but I think some form of apology or statement that it wont be tolerated would be helpful.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I think because the story was leaked it made matters impossible and anger took over and if there had been a proper debate and correspondence with fans then I no developments would have been a lot different.

The person who leaked the information should be sacked.After V.T heard the fans were discontent with the possible changes he has backed down and I think if a debate with fans was set up as it should have been then a fair compromise between both sides would have been reached .

As much as I was so angry about the changes half my anger was I understood decisions had been made behind fans backs which led me to assume V.T only thought of his way or no way which fueled my anger and I felt let down.

We went through all this with Sam Hamman and those scares re opened.We care so passionately about are club that people were genuinely hurt and that hurt now for sure goes both ways.People have said some bad things but its all in anger.

Now I no more facts an this matter I feel sorry for V.T as I now believe he was just trying to better our club as a whole.

I think the situation has turned into an ugly mess and the slate needs to somehow be wiped clean and stated again.

I am glad we have kept the blue kit the badge etc which I am proud of.In future if the owners feal a change is needed then the correct channels in business should be followed and a better more positive response would follow.

This is a damaging situation and we all await the next paragragh in the rollercoster ride that is Cardiff City.

Thanks Carl.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Best post you have ever done Carl!

Its up to the fans and board to persuade the Malaysians to invest significant amounts of money to drive this club forward to the Prem.

If Carl says all of those details are close this could be a major step in Cardiffs quest for the Prem and a sustainable future. :ayatollah:

COME ON CITY FANS

Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Really don't understand all the backlash from some of you, you we;re all more then happy to wave them scarves in protest of ridsdale which weren't blue they were brown and yellow so they we're a different color. and when someone offers us 100 million to change our kit you all go ape shit? i personnaly was against the changing of the badge but the color of the kit didn't really bother me. what would you all rather a history in which we have one 1 fa cup and 23 welsh cups (they mean nothing) and a win over real Madrid or a future in which we could build to become a major force in English football and hopefully competing in the top 10 of the premiership? i know which one id pick. its easy for people to sit there typing 'your selling the soul' and so on when in actual fact im being realistic. there's a bloke who wants to invest a 100 million which will safeguard our future to play in red? bearing in mind that after these owners leave the next owner would be able to change the kit color back to blue anyway so its not as iff its permanent anyway

Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stephen wrote:wait a minute carl it was not me or most of the fans that wanted a meeting in cardiff against the malayzians that didnt trust them it was annis and a lot of fans on this forum

They all respected we were having this meeting organised by the trust/supporters club, it was the vile on fb that hurt them.

Why would multi millionaire business men go on facebook :lol:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 pm

If you believe they went on fb your idiot they were shown by someone. :roll:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If you believe they went on fb your idiot they were shown by someone. :roll:

:lol:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm

He's got $100 million worth of facebook shares so probably taking a keen interest

He sold one of his sites in exchange for shares to mr Mark facebook man

Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

bluebird15 wrote:Really don't understand all the backlash from some of you, you we;re all more then happy to wave them scarves in protest of ridsdale which weren't blue they were brown and yellow so they we're a different color. and when someone offers us 100 million to change our kit you all go ape shit? i personnaly was against the changing of the badge but the color of the kit didn't really bother me. what would you all rather a history in which we have one 1 fa cup and 23 welsh cups (they mean nothing) and a win over real Madrid or a future in which we could build to become a major force in English football and hopefully competing in the top 10 of the premiership? i know which one id pick. its easy for people to sit there typing 'your selling the soul' and so on when in actual fact im being realistic. there's a bloke who wants to invest a 100 million which will safeguard our future to play in red? bearing in mind that after these owners leave the next owner would be able to change the kit color back to blue anyway so its not as iff its permanent anyway

well said thats my thoughts exactly lets get up to the premeiship where we belong ans start a new era :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 pm

No disrespect Carl, I enjoy your posts and read them with interest, but for what it's worth and in my humble opinion, this post unfortunately has come 24 hours too late.

The future seems to have been sacrificed for past memories. I understand the sentiment, really I do, but in business, and this is what this is, you change or die, you grow or sink without trace. Three things in life are guaranteed, you are born, you die & you live through change.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

I totally agree with this

Thu May 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Well said Carl, I would love to see us remain in blue with our current club crest but if these changes mean our great club can survive and flourish in the future years then I would willingly accept the said changes. We have been called a sleeping giant for many a year and I have seen us play in every division in the football league except the premiership, Sam came along and gave us a nudge and fair play to him for that but Vincent Tan has grabbed hold of us and given us a shake in an attempt to truly wake us from our slumber. This guy seems to have a vision to take us forward and get us to where we all want to be mixing it in the premier league and hopefully even more. I truly hope it's not too late to salvage the situation and fans representatives can meet with TG on Sunday and hopefully get him to convince Vincent Tan to stick with us and help us achieve our dreams and goals. These guys definitely don't deserve any personal or racial abuse as they have kept our club afloat when we were under a transfer embargo and on the verge of being wound up by the HMRC very recently. We are all very passionate about our club and I think we should think with our heads and not our hearts on this one. In business these days people have to accept and embrace change to remain competitive or risk getting left behind, and football is truly becoming a worldwide business, Mr Tan seems to want to make us a more marketable proposition internationally to help generate greater revenue. As long as all this means we get to see a strong, successful team on the pitch playing at the top table and competing with those teams then hopefully it will see us all pulling together, directors, staff, players and fans. I just hope Mr Tan can be convinced we still want him and need him and a plan can still be put together to drive us forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I am definately no fan of Carl - but that post is exactly what we needed from a 'fans lEaDer' ( :D ).

Its just a shame it didnt come out a day or two back.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Philstantsrifle wrote:I am definately no fan of Carl - but that post is exactly what we needed from a 'fans lEaDer' ( :D ).

As some have noted via text and personal calls, I remained quiet on the issue to digest what was happening, what it meant and what the consequences would be if we failed to accept this investment package.

The picture became clearer this evening and on such an emotive issue I am glad I held back until I had charge of more facts.

Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Carl, i have been one the most vociferous of those who would be willing to change in the past few days. I've been called plenty of names and I've called people plenty of names.

But one thing i will do is defend you on the way you handled the situation. You did exactly what i was asking others to do, you remained quiet to allow yourself time to get your head around it all.

I wish others would have done the same. Like i said, i knew a while ago about the proposed changes and my first reaction was anger, but over time you cool down and are able to see with what i think is a more rational mindset.

I'm glad you didn't just go charging in like a bull to a red rag, i just wish everyone had held their tongues until more was known!

Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:Carl, i have been one the most vociferous of those who would be willing to change in the past few days. I've been called plenty of names and I've called people plenty of names.

But one thing i will do is defend you on the way you handled the situation. You did exactly what i was asking others to do, you remained quiet to allow yourself time to get your head around it all.

I wish others would have done the same. Like i said, i knew a while ago about the proposed changes and my first reaction was anger, but over time you cool down and are able to see with what i think is a more rational mindset.

I'm glad you didn't just go charging in like a bull to a red rag, i just wish everyone had held their tongues until more was known!

Cheers :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 pm

[b]You needed to post this during the chaos. for some reason people listen to your opinions.. this whole debacle has been handled atrociously.

Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Have seen a lot of differing opinions in the last few days and have to say some of them where abhorrent.

i never wanted to see ccfc in anything other than blue but to resort to racist insults and threats on facebook the minority of supporters have reached an all time low.

I honestly blame the club for a lack of official commounication and the offer of dialogue. However seeing the coments tonight that VT has beenn threatened on facebook sickened me. There is absolutely no justification for this and the keyboard heroes responsible should be ashamed.

I honestly hope that the malaysians can appreciate the passion we have for ccfc and the bluebird and can forge a relationship that will benefit us all. A few small minded "knuckle draggers" should not be allowed to spoil what could be a fantasctic future for our football club.

Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 am

I am against all forms of racism. However, personal insults are fine if they are in line with your values and are justified.

E.g. A Nigerian bloke punches my wife in the face. I wouldn't generalise and say I hated all Nigerians. I would dislike him though for his actions and I would be within my right to call him a prick for hitting my wife.

If someone threatens something or someone I love I will get insulted. I will therefore be insulting to them in an assertive way. I don't really care what anyone else thinks as my values have been threatened and I don't like people who do this. with tan, he made a threat. He backtracked after not realising the resistance to his daft idea which was for the people of Malaysia really. I am glad he backtracked. I am not against Malaysians though. I have spent time there recently and most people (they are footy mad there) have never heard of Cardiff City and they wear fake Premiership tops. this was tan misunderstanding football as a culture. His mistake not mine. I respect him and quite like him for being big enough to back down. I won't lick his arse though. I didn't like him yesterday because he threatened something really close to me. I like him today for listening to the reaction and changing his mind.

Well done VT.

Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 am

I felt sick when i heard about the re-branding.....i feel far worse now and am ashamed of some of our "fans" remarks. I was against the changes but always maintained that dialogue was the only way forward. I bet these turnips who were marching dont even know where the ccs is. I pray we still have a club left. I hope VT/TG realise its only a few dickheads. None of us wanted the changes, the way we as fans dealt with the leak was abhorrent.

The person who leaked has a lot to answer for as if the club are right that they planned on talking with groups first, this moron has fucked it right up.....I hope his 2 minutes of fame was worth it.

Fri May 11, 2012 6:21 am

Comprimise is an asain thing. Too many people here reacted too quickly ( rightly or wrongly ) and gave their opinions before looking at the big picture. Raising your voice and showing signs of anger are considered as disrespectful by asains. A slanging match, protest or the like will do no good in resolving this.
If VT was given the chance to put forward his plans in the way he wanted, he of course would have expected some backlash and would have already been prepared to comprimise.
History is history and this can never be taken away. I for one was not happy for us to lose our identity. We are and i hope we always will be BLOOOOOOOBIRDS, don't forget lads, to everybody else we're sheepshaggers.
CALM DOWN FFS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 6:45 am

Jackarmy20 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Why would multi millionaire business men go on facebook :lol:

Don't suppose they do, but the press and media do, and they highlight and quote some of these comments back in the press for all of Malaysia to read.
And i think even successful multi millionaires my read papers, you know, newspapers , the things you have down West on little squares hanging on you bog door.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:19 am

As stated earlier person who leaked this info before it could be presented to us and explained fully as a package could have put the future of City at risk .

Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 am

carlccfc wrote:
Philstantsrifle wrote:I am definately no fan of Carl - but that post is exactly what we needed from a 'fans

As some have noted via text and personal calls, I remained quiet on the issue to digest what was happening, what it meant and what the consequences would be if we failed to accept this investment package.

The picture became clearer this evening and on such an emotive issue I am glad I held back until I had charge of more facts.

This was evidently the right thing to do and well done Carl. Its just a pity some others didn't do the same. I hope the relationship with TG and Vincent Tan has not been damaged beyond repair.

These men have been nothing but honourable and should be given the respect they deserve for saving our club.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 am

djwayne wrote:Have seen a lot of differing opinions in the last few days and have to say some of them where abhorrent.

i never wanted to see ccfc in anything other than blue but to resort to racist insults and threats on facebook the minority of supporters have reached an all time low.

I honestly blame the club for a lack of official commounication and the offer of dialogue. However seeing the coments tonight that VT has beenn threatened on facebook sickened me. There is absolutely no justification for this and the keyboard heroes responsible should be ashamed.

I honestly hope that the malaysians can appreciate the passion we have for ccfc and the bluebird and can forge a relationship that will benefit us all. A few small minded "knuckle draggers" should not be allowed to spoil what could be a fantasctic future for our football club.

Have to agree here, People should be able to put an arguement/point accross with out it resorting to abuse or threats.

Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 am

The "leak" was probably authorised.

They knew full well that all the changes they wanted to make would cause upset with the fans.

The racial and personal abuse is of course not right and those guilty should be ashamed of themselves.

But just read how the worm has turned.
Yes, lets change the colours.
Yes, lets change the badge.
Yes, lets drop Bluebirds.

Who knows, in the future...
Yes, Lets be called the South Wales Dragons.

We do need investment and change, of course, is something that we all need to move forward but please lets not kiss the ass of a benifactor just because they threaten to throw their dummy out of the pram. These people are business men. They knew all along what the reaction would be.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 am

carlccfc wrote:I have just returned from another meeting with other fan’s representatives at the CCS, you will all have read the open letter penned by TG by now I am sure. On Tuesday the topic of rebranding Cardiff City was discussed in a hastily arranged meeting because of somebody leaking the story via the internet, the club had certain time frames and meetings planned with the fan’s representatives but this was taken away from the club to fully present the idea behind the re-branding.

Of course we all accept whether or not the story was leaked the rebranding was going an emotive issue to each and every fan. But the club has not been afforded their right to properly show the whole package and reasons, so we can understand, what the package means for our club.

Personally I want the cake and I want to eat it ( I wanted to remain blue, keep our badge as it is and have £100million of Vincent Tan’s investment) but that was not the investment package, we all know what it is and anyone who thinks that the £100million was not serious I can hand on heart tell you that I believe it was for real and it would have changed this football club for the better.
Vincent Tan has thus far pumped in close on £40million of his own money and has not taken a penny out; he was willing to pump in another £60million and turn every penny into equity, leaving this club debt free.

The Malaysians were surprised at the level of reaction from some of the fans, even though they expected some form of backlash, some of the abuse I have heard tonight that he has received has been totally unjust and downright sickening. From burning of Malaysian flags and personal threats are beyond the pale and this must not continue, I urge every fan to consider what they write on social networks and message boards and just think what this man has done for our club so far, his intention was never to upset us but he genuinely believes he can make this club the real deal.

Whether it is a lack of understanding of both cultures, the one thing that cannot be right anywhere around the world is racial and personal abuse.

Alan Whiteley approached Vincent Tan about the badge yesterday and Vincent agreed to have the Bluebird placed back on to the badge as he understood what the Bluebird signified too many of us. A compromise was reached, maybe it is not the best compromise, maybe others didn’t want a compromise and simply want to stay blue and as we are, but Vincent Tan wants to make this club a global brand and he has an idea of how to achieve it, can we argue with his previous record of making money and marketing?

So where do we go from here?

Firstly I would suggest that any demonstrations and fan’s meeting are left well alone, the abuse and anti-Malaysian posting on Facebook, Twitter and message boards stop.

We must show Vincent Tan that we are not personally against this man, yes we feel strongly about our club and our identity but it is right that we protect the future of the club in the long term also.

TG is flying in on Sunday in readiness for the scheduled board meeting next Monday, hopefully TG and Alan Whiteley can convince Vincent Tan that we are not anti-Malaysian, flag burning people but we do welcome him into our club.

It is not all lost, Vincent Tan has not walked away and Alan Whiteley believes he can reassure Vincent Tan that it is not personal but Vincent Tan was hurt by the hateful remarks said and that must stop.

I was there when the Malaysians arrived and we had a Malaysian flag welcoming committee for them, we have an opportunity as Cardiff City fans to embrace the real good times and celebrate success for many years but there must be give and take from us as well as the Malaysians, they have given us 40 million reasons so far to realise they are serious about their commitment in our club, they do not like confrontation and have been hurt by some of what has been written in the past 48 hours.

Langston are so close to being settled I can smell it, the stadium expansion plans are with the architects right now, club officials have been all over the Premier League club’s training facilities taking all the best bits so we can incorporate their best into ours, Malky Mackay and Alan Whiteley have been discussing the players Malky has identified he wants most of the day.

Can we recover from this, I believe we can, but that will only happen if City fans believe in what the Malaysians say they are going to do for this football club.

At the moment Vincent Tan is considering his options, do I want to see him driven from our club, no I do not.

Let’s debate the situation but let’s keep it sensible and on the side of decency.

Sounds good enough for me.

Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 am

Mynachdy wrote:The "leak" was probably authorised.

They knew full well that all the changes they wanted to make would cause upset with the fans.

The racial and personal abuse is of course not right and those guilty should be ashamed of themselves.

But just read how the worm has turned.
Yes, lets change the colours.
Yes, lets change the badge.
Yes, lets drop Bluebirds.

Who knows, in the future...
Yes, Lets be called the South Wales Dragons.

We do need investment and change, of course, is something that we all need to move forward but please lets not kiss the ass of a benifactor just because they threaten to throw their dummy out of the pram. These people are business men. They knew all along what the reaction would be.

The leak was 100% not authorised.