Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
castleblue wrote: Football League rules allow all clubs to wear their away kits at one home game each season, if we have a blue away kit this gives an option to show respect to our past by wearing that kit at a home fixture.

Castle you are a bloody genius, get this info to Alan Whitley ASP

I second this!

Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

Prehaps those at the top of both msg boards will learn from this as they are all to blame for not stamping it out and are now reeling from the backlash

Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:i think carl people are beginning to realise we must have some sort of compromise, if its going to be that well ok red shirt bluebird badge can still say bluebirds! no change is not an option if want VT to stay and there is no option, gut feeling is all will be sorted and we will go forward from here which i believe will lead to something bigger and premiership status! hopefully next week is the beginning not the end!

for that to happen (and I already think its too late) very evry radical action would need to be taken - the banning of racists and the vast majority of fans saying they would want the changes is the only thing that I can possibly think of that could remedy this situation - but I think VT and TG are honest and decent men and I suspect they have already decided this is not the club for them after all the garbage they've had to put up with.

Surely as intelligent men they recognise that all societies and therefore all football teams have a small element of undesirable and uneducated people. They can't hold that against the rest of us who are well mannered and respectful. People had a right to object to the changes and signing a petition to object to them is not a crime...it just shows how passionate many fans are about the history and tradition of our Club. If the plans had not been leaked VT and TG would have had a chance to explain to us what they wanted to do and why they wanted to do it. If they had done so the reaction would have been much more measured, I'm sure. We need to apologise for those idiots who made the insults but we deserve a chance to sit down, listen and discuss these plans properly. To deny the majority of decent fans this opportunity because of the actions of a few idiots would be grossly unfair. Effectively a few mindless morons could change the future of this football club forever...and not in a good way. I'm sure that VT and TG recognise that and I'm sure they would tell you that they have been very warmly received by the vast majority of fans at this football club.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Die Walkure wrote:What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

This HAS to be done, Carl.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Thank you for a voice of reason on this one Carl.

The alleged racism is disgraceful and must stop. They came here to improve the club and get us to the premier league with the intention of broadcasting our matches on their TV to millions of people. These plans would have put us at a great advantage in the Asian market as a whole.

Borley's tweets have been very morbid tonight, saying that serious damage has been done and it's a long, tough road to rescuing this and I believe that as a club and fans, we should do everything to make them feel welcome.

Could we have a large number of fans there with Malaysian flags in support of them to make them feel welcome again? Try to restore the faith they have in us, the fans.

#inTGwetrust

Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm

The pathetic racists were probably anti-John Terry a few weeks ago.

A compromise is perfect. Turning the home kit red and keeping the Bluebirds is good for me. Well worth the investment for the Malaysians.

TG and VT are heroes in my eyes.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 pm

well done carl a good update . just hope we as real supporters dont get punished for the few a--holes as bt sayes its good to talk :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Robbiwee wrote:Is the shirt staying blue or not? BBC Wales said it was, but this thread still has a whiff of sellout about it.

Yes it is :ayatollah:

But if we go red shirt with bluebird crests we don't need people moaning and protesting about that! Don't f**k things up again! Least we keep our bluebird and nickname as the bluebirds thats the main thing i rekan

Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great post Carlos and that was just the ticket to get Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun back on board. I have a feeling that when news of the backlash from the silent majority against the racist knobheads reaches the ears of our saviour it will go a long way to repairing the damage they have done.

We have to change the way we behave and this thread is a bloody good start in moving in the right direction

Are you serious.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 pm

jbirdrules wrote:Cannot believe some of the thick c**t chavs that would burn Malaysian flag against people who have only wanted to help the club.

Disgusting and sometimes it makes me ashamed to assossiate myself with these assholes. :roll:

Not being funny mate but your choice of language is not exactly polite and respectful either and lots of kids reads these MB's.

Thats the problem with MB's, there is little to stop a very public display of words that people think little about when posting as they are in reality talking to themselves at the time but posting to the world.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Carl get Tan to do an open meeting and presentation all ST holders so we can see his side of it , I like other fans are open to compromise and listen to him and him listen to us . Yes thanks for the £40 mil but please work with us , our season tickets keep City going !

Thats what I have been saying all along. Its the leak that has caused lots of us (myself included) to see red (excuse the pun). And certainly with the rumour that the red colours had already been registered and was non negotiable, was there anything in this Carl?

A presentation is a great idea, I am dead against red dragons but not against compromise (having calmed down!), if it benefits our great club in any way.

Another question I haven't seen answered is - is there any evidence of a red rebranding working in the far east in terms of generating large sums of money, and why haven't Tony Fernandez done it at QPR?

Finally I am cringing at the personal and racial insults aimed at our owners by those who let us and themselves down, and feel bad for saying an emotive 'do one' to VT on my first responsive post after the leak. :oops: Being honest.

But at the end of the day just like Carl I want it all, Bluebirds , Blue kit and 100 mill! :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm

dannyblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great post Carlos and that was just the ticket to get Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun back on board. I have a feeling that when news of the backlash from the silent majority against the racist knobheads reaches the ears of our saviour it will go a long way to repairing the damage they have done.

We have to change the way we behave and this thread is a bloody good start in moving in the right direction

Are you serious.

Yes I am serious :?

Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

Never a truer word. I am afraid to say that you Carl and Mr Annis have run a message board here with little realisation of the damage irresponsible posting and liberal moderating can cause. The opposite of honour is shame. I know what I feel today as Cardiff City supporter of too many years to mention. we all know the names of those who have been let to run riot on this board with outrageous comments.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:25 pm

surely we are only talking about a few racist idiots anyway?? they might even be fans of other clubs causing trouble, and have. need to be outed nt brushed under the carpet.....out them :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

There is no room for racism at Cardiff City FC.

I will say though that there have been a lot of fans of other teams on here stirring things up over the last few days.

fanning the flames of a highly heated debate.

I think this board needs a clean up....maybe a rebrand. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree - some of the posters involved have not been city fans. They seem to have gone very quiet tonight too.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

there we are we compromised. red shirt. keep the badge. fine by me, and the blue shirt away kit.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I agree - some of the posters involved have not been city fans. They seem to have gone very quiet tonight too.

Yes that is very noticeable, perhaps they think it is job done.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:34 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
Another question I haven't seen answered is - is there any evidence of a red rebranding working in the far east in terms of generating large sums of money, and why haven't Tony Fernandez done it at QPR?

Yes many marketing experts have confirmed that it sounds business sense to change to red and why hasn't Tony Fernandez thought of this? - It's Because (1) TG is by far the more successful businessman (2) unlike QPR we as a nation have associations with the colour red and the dragon as a symbol

Thu May 10, 2012 8:36 pm

After watching the City for nearly 50 years I thought I had experienced every emotion possible. Wrong !!! . The last two days and the last few hours in particular have been gut wrenching.
We must show V.T. that the vast majority of City fans would welcome with open arms the type of proposed investment but due to the unfortunate leak it hit us like a bombshell.
Hope and pray that bridges can be built and that common sense can rule in the end but in all honesty could you blame V.T. If he walked ?

Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:Thank you Carl. I watched in disbelief today as someone called SavetheBluebirds called for flag burning - he was also responsible for many oif the more aggresive and abusve posts on here. I note that these posts now seem to have been removed. I sincerely hope Mr Tan does not believe that all city fans were prepared to stoop to such levels. In fact, do we know for sure that some of these abusive posts even came from our fans?

I sincerely hope that the relationshiop with our benefactors can be repaired. How anyonbe could doubt there committment was beyond me - we have all seen them at the CCS and the joy they show when walking around the pitch is so obviously genuine. I met TG and his wife when you took and posted photo of them talking to my son outside the ground and thier interest in him made his day.

Personally, I was against the rebranding but commented today that I was prepared to listen to what the club had to say before deciding how best to get my feelings across to them - rotest marches are not my style. Now, it seems I don't need to do that as the rebranding has been scrapped, but at what cost?

There was a thread discussing what would be considered "bad publicity" for Tan in Malaysia. I pointed out that flag burning would be considered that. I also predicted that such an activity would occur in any protest. Just as it has done in other football protests eg Liverpool FC vs Tom Hicks of the USA. ( Which actually hastened his departure ... for new American owners)

Britain has no crime of "flag desecration", nor should it. They have desecrated OUR culture.They have attempted to destroy OUR flag. So to many supporters, there is something poetic about our attackers suffering ignimony in such a way.

The club's chairman has ridiculed us with his ignorance and disinterest. He has mocked what is so important to us.
So he can't really complain about us relieving our anger with some mocking back.

We need to save our club from bullies and oppressors. I will not shed any tears for Mr Tan if his "feelings are hurt" by any protestors.

Tan has claimed there is some sort of union between Cardiff and Malaysia. I fail to see what we have in common with a)some one who calls our culture a brand b) someone who has no interest in/respect for our culture and c) promotes a country which applies strict Sharia law ( including caning of women for drinking alcohol!), has a pretty poor human rights record AND one of the least free press in the World.

Earlier today, I felt we may have won a small battle, but were wholly ill-equiped for a fairly inevitable war. Now, I believe too many people will be blagged by theses people. And I'm not even sure if this battle will be won any time soon. Compromise here sounds like compromise with a burglar in your house, IMO.

Tan is up to a pr offensive, and too many people are falling for it. The most gullible are thinking "if we don't bend over he'll kill the club".Speak to people in the "football brand business" and you'll see where this is heading. Franchises, mergers, fixed "Super" leagues in Europe and beyond. If you think playing in red is cringeworth or outrageous you haven't seen anything yet.

BTW, I'm a regular ST holder ( won't be renewing on acct of certain things I'd found out) and its the Tan apologists who are the ones who need to have their loyalty questioned, IMO.Not those who want to fight for our survival.

If he wants dialogue, common purpose and respect well thats up to him. But until now, he's made it look very clear that much of this he considered beneath him, IMO

Thu May 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Can't help but feel the damage has been done. Any attempt now to rectify will just prove we only want this guy for his money.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Well said Carl. Lets all remember to have a history you got to have a future, and VT is our future if it wasnt for him walking into our club two years ago where would city be now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Well said Carl. Great post, taking sense. Something sadly lacking here. People need to be aware that they could face prosecution for racial abuse. That lad that did so towards Muamba will testify to that. I don't want the badge change but do I want to see Cardiff City do well, on the field and off....in the prem ideally. We have a chance to achieve that if we are prepared to open our eyes.

Cardiff City were never blue originally although they have played in that colour for longer than any other colour. Leeds U changed their kit colour from blue and yellow to all white under Don Revie in order to emulate Real Madrid - it certainly hasn't done them or their history any harm.

Personally I would support Cardiff City if they played in pink! I support the team first, the colour second.

People moan constantly about previous managers and previous owners, what they should have done or what they haven't done. Well we have The Malaysians that are prepared to actually DO what they say will be done.

I am saddened to see opinions divided to the extent where personal abuse and racism has reared their ugly heads.

From what I can see we haven't changed as a club....we are still a bunch of narrow-minded hooligans that revel in the 'glory' day's where a ruck was the most exciting part of a football match. We are supposed to be Cardiff City - A Family Club. We wouldn't behave like this in our jobs because we know it's unacceptable and would get us fired.

For those that aren't renewing or threatening to reject Cardiff City... I say good riddance, because you probably wouldnt be happy if we were in the Prem anyway. Frankly Carl and Annis, Merlin and the mods. It's good you allow so much freedom of speech on here, but I think it's become fever pitch and this forum is partly responsible as much as any other social media.

To those rejecting the rebrand.....haven't we already rebranded with a modern state of the art stadium and a family environment, compared to the darker days of third and fourth decision football?

Everyone does have a right to express their views, but not at the expense of indecency and narrow-mindedness.

No one is saying that we have to forget the history of the last 100 years....it is what it is....history, but to succeed we need to move forward and not look back. Embrace change or do what we have been doing..... and that's wallowing in the past and self pity.

Those that say "I'd rather be non league in blue than in the Prem and red.....you will get your wish if the Malaysians decide to walk away or sell us on to recoup some of the 40 mil they have pumped into our great club. How long would it be in league 2 in blue before we wine "we are a massive club why doesn't someone invest?" well who wants to invest in a club that threatens and abuses the people that are trying to make us a massive club?

If we do remain blue and in league 2 I will still be there supporting, but with half a mind on what could have been or even what should have been. Remember you support Cardiff City...the bluebirds is a nickname and history is simply that!

Carl, this is your most insightful post ever. I hope people take note and i desperately hope all is not lost.

Im struggling to see how intelligent succesful business men are unable to rationalise some of the reacctions they have seen.

How many of idiots actually sent/posted ridiculous racist and/or threatening emails?
Maybe 50-100, yet there are tens of thousands of City fans who would never dream of doing it and actually welcomed the changes.

How many people who created this obscene reaction were actually City fans and not just rival fans causing trouble or were people with multiple usernames?

How many of the progtaganists had their own agenda in mind? Maybe thinking that their status in the club inner circle would diminish if the Malaysians took full control.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Well said Carl. Better late than never. Just hope it is not too late for the future of our club.

:( :( :(

Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 pm

All to little to late i fear

Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 pm

wait a minute carl it was not me or most of the fans that wanted a meeting in cardiff against the malayzians that didnt trust them it was annis and a lot of fans on this forum

Thu May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

stephen wrote:wait a minute carl it was not me or most of the fans that wanted a meeting in cardiff against the malayzians that didnt trust them it was annis and a lot of fans on this forum

They all respected we were having this meeting organised by the trust/supporters club, it was the vile on fb that hurt them.