Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Carl get Tan to do an open meeting and presentation all ST holders so we can see his side of it , I like other fans are open to compromise and listen to him and him listen to us . Yes thanks for the £40 mil but please work with us , our season tickets keep City going !

Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 pm

the tone of the letter issued by tg is not good hope theres something still there to be got :cry: :ayatollah:

I'm over the moon that the Bluebird is staying as that was my biggest gripe, but what are the chances of some red/blue combination on the shirt Carl, a la Barcelona or Crystal Palace, or were TG and VT adamant that it had to be purely red?

moonboots wrote:An apology from the representatives of this forum for allowing anti-Malaysian comments on here would be a good start towards putting the situation right.

absolutely

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:CARL WOULD YOU BE HAPPY WITH A RED TOP AND BLUEBIRDS AS THE CREST??

I think this is going to be and always has been "the compromise"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

PtB wrote:Not your fault Carl but it would have helped had much of this info been put out on Tuesday too.

^^^ yes, I fell all this is too little too late. Much of his could have been posted last night or the night before to avert what was to come. But you chose not to and you chose not to denounce the racist abuse until after your and Annis' agendas were achieved. Why is this Carl??? shocking!!!!

Carl I feel this evening our club is at a crossroads and it is essential the right decisions are made for the longterm future of our club.

VT has a plan and we should show both TG & VT respect by listening to what they have in mind and if changing shirts to Red is an option we should not be afraid to take it up. Football League rules allow all clubs to wear their away kits at one home game each season, if we have a blue away kit this gives an option to show respect to our past by wearing that kit at a home fixture.

If VT plan doesn't work we can always go back to our traditional kit so why not trust him and move straight on at the crossroads together and as one.

TG & VT are in my opinion not just good businessmen but men with charm, dignity and above all else integrity and deserve better than abuse from any section of our fanbase. However small.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:48 pm

As long as we do not change colours and the Malaysians stay then I am happy.
I hope to god that on monday the fans representatives etc can apologise to TG on behalf of the fans. They did not deserve to be racially abused.

I dont think money needs to be wasted on training ground or stadium expansion though. Those countless millions of pounds could go towards reducing debts and backing Malky. The Vale is a perfect training ground for our level and we do not need a stadium expansion untill we are established in the premiership

Thu May 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Cannot believe some of the thick c**t chavs that would burn Malaysian flag against people who have only wanted to help the club.

Disgusting and sometimes it makes me ashamed to assossiate myself with these assholes. :roll:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Great post Carlos and that was just the ticket to get Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun back on board. I have a feeling that when news of the backlash from the silent majority against the racist knobheads reaches the ears of our saviour it will go a long way to repairing the damage they have done.

We have to change the way we behave and this thread is a bloody good start in moving in the right direction

Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Lets hope they dont walk.....but the amount of personal abuse flying round i would not be surprised if they did...i only wish you were as fair to them on tuesday night are you are being tonight :old:
Last edited by citygardens73 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm

We needed to refrain from emotionally charged statements. You stoke up the masses into a frenzy and you then get a few that cannot handle that sort of feeling within them they argue the only way they can and that is with anger. Some then take the anger further and resort to racism whether it is mild or downright vulgar and distasteful.

There are fans that carry a lot of weight when they talk and although not their fault they must start to recognise that their words can be used in some appalling ways.

I like the fact that any investment may be saved but what happens if the plan is not changed enough for some fans? We will end up in the same situation again.

Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

Is the shirt staying blue or not? BBC Wales said it was, but this thread still has a whiff of sellout about it.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Robbiwee wrote:Is the shirt staying blue or not? BBC Wales said it was, but this thread still has a whiff of sellout about it.

Yes it is :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm

castleblue wrote: Football League rules allow all clubs to wear their away kits at one home game each season, if we have a blue away kit this gives an option to show respect to our past by wearing that kit at a home fixture.

Castle you are a bloody genius, get this info to Alan Whitley ASP

Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:What I don't like is that all of us that were against the rebrand are suddenly being all tarred with the same brush.
Most of us are NOT anti malaysian. Most of us did NOT post or send abuse, or threaten anything.
The protests and fans meetings that were planned were NOT an attempt at pushing VT or TG out of the club, but to show them both how much we care about our clubs identity.
It is sad that all that has been missed because a small number of idiots did post abuse and such.

of course most of those who opposed the change are honourable decent people who were just making their views known in a peaceful way.

Unfortunately when a few brain dead numbskulls start posting abuse and racist insults it is that that gets remembered.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Well said Carl. I wasn't supportive of the rebranding but never wanted VT out or any of this abuse towards him, just a bit of compromise and reconsideration regarding the rebranding. Without him we wouldn't even be talking about £100m worth of investment. Honestly didn't think they'd actually consider pulling out altogether over this, as I assumed they knew there would be some negative responses. Then again, no one expected the vile messages that they got from a minority of people.

I do want the blue of Cardiff, but events over the past few days have made me realise that I think was the club intact more.
Last edited by BradSK on Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

The powers that be might not like this, but great post ihatealiens well said mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Well I'm sorry Carl everything starts from the top. This forum had the opportunity to show that the fans were willing to listen to the options put on the table by VT and TG. However it did not do so. A poor example was set by so called fans leaders on here and like sheep many fans followed and fanned the flames, look where it's got us. In my view, and I have got to know TG quite well over the last 18 months, he is a very honourable man and so is VT, and they will have been deeply hurt by the racist comments all over the net and indeed some of the comments on here by our very own Annis Abraham, our investment is dead in the water. Speaking as one of the elder Cardiff City fans (I like to think old age brings with it a little bit of wisdom) it would be nice to see "the fans leaders" being far more careful in what they say on this forum because their words heavily influence the younger elements of the Cardiff City Fan Base and I think a good starting point would be a formal apology on here to VT and TG for the bad example set by "fans leaders" and made a sticky - it may go a little way to repairing matters, although I highly doubt that, but would however restore some little dignity that us Cardiff City fans have at the moment :ayatollah:

The powers that be might not like this, but great post ihatealiens well said mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It had to be said a little bit of humility doesnt hurt anyone from time to time. It takes a big man to apologise and say he was wrong.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
moonboots wrote:An apology from the representatives of this forum for allowing anti-Malaysian comments on here would be a good start towards putting the situation right.

absolutely

If you seen them why didnt you report them?
We can only delete what we see. We do what we can when we can, this is not our job at the end of the day so everyone has a responsibility to help get rid of any racists comments.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 pm

This message board say sorry - really, they are always right and always have the club at the front of their mind dont you know, thats why they are part of the problem with leaks and allowing idiots to post such hatred towards Tan etc...

Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

having been born of mixed race parentage i have to say some of the racial abuse aimed at vt and tg is nothing short off disgusting my father was born in cardiff so was his father before that i lived thru the late 70s early 80s with the nf so i know racism in its many forms red top blue top it has gone beyond that now you know who the posters are who incited the hate posts u have a duty to ban them forever off this site so please do it before the police get involved as they will i think its too late for things to go back to being how they were with the malaysians but with people offering to go to little to late cardiff in my eyes always had a bit of racism but most people were fine as we were a multi racial /culteral mix being a port area tiger bay etc but this is a post or two to much ban em

Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Die Walkure wrote:What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

Our moderators know who they are Annis and Carl need to get them to apologise unreservedly

Thu May 10, 2012 8:01 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:What I don't like is that all of us that were against the rebrand are suddenly being all tarred with the same brush.
Most of us are NOT anti malaysian. Most of us did NOT post or send abuse, or threaten anything.
The protests and fans meetings that were planned were NOT an attempt at pushing VT or TG out of the club, but to show them both how much we care about our clubs identity.
It is sad that all that has been missed because a small number of idiots did post abuse and such.

I had a good old argument with you last night WelshBluebird and whilst we were never going to agree with each other the debate was healthy and honest.

I can understand that there will be traditionalists who resist change, However if those supporters conducted themsleves more like yourself then we wouldn't now be facing the embrassment of being seen as a racist club and losing our lifeline investor.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm

carl you said it all in your first paragraph QUOTE. Cardiff City was discussed in a hastily arranged meeting because of somebody leaking the story via the internet, the club had certain time frames and meetings planned with the fan’s representatives but this was taken away from the club to fully present the idea behind the re-branding.
thats where the problem lies. even us against it. had the summer to chill out and see the shirts in the club shop. and say.arr its not that bad, and maybe some nice summer signings could have swayed us. as for the insults on facebook etc, cant say everyone was a city fan, just people jumping on the bandwagon. lets hope the malaysians still love us, and see it as a lovers tiff :roll: thanks for the update carl :ayatollah:

Damned Yank wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

^^^^^^^^
This definately has to be done. How else can we move forward?

Any racists need to be investigated and if found guilty a lifetime ban needs to be imposed.

Carl

Well said in your opening post.

Can you try and ensure that this ban on racists is done (permanently , not just for now)to the full extent of your powers on here and ask all other moderators to do the same?

Keith

There is little doubt that we appreciate what the malaysians have done for us. Lessons have to be learned from this whole episode. Can we repair the damage?Of course we can! Just like any relationship all you need is communication and loyalty. I believe we can be classed as very loyal fans. We can have a good relationship with our Malaysian friends. All we ask for is honesty. Just like when we support our players on the field,if TG and VT have our best interests at heart then we can have a very prosperous future. When people become angry they sometimes lose control of their emotions. Genuine fans became scared and angry at some of the proposals being brought forward.
Idiots who made offensive comments are not a true reflection of our people.
As a proud Welshman I find It embarrassing that people behave like this.
We can share the malaysians vision for our future. I don't like the rebranding personally but these things can be discussed in a civilised manner. Just be open and honest and you will find that the welsh people will appreciate this.
I KNOW THAT YOU WILL READ THIS TONIGHT you are welcome at our club
KEEP THE FAITH EVERYONE :ayatollah:

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Seconded!

Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:

Our moderators know who they are Annis and Carl need to get them to apologise unreservedly

I personally asked a moderator who was online at the time to issue a statement regarding racial abuse... THEY DID NOTHING!!!