Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 am

My thoughts are that like many many others i was against losing our Badge and Bluebirds identity but i think the whole scenario has been badly handled. How did they allow the news to leak out creating the furore we have witnessed the Malaysians plans could & should have been discussed with the various supporters groups and some form of compromise should have been found.

Some of the anti Malaysian stuff on this MSGB has been disgusting and in some cases racist and very offensive I have got to be honest if i was putting 1oo million pound into a football club i would want to make some changes and personally if i had that sort of money i would name one of the stands in memory of my Father and i am sure that would cause numerous protests but it would be my money and my right to do so!

However the one thing i wouldn't do is completely disregard the Clubs history and trtadition and in the process upset around 90% of the fans who come to support the team.

COMPROMISE was and is the key word i just hope it's not too late for all the parties concerned to sit down and find a solution which embraces both our history and tradition coupled with developing new markets. To do this we would have to accept some change but not has drastic as that initially announced.

However i fear that it might all be too late and now i wonder what the future holds for Cardiff City FC
:?:

Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 am

carlccfc wrote:I have just returned from another meeting with other fan’s representatives at the CCS, you will all have read the open letter penned by TG by now I am sure. On Tuesday the topic of rebranding Cardiff City was discussed in a hastily arranged meeting because of somebody leaking the story via the internet, the club had certain time frames and meetings planned with the fan’s representatives but this was taken away from the club to fully present the idea behind the re-branding.

Of course we all accept whether or not the story was leaked the rebranding was going an emotive issue to each and every fan. But the club has not been afforded their right to properly show the whole package and reasons, so we can understand, what the package means for our club.

Personally I want the cake and I want to eat it ( I wanted to remain blue, keep our badge as it is and have £100million of Vincent Tan’s investment) but that was not the investment package, we all know what it is and anyone who thinks that the £100million was not serious I can hand on heart tell you that I believe it was for real and it would have changed this football club for the better.
Vincent Tan has thus far pumped in close on £40million of his own money and has not taken a penny out; he was willing to pump in another £60million and turn every penny into equity, leaving this club debt free.

The Malaysians were surprised at the level of reaction from some of the fans, even though they expected some form of backlash, some of the abuse I have heard tonight that he has received has been totally unjust and downright sickening. From burning of Malaysian flags and personal threats are beyond the pale and this must not continue, I urge every fan to consider what they write on social networks and message boards and just think what this man has done for our club so far, his intention was never to upset us but he genuinely believes he can make this club the real deal.

Whether it is a lack of understanding of both cultures, the one thing that cannot be right anywhere around the world is racial and personal abuse.

Alan Whiteley approached Vincent Tan about the badge yesterday and Vincent agreed to have the Bluebird placed back on to the badge as he understood what the Bluebird signified too many of us. A compromise was reached, maybe it is not the best compromise, maybe others didn’t want a compromise and simply want to stay blue and as we are, but Vincent Tan wants to make this club a global brand and he has an idea of how to achieve it, can we argue with his previous record of making money and marketing?

So where do we go from here?

Firstly I would suggest that any demonstrations and fan’s meeting are left well alone, the abuse and anti-Malaysian posting on Facebook, Twitter and message boards stop.

We must show Vincent Tan that we are not personally against this man, yes we feel strongly about our club and our identity but it is right that we protect the future of the club in the long term also.

TG is flying in on Sunday in readiness for the scheduled board meeting next Monday, hopefully TG and Alan Whiteley can convince Vincent Tan that we are not anti-Malaysian, flag burning people but we do welcome him into our club.

It is not all lost, Vincent Tan has not walked away and Alan Whiteley believes he can reassure Vincent Tan that it is not personal but Vincent Tan was hurt by the hateful remarks said and that must stop.

I was there when the Malaysians arrived and we had a Malaysian flag welcoming committee for them, we have an opportunity as Cardiff City fans to embrace the real good times and celebrate success for many years but there must be give and take from us as well as the Malaysians, they have given us 40 million reasons so far to realise they are serious about their commitment in our club, they do not like confrontation and have been hurt by some of what has been written in the past 48 hours.

Langston are so close to being settled I can smell it, the stadium expansion plans are with the architects right now, club officials have been all over the Premier League club’s training facilities taking all the best bits so we can incorporate their best into ours, Malky Mackay and Alan Whiteley have been discussing the players Malky has identified he wants most of the day.

Can we recover from this, I believe we can, but that will only happen if City fans believe in what the Malaysians say they are going to do for this football club.

At the moment Vincent Tan is considering his options, do I want to see him driven from our club, no I do not.

Let’s debate the situation but let’s keep it sensible and on the side of decency.

Excellent post. But again why was this allowed to be leaked? Sack the person who did it as an example of disloyalty, and the damage it has done.
The club PR dept. should have jumped on this as soon as it was leaked and told everyone to keep calm and hear the reasons (which are very good business reasons I think). Saying it was non-negotiable just got everyone very very annoyed and upset. No excuse for cowardly personal attacks on the internet though. Happy we are staying in blue but would have had to accept the change. Hope the Malaysians accept our apologies for the personal unjustified attacks, but they must understand (certainly now) how much the club means to a lot of people.

Not making excuses but we have been ripped off by so many in the past few years that maybe this was the final straw, and fans "exploded" with rage. If this could be conveyed to TG and VT it could go some way to hopefully explain the actions of city fans. Lets hope so.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 am

Racial abuse is totally disgusting and we should never go down that road .Regarding this recent nonsense well its typical of today's society where football as become a business and where businesses are run with high level management not caring one bit except for their profits.I personally started supporting Cardiff city cause it gave me a sense of identity ,a belonging , a sub culture which was around music ,fashion and the foundation which was football .It was'nt about success ,those who craved success then were the few sad ones who felt left out and whose only connection with their club was sat infront of their TV in their replica jersey .
We the supporters should be able to voice our opinions without the possible threat of not being allowed in the ground which has happened with other clubs like Leeds under Ken Bates .People who 'own' football clubs don't care about the person who buys a season ticket or who travels around the country every other week ,they just care about their corporate sponsors and the TV money .They want a quick profit ,they aren't building a club .The club's foundations were built a long time ago on the hard working money of the people of South Wales ,a area which has fought hard for their voices to be heard against this type of corporate bullshit .
Like others the trips to Wembley were great but so were trips to other less so attractive grounds or the trips to clubs in Europe .I will support Cardiff City whatever division they play in and still will make sacrifices to watch as many games as possible .I always express to people my 'love' for Cardiff city ,I believe in them as they are the Bluebirds .Like I have said before Blue in the retail business is mainly associated with the high luxury brands who have reached out to the far east ,while red is linked to the low end market such as TX Max .If you believe in the 'brand ' like so many like myself you don't need to change anything .We have a team built around the people of South Wales who make it attractive to people from other parts of the UK to follow us .The humour on trips ,the songs ,the history of the area its not the success never has been .New branding won't get extra bums on seats it just might get a short term profit .We the supporters are the best form of advertising ,being proud of the club ,the history ,the great players ,the loyal players ,the trips ,the friends we have made .

BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS

Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 am

GUFF wrote:Racial abuse is totally disgusting and we should never go down that road .Regarding this recent nonsense well its typical of today's society where football as become a business and where businesses are run with high level management not caring one bit except for their profits.I personally started supporting Cardiff city cause it gave me a sense of identity ,a belonging , a sub culture which was around music ,fashion and the foundation which was football .It was'nt about success ,those who craved success then were the few sad ones who felt left out and whose only connection with their club was sat infront of their TV in their replica jersey .
We the supporters should be able to voice our opinions without the possible threat of not being allowed in the ground which has happened with other clubs like Leeds under Ken Bates .People who 'own' football clubs don't care about the person who buys a season ticket or who travels around the country every other week ,they just care about their corporate sponsors and the TV money .They want a quick profit ,they aren't building a club .The club's foundations were built a long time ago on the hard working money of the people of South Wales ,a area which has fought hard for their voices to be heard against this type of corporate bullshit .
Like others the trips to Wembley were great but so were trips to other less so attractive grounds or the trips to clubs in Europe .I will support Cardiff City whatever division they play in and still will make sacrifices to watch as many games as possible .I always express to people my 'love' for Cardiff city ,I believe in them as they are the Bluebirds .Like I have said before Blue in the retail business is mainly associated with the high luxury brands who have reached out to the far east ,while red is linked to the low end market such as TX Max .If you believe in the 'brand ' like so many like myself you don't need to change anything .We have a team built around the people of South Wales who make it attractive to people from other parts of the UK to follow us .The humour on trips ,the songs ,the history of the area its not the success never has been .New branding won't get extra bums on seats it just might get a short term profit .We the supporters are the best form of advertising ,being proud of the club ,the history ,the great players ,the loyal players ,the trips ,the friends we have made .

BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS

Top post

Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 am

GUFF wrote:Racial abuse is totally disgusting and we should never go down that road .Regarding this recent nonsense well its typical of today's society where football as become a business and where businesses are run with high level management not caring one bit except for their profits.I personally started supporting Cardiff city cause it gave me a sense of identity ,a belonging , a sub culture which was around music ,fashion and the foundation which was football .It was'nt about success ,those who craved success then were the few sad ones who felt left out and whose only connection with their club was sat infront of their TV in their replica jersey .

BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS

This^^

The racists are narrow-minded idiots and some may feel I'm a narrow-minded idiot because I want to stay blue. I've loved this club with all I have and even put my personal and financial safety on the line to support them from time to time. I would walk away from it all if the colour changed, sounds narrow-minded as I say it but it's true.

Guff summed it up much better than I ever could and I thank him for that. :ayatollah:

However if the club did go red and receive the investment I would wish the owners, all fans with a bit more sense than me that stayed loyal and any future fans of the club attracted by any success nothing but the best as they are still representing my home.

I've enjoyed the whole ride but each time I look at my tattoo and my old photos/shirts and watch my old vids to me it just wouldn't be that club I was watching any longer. I've spoken to many who left when Toshack was sold and said they'd never go back and I've thought, my god it was just one player in the whole history of the club, get over it. To me however although some may feel it is the same I feel it is a much bigger thing.

I don't support this club because they are good/impressive/successful, I support them 'cos my dad took me down to Ninian Park in the 70's and my team came out in a blue kit with white and yellow trim and it was magical, nothing less to me. If we stay blue and STAY ALIVE (because I realise that could be at stake) then "I'll be there" in whatever league we play in and I'll be proud to be "Cardiff City" as I have always been, knowing it is the true incarnation of the club I adore.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

For you pathetic clueless morons who without thinking of the bigger picture in regards of what could have been achieved for this Club until you showed your intent on behaving like a bunch sycophantical F**wits talking heaps of s**t in regards to the Clubs history when most of you have only been following the Club these past few years and would not know what history was if it fell out of the sky and landed on your heads and please dont tell me that you would be happier if we kept our Blue strip and existing badge even if it meant going back to watching our team in the third Division with a few thousand fans playing against Rochdale whilst it was pissing down with rain on a dank Tuesday evening because i know unlike myself being a ST holder you only turned up when it suited and you beg stole or borrowed just to get a hold tickets for our Clubs Finals and Semi finals .
Let me explain about HISTORY to the minority of fans who obviously from the past few days lack the intelligence and nous by blurting on about colours of shirts and Badges and all the rest of the crap they could spew out without even taking in all the facts,History will relate to various era's throughout the Clubs existence and one such period being the past six years and from what the Malaysians were proposing would continue that success on a bigger scale!.
So i suggest to all you antagonist that you crawl on your bare stomach's across broken glass all the way to the CCS Stadium from wherever you come from and beg the Malaysians for forgiveness because thanks to your idiotic and crass actions we will be lucky if we have them around much longer bailing us out week in and week out.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:For you pathetic clueless morons who without thinking of the bigger picture in regards of what could have been achieved for this Club until you showed your intent on behaving like a bunch sycophantical F**wits talking heaps of s**t in regards to the Clubs history when most of you have only been following the Club these past few years and would not know what history was if it fell out of the sky and landed on your heads an
d please dont tell me that you would be happier if we kept our Blue strip and existing badge even if it meant going back to watching our team in the third Division with a few thousand fans playing against Rochdale whilst it was pissing down with rain on a dank Tuesday evening because i know unlike myself being a ST holder you only turned up when it suited and you beg stole or borrowed just to get a hold tickets for our Clubs Finals and Semi finals .
Let me explain about HISTORY to the minority of fans who obviously from the past few days lack the intelligence and nous by blurting on about colours of shirts and Badges and all the rest of the crap they could spew out without even taking in all the facts,History will relate to various era's throughout the Clubs existence and one such period being the past six years and from what the Malaysians were proposing would continue that success on a bigger scale!.
So i suggest to all you antagonist that you crawl on your bare stomach's across broken glass all the way to the CCS Stadium from wherever you come from and beg the Malaysians for forgiveness because thanks to your idiotic and crass actions we will be lucky if we have them around much longer bailing us out week in and week out.

Well said and spot on.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:09 am

A very sensible and logical posting Carl.

:old: Why do we all go to Cardiff City ? We go in the first instance to watch a football match ,to follow our team which has been the case for over 100 years and for our love of the beautiful game which hasn,t changed much but times have. No longer is the game of football on the pitch the driving force for a successful club. Whether we like it of not football clubs have become business ventures for those lucky enough to be able to afford to invest in it.
We are all extremely proud and so passionate about our Cardiff City and have to accept that the way to progess competitively against our rivals is to welcome any investment into the club and if that means a break in tradition then so be it. I am not saying just fold and give in to the re branding highlighted so much in recent days. The hysteria and appalling behaviour shown by some Cardiff City fans , in my opinion, are not welcome into our fold and I totally disassociate myself from them.
I truly believe the Malaysian group have a real passion for the club , yes there are business ventures which could make them money ,but with the offer of £100 million to the club they have every right to have a say in club issues.
Now the hysteria has cooled , level heads , mutual respect and understanding by all parties involved should prevail and hopefully at the end of this time of turmoil, everyone can move forward together and achieve the success that this wonderful football club of Cardiff City deserves.
On a personal note I would like to thank the Malaysian Group and all of those who manage the club on a daily basis for attempting to achieve our dreams of success. :!:

Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 am

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:For you pathetic clueless morons who without thinking of the bigger picture in regards of what could have been achieved for this Club until you showed your intent on behaving like a bunch sycophantical F**wits talking heaps of s**t in regards to the Clubs history when most of you have only been following the Club these past few years and would not know what history was if it fell out of the sky and landed on your heads and please dont tell me that you would be happier if we kept our Blue strip and existing badge even if it meant going back to watching our team in the third Division with a few thousand fans playing against Rochdale whilst it was pissing down with rain on a dank Tuesday evening because i know unlike myself being a ST holder you only turned up when it suited and you beg stole or borrowed just to get a hold tickets for our Clubs Finals and Semi finals .

Stop being such a drame queen.The Malaysians tried to force in fundamental changes behind our backs without proper consultation.Their plans were leaked and we were then told that we had to accept the plans or risk the loss of investment.Some so called fans leaders were even telling us that the Malaysians would walk away and that we had no choice but to accept. Some fans had the guts to stand against these proposals and this stance was high risk I agree but better than selling out.The result to date is a statement from the Malaysians indicating that they still have the same love for the club and that we will be playing next year in blue with our beloved bluebird. This statement indicates that they will not be walking away which is now contrary to the propaganda that was being fed to us by certain fans leaders.Although there may be a rethink on their investment strategy, it is pointless putting out propaganda that we have lost it all until the Malaysians reveal their hand next week. :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Top post Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: