Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm

I have just returned from another meeting with other fan’s representatives at the CCS, you will all have read the open letter penned by TG by now I am sure. On Tuesday the topic of rebranding Cardiff City was discussed in a hastily arranged meeting because of somebody leaking the story via the internet, the club had certain time frames and meetings planned with the fan’s representatives but this was taken away from the club to fully present the idea behind the re-branding.

Of course we all accept whether or not the story was leaked the rebranding was going an emotive issue to each and every fan. But the club has not been afforded their right to properly show the whole package and reasons, so we can understand, what the package means for our club.

Personally I want the cake and I want to eat it ( I wanted to remain blue, keep our badge as it is and have £100million of Vincent Tan’s investment) but that was not the investment package, we all know what it is and anyone who thinks that the £100million was not serious I can hand on heart tell you that I believe it was for real and it would have changed this football club for the better.

Vincent Tan has thus far pumped in close on £40million of his own money and has not taken a penny out; he was willing to pump in another £60million and turn every penny into equity, leaving this club debt free.

The Malaysians were surprised at the level of reaction from some of the fans, even though they expected some form of backlash, some of the abuse I have heard tonight that he has received has been totally unjust and downright sickening. From burning of Malaysian flags and personal threats are beyond the pale and this must not continue, I urge every fan to consider what they write on social networks and message boards and just think what this man has done for our club so far, his intention was never to upset us but he genuinely believes he can make this club the real deal.

Whether it is a lack of understanding of both cultures, the one thing that cannot be right anywhere around the world is racial and personal abuse.

Alan Whiteley approached Vincent Tan about the badge yesterday and Vincent agreed to have the Bluebird placed back on to the badge as he understood what the Bluebird signified too many of us. A compromise was reached, maybe it is not the best compromise, maybe others didn’t want a compromise and simply want to stay blue and as we are, but Vincent Tan wants to make this club a global brand and he has an idea of how to achieve it, can we argue with his previous record of making money and marketing?

So where do we go from here?

Firstly I would suggest that any demonstrations and fan’s meeting are left well alone, the abuse and anti-Malaysian posting on Facebook, Twitter and message boards stop.

We must show Vincent Tan that we are not personally against this man, yes we feel strongly about our club and our identity but it is right that we protect the future of the club in the long term also.

TG is flying in on Sunday in readiness for the scheduled board meeting next Monday, hopefully TG and Alan Whiteley can convince Vincent Tan that we are not anti-Malaysian, flag burning people but we do welcome him into our club.

It is not all lost, Vincent Tan has not walked away and Alan Whiteley believes he can reassure Vincent Tan that it is not personal but Vincent Tan was hurt by the hateful remarks said and that must stop.

I was there when the Malaysians arrived and we had a Malaysian flag welcoming committee for them, we have an opportunity as Cardiff City fans to embrace the real good times and celebrate success for many years but there must be give and take from us as well as the Malaysians, they have given us 40 million reasons so far to realise they are serious about their commitment in our club, they do not like confrontation and have been hurt by some of what has been written in the past 48 hours.

Langston are so close to being settled I can smell it, the stadium expansion plans are with the architects right now, club officials have been all over the Premier League club’s training facilities taking all the best bits so we can incorporate their best into ours, Malky Mackay and Alan Whiteley have been discussing the players Malky has identified he wants most of the day.

Can we recover from this, I believe we can, but that will only happen if City fans believe in what the Malaysians say they are going to do for this football club.

At the moment Vincent Tan is considering his options, do I want to see him driven from our club, no I do not.

Let’s debate the situation but let’s keep it sensible and on the side of decency.

Re: "MY TAKE ON THE SITUATION"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

lets just pray for some common sense or we are going to go bust

Can't say fairer than that Carl, well put.

So the rumors of Tan's demise are unfounded, at least at this stage?

The damage has been done, I don't believe we can claw back any respect off this man.

"Of course we all accept whether or not the story was leaked the rebranding was going an emotive issue to each and every fan".

is it? why do you say "every fan"?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Hmm interesting its a shame that the coporation of Tan to put the bluebird on the badge wasnt leaked as well might have done us more good than anything. Well I wouldnt complain if Tan wants to leave now after everything. Shows that the club needs to stop with the leaks thats what caused all this

Not your fault Carl but it would have helped had much of this info been put out on Tuesday too.

What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Let's cut to the chase here.

Are you saying that there is still a possibility that the money will be invested?

Where do we stand right now?

At this moment, what do you believe to be the Malaysians intentions?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the spin.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Die Walkure wrote:What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

^^^^^^^^
This definately has to be done. How else can we move forward?

Any racists need to be investigated and if found guilty a lifetime ban needs to be imposed.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

I can think of a million and one compromises. Even if they are certain they want to use the dragon badge I don't see why they couldn't add the bluebird to another part of the shirt, it wouldn't be as dominant but keeps the identity.

davids wrote:Let's cut to the chase here.

Are you saying that there is still a possibility that the money will be invested?

I asked Carl last night if we could lose VT because of all the neagative vitriol, and he said then no - it doesn't look that way to me now.

CARL WOULD YOU BE HAPPY WITH A RED TOP AND BLUEBIRDS AS THE CREST??

We, as fans, need to do something to get VT back on Side

I was, as many others, against the idea as it was the Bluebird being lost that got to me but as this day has passed, I really think we need to support the Man

Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

i think carl people are beginning to realise we must have some sort of compromise, if its going to be that well ok red shirt bluebird badge can still say bluebirds! no change is not an option if want VT to stay and there is no option, gut feeling is all will be sorted and we will go forward from here which i believe will lead to something bigger and premiership status! hopefully next week is the beginning not the end!

Where and what time is the meeting?

We should all turn up with Malaysian flags. :ayatollah:

lets start by signing the pitition we need vt back on our side , no more fighting we are cardiff city and i want to suport the boys for as long as i liv :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: e
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/back ... d-or-dead/

Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Fully agree Carl.

I've kept out of the "debate" as I see the need for change if Cardiff City are to up there with "big boys" but can to a certain extent appreciate those who are unable to accept change.

I don't live in the UK anymore otherwise I'd be there when VT flies in waving a Malaysian flag as without him I doubt very much there would be a Cardiff City.

As for the personal insults and so called racial slurs which to be honest I haven't actually seen, mods may have been deleting them I honestly don't know, then those "people" should be banned for life from here.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

cheers for the info carl really hope wecan sort this out asap m8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Die Walkure wrote:
davids wrote:Let's cut to the chase here.

I asked Carl last night if we could lose VT because of all the neagative vitriol, and he said then no - it doesn't look that way to me now.

Thanks Die.

Carl,

I would appreciate an answer please.

So all is not lost then Carl? Pheeew, I really do believe these guys are sincere in their intentions and we really should give them a chance to at least show us the offer formally which as you say was denied to them because of the leak, I am starting to again feel slighty optimistic again now thank you

Is the Jay Rodriguez signing still a possibility?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:i think carl people are beginning to realise we must have some sort of compromise, if its going to be that well ok red shirt bluebird badge can still say bluebirds! no change is not an option if want VT to stay and there is no option, gut feeling is all will be sorted and we will go forward from here which i believe will lead to something bigger and premiership status! hopefully next week is the beginning not the end!

for that to happen (and I already think its too late) very evry radical action would need to be taken - the banning of racists and the vast majority of fans saying they would want the changes is the only thing that I can possibly think of that could remedy this situation - but I think VT and TG are honest and decent men and I suspect they have already decided this is not the club for them after all the garbage they've had to put up with.

Damned Yank wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:What about this messageboard naming and shaming any posters who used racist remarks against them and banning them for life - and informing the Malaysiand this has been done and that any further racist posters will immediately be banned on a zero tolerance basis?

^^^^^^^^
This definately has to be done. How else can we move forward?

Any racists need to be investigated and if found guilty a lifetime ban needs to be imposed.

this has to be done

This.

What I don't like is that all of us that were against the rebrand are suddenly being all tarred with the same brush.
Most of us are NOT anti malaysian. Most of us did NOT post or send abuse, or threaten anything.
The protests and fans meetings that were planned were NOT an attempt at pushing VT or TG out of the club, but to show them both how much we care about our clubs identity.
It is sad that all that has been missed because a small number of idiots did post abuse and such.

An apology from the representatives of this forum for allowing anti-Malaysian comments on here would be a good start towards putting the situation right.

Thank you Carl. I watched in disbelief today as someone called SavetheBluebirds called for flag burning - he was also responsible for many oif the more aggresive and abusve posts on here. I note that these posts now seem to have been removed. I sincerely hope Mr Tan does not believe that all city fans were prepared to stoop to such levels. In fact, do we know for sure that some of these abusive posts even came from our fans?

I sincerely hope that the relationshiop with our benefactors can be repaired. How anyonbe could doubt there committment was beyond me - we have all seen them at the CCS and the joy they show when walking around the pitch is so obviously genuine. I met TG and his wife when you took and posted photo of them talking to my son outside the ground and thier interest in him made his day.

Personally, I was against the rebranding but commented today that I was prepared to listen to what the club had to say before deciding how best to get my feelings across to them - rotest marches are not my style. Now, it seems I don't need to do that as the rebranding has been scrapped, but at what cost?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

eighty_8 wrote:We, as fans, need to do something to get VT back on Side

I was, as many others, against the idea as it was the Bluebird being lost that got to me but as this day has passed, I really think we need to support the Man

Totally agree with this..... Any ideas how we can show that we do appreciate what they bring... We know they are very proud people and we are extremely passionate about our club.. But they need to know we are onside...