Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "My opinion please keep responses civil and measured"

Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 am

since62 wrote:
vince.alm wrote:I am very concerned as the statement was all in the past tense! all we can do at the moment is try and be civil about the way we go about our business, try not to make it personal and respect everyones opinion who posts in a civil and democratic manner with no racist, vitriol, and bullying

As usual Vince , a well thought through and sensible expression of your views.

Unfortunately , blatant racism has been accepted (and even condoned) on this messageboard for far too long to the extent that those who post such offensive drivel think that it is OK for them to do so and to extend their vile comments to other media.

As you know , at Tuesday`s meeting everyone gave their honest personal opinions on the changes they had been told were to be put through no matter what. But no matter how strong those views were , they were given politely with no sniff of abuse or insults involved directed against either the club officials there or VT/TG. From what I have seen (it is only a small sample mind) the vast majority of fans who have given their views here and through other channels have done the same.

Why do we allow a small minority incapable of acting as decent human beings to spoil it for eveyone else?

Keith, your comments above are bang on....

There are individuals (one in particular) that have hi-jacked this great MB for their own motives (not all good) and have been allowed to get away with constant racism, abuse and threats. The mad thing is that SOME think it is ok and find it amusing!! :roll:

With regard to the meeting on the weekend I sincerely hope that you will post your thoughts after the event, as they will surely be reasoned, factual and informative :ayatollah:

Fri May 11, 2012 7:51 am

Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:Sorry vince i dont agree. Ive read this board for the last few days and have NOT read a racist comment. There are going to be a few sharp views exchanged, and over a subject as emotive as this that is only to be expected. There another thread asking for posters to refrain from any personal and racist insults and that has been upheld.

You've clearly not paid any attention.

Nukes said some vile stuff which was quickly deleted by the mods.

You get vile stuff said in any social situation( pub,work, ect) im not condoning it, but it does happen. As i said another thread started by polo put the case against abusive and rasict posts perfectly, no one in that thread disagreed. I f obviously havent read every post, i wouldnt call that not paying ANY attention. The debate ' on the whole' has imo been clean and robust. Lets not get to precious, it is a football msg board.

The fact it's a football message board shouldn't mean we condone racism. There were dozens of one post wonders saying terrible things. p0lo was suggesting that malaysians are somehow inhuman and don't deserve education. He was allowed to create dozens of threads saying exactly the same thing all because the powers that be either weren't onl;ine or supported the general view point and didn't want to reduce the amount of support they had.

P0lo is a multi (probably a Jack, or Daya) and got f**k all to do with me thank you very much.

I pointed out in my own thread that making personal insults towards the malaysians was not the way forward, and predicted what was coming.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79550

Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 am

polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:Sorry vince i dont agree. Ive read this board for the last few days and have NOT read a racist comment. There are going to be a few sharp views exchanged, and over a subject as emotive as this that is only to be expected. There another thread asking for posters to refrain from any personal and racist insults and that has been upheld.

You've clearly not paid any attention.

Nukes said some vile stuff which was quickly deleted by the mods.

You get vile stuff said in any social situation( pub,work, ect) im not condoning it, but it does happen. As i said another thread started by polo put the case against abusive and rasict posts perfectly, no one in that thread disagreed. I f obviously havent read every post, i wouldnt call that not paying ANY attention. The debate ' on the whole' has imo been clean and robust. Lets not get to precious, it is a football msg board.

The fact it's a football message board shouldn't mean we condone racism. There were dozens of one post wonders saying terrible things. p0lo was suggesting that malaysians are somehow inhuman and don't deserve education. He was allowed to create dozens of threads saying exactly the same thing all because the powers that be either weren't onl;ine or supported the general view point and didn't want to reduce the amount of support they had.

P0lo is a multi (probably a Jack, or Daya) and got f**k all to do with me thank you very much.

I pointed out in my own thread that making personal insults towards the malaysians was not the way forward, and predicted what was coming.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79550

The thread has been up for 40 hours, did the people professing outrage feel strongly enough to comment on it? Or was their silence because the " bandwagon" hadnt started rolling then?

Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 am

Racial abuse is totally disgusting and we should never go down that road .Regarding this recent nonsense well its typical of today's society where football as become a business and where businesses are run with high level management not caring one bit except for their profits.I personally started supporting Cardiff city cause it gave me a sense of identity ,a belonging , a sub culture which was around music ,fashion and the foundation which was football .It was'nt about success ,those who craved success then were the few sad ones who felt left out and whose only connection with their club was sat infront of their TV in their replica jersey .
We the supporters should be able to voice our opinions without the possible threat of not being allowed in the ground which has happened with other clubs like Leeds under Ken Bates .People who 'own' football clubs don't care about the person who buys a season ticket or who travels around the country every other week ,they just care about their corporate sponsors and the TV money .They want a quick profit ,they aren't building a club .The club's foundations were built a long time ago on the hard working money of the people of South Wales ,a area which has fought hard for their voices to be heard against this type of corporate bullshit .
Like others the trips to Wembley were great but so were trips to other less so attractive grounds or the trips to clubs in Europe .I will support Cardiff City whatever division they play in and still will make sacrifices to watch as many games as possible .

BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS

Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 am

Why did the club not announce their plans in a proper formal statement?

The whole matter could have been avoided.

Many of their arguements/reasons seem reasonable to me.

I do not want the red colour, but as Vince says it could have been changed back in years to come, if it was the only way forward.
Whoever the person is who leaked the info. has a lot to answer for. Can they be trusted to work in the club and in my opinion (and if they worked in my company) should be sacked.

Like I said I was against the change, but if it had been presented in a proper manner then I would have gone along with it.

Who said VT said it was non-negotiable? That was a really bad stirring it up comment to make, especially if not true.
Strangely in many ways I agree with TG's statement about the reasons for doing it. They were valid business reasons and if presented to reasonable people would have been accepted.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:14 am

Just as our fans initially reacted kneejerk, I hope that the 'open' letter is the same from TG and VT. One thing is for sure - we all want the best for Cardiff City FC.

Whether this was handled wrong, misstimed, stoked up by others etc - it has been a pivotal few days in our history.

I hope like us, that VT and TG calm down too and understand the passion (apart from the tiny few who personalised this) was due to the lack of understanding and reason. And that there is a positive future as a club and a business at Cardiff City.

We are a one club capital city in europe - there is potential to fly here - please dont let this go.
A dust up is fine to clear the air and I hope this turns out to be the case.

I hope this can be a lesson learned and what makes us more unified but cant help my sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

For me this really is kill or cure

Fri May 11, 2012 9:32 am

What I find very interesting with this thread the lack of response by certain individuals

Fri May 11, 2012 11:51 am

dinosaur supporters have killed our club .... if they so desperately wanted to see a team play in blue in the 4th tier then they can always follow rochdale or macclesfield!

Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 pm

AHERNE wrote:dinosaur supporters have killed our club .... if they so desperately wanted to see a team play in blue in the 4th tier then they can always follow rochdale or macclesfield!

If you are that desperate for a red team in the Prem League f**k off and support Liverpool you plastic tw*t

Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm

polo wrote:
AHERNE wrote:dinosaur supporters have killed our club .... if they so desperately wanted to see a team play in blue in the 4th tier then they can always follow rochdale or macclesfield!

If you are that desperate for a red team in the Prem League f**k off and support Liverpool you plastic tw*t
I see you are still carrying on with the insults

Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 pm

wayne wrote:
polo wrote:

I see you are still carrying on with the insults

Works both ways :roll:

Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Agree 100% Vince

These guys run a massive business empire and I fear we have, through the hysteria and ignorance missed an opportunity to protect this great club we all love.

If they have have read half the crap posted in the last few days god only knows what they are thinking

Fri May 11, 2012 5:37 pm

vince.alm wrote:My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.

Well said Vince is there nay way back???