Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "My opinion please keep responses civil and measured"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Top post Vince :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

jama wrote:Sorry vince i dont agree. Ive read this board for the last few days and have NOT read a racist comment. There are going to be a few sharp views exchanged, and over a subject as emotive as this that is only to be expected. There another thread asking for posters to refrain from any personal and racist insults and that has been upheld.

You've clearly not paid any attention.

Nukes said some vile stuff which was quickly deleted by the mods.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

With all respects Vince , we r Cardiff City the Bluebirds and that's all we want . You and I have been there from old Div 2 to Div 4 then League 2 to Championship and loved it . Kumar , Wright , Cadman , Sam have all come and gone . I'm still here and wearing blue !

Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Great post . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

I have nothing but the up most respect for Dato Chan Tien Ghee and Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun. I hope that the silent majority at Cardiff City will also let these great men know just how much they are respected.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Vince i wasn,t working today so i spent most of the day on this board trying to talk some sence to the knuckleheads on here, some were acting nothing short of activists, i dont want the colours changed but would it not have been easier to ride with it, wait until the investment was spent on the training facility and extension to the ground and then askd for talks to go back to our traditioal colours??? i knew it would end up like this, i, like youn spent the first 20 years following city in the sh*t divisions, i don,t want to see us back there, i feel physicly sick tonight!!!!!

Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

vince.alm wrote:My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.

as always vince many words of wisdom.You can rely on my cooperation. :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

The malaysians are obviously very intelligent men,they surely must see that racist and damaging comments made about them were only done by a small minority of people.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm

vince.alm wrote:I am very concerned as the statement was all in the past tense! all we can do at the moment is try and be civil about the way we go about our business, try not to make it personal and respect everyones opinion who posts in a civil and democratic manner with no racist, vitriol, and bullying

As usual Vince , a well thought through and sensible expression of your views.

Unfortunately , blatant racism has been accepted (and even condoned) on this messageboard for far too long to the extent that those who post such offensive drivel think that it is OK for them to do so and to extend their vile comments to other media.

As you know , at Tuesday`s meeting everyone gave their honest personal opinions on the changes they had been told were to be put through no matter what. But no matter how strong those views were , they were given politely with no sniff of abuse or insults involved directed against either the club officials there or VT/TG. From what I have seen (it is only a small sample mind) the vast majority of fans who have given their views here and through other channels have done the same.

Why do we allow a small minority incapable of acting as decent human beings to spoil it for eveyone else?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Good post Vince lets hope things don't get worse (won't hold my breath)

Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Vince i don't understand how re-branding the club will make us more successful,
we are a football team, a good grass roots foundation, a squad of players all wanting to play for the club and not just a wage, with a squad big enough to, compete when in various competitions is what makes us successful.
pay to play or reduced wages if your not in the first team, and a reserves team fighting for a first team spot sorts out the players happy to warm their butts on the bench, and also solves the problem of side with no depth.

the way i have read it is, the red shirt would have sold more in the east, if that's the case, its a marketing thing and should have been marketed tidy.
great if we can get that kind of following abroad, but at what cost?

The reason behind changing the badge i have not had explained to me,
but answer me this, would the Rolls Royce motor company change their emblem and flying lady to sell more cars in one part of the world if it meant alienating the rest of it?

there surely was a good compromise and maybe your in a position to put this forward,

Blue shirts for home games
Red shirts for away games
I'm not sure if there are plans afoot to get Cardiff games aired live in the east if so maybe on them games we could compromise and play in red anyway.
and this thing with the dragon ?????????????? again is it an eastern motivation issue? or are they tying to say its giving us an identity ??
if they insist its part of some package, how about putting it on as a shadow in both blue and red shirts
thus leaving the internal design of the badge as it is or very similar
as for the abuse, insults and threats i find that disappointing

Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:Sorry vince i dont agree. Ive read this board for the last few days and have NOT read a racist comment. There are going to be a few sharp views exchanged, and over a subject as emotive as this that is only to be expected. There another thread asking for posters to refrain from any personal and racist insults and that has been upheld.

You get vile stuff said in any social situation( pub,work, ect) im not condoning it, but it does happen. As i said another thread started by polo put the case against abusive and rasict posts perfectly, no one in that thread disagreed. I f obviously havent read every post, i wouldnt call that not paying ANY attention. The debate ' on the whole' has imo been clean and robust. Lets not get to precious, it is a football msg board.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:

You get vile stuff said in any social situation( pub,work, ect) im not condoning it, but it does happen. As i said another thread started by polo put the case against abusive and rasict posts perfectly, no one in that thread disagreed. I f obviously havent read every post, i wouldnt call that not paying ANY attention. The debate ' on the whole' has imo been clean and robust. Lets not get to precious, it is a football msg board.

The fact it's a football message board shouldn't mean we condone racism. There were dozens of one post wonders saying terrible things. p0lo was suggesting that malaysians are somehow inhuman and don't deserve education. He was allowed to create dozens of threads saying exactly the same thing all because the powers that be either weren't onl;ine or supported the general view point and didn't want to reduce the amount of support they had.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Good post Vince.What does bother me though is that you mention on the other board that you were stopped from posting this earlier.Where did you try and post it,cause if this is so then it stinks.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:

The fact it's a football message board shouldn't mean we condone racism. There were dozens of one post wonders saying terrible things. p0lo was suggesting that malaysians are somehow inhuman and don't deserve education. He was allowed to create dozens of threads saying exactly the same thing all because the powers that be either weren't onl;ine or supported the general view point and didn't want to reduce the amount of support they had.

Read my post again. It clearly says" im NOT condoning it" may be you'r the one not paying any attention.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:15 pm

jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Read my post again. It clearly says" im NOT condoning it" may be you'r the one not paying any attention.

You basically said it happens, deal with it. That sounds a lot like condoning to me!

Thu May 10, 2012 8:18 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:Vince i don't understand how re-branding the club will make us more successful,
we are a football team, a good grass roots foundation, a squad of players all wanting to play for the club and not just a wage, with a squad big enough to, compete when in various competitions is what makes us successful.
pay to play or reduced wages if your not in the first team, and a reserves team fighting for a first team spot sorts out the players happy to warm their butts on the bench, and also solves the problem of side with no depth.

the way i have read it is, the red shirt would have sold more in the east, if that's the case, its a marketing thing and should have been marketed tidy.
great if we can get that kind of following abroad, but at what cost?

The reason behind changing the badge i have not had explained to me,
but answer me this, would the Rolls Royce motor company change their emblem and flying lady to sell more cars in one part of the world if it meant alienating the rest of it?

there surely was a good compromise and maybe your in a position to put this forward,

Blue shirts for home games
Red shirts for away games
I'm not sure if there are plans afoot to get Cardiff games aired live in the east if so maybe on them games we could compromise and play in red anyway.
and this thing with the dragon ?????????????? again is it an eastern motivation issue? or are they tying to say its giving us an identity ??
if they insist its part of some package, how about putting it on as a shadow in both blue and red shirts
thus leaving the internal design of the badge as it is or very similar
as for the abuse, insults and threats i find that disappointing

This is guess but I believe that the reasons behind the colour change and dragon badge were aimed at both the Malaysian and Chinese markets.

Red for obvious reasons is very popular in China and it is no coincidence that Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool are currently the most popular clubs out there. The Dragon is also an important symbol in China and Wales is unique in the Western World as having a Dragon as an emblem also.

It is obvious that the Dragon would have been a very important symbol of joint cultural meeting between East and West and therefore a marketing dream.

The same is true to a lesser extent in Malaysia and it really doesn't need much imagination to see that this cultural meeting could have produced huge revenues via marketing out East.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jama wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Read my post again. It clearly says" im NOT condoning it" may be you'r thpe one not paying any attention.

You basically said it happens, deal with it. That sounds a lot like condoning to me!

I said it happens( it does). I did not say ' deal with it'. I do not condon it. Pay attention.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Excellent post Vince. To blow this opportunity for the sake of the colour of a shirt is pathetic. Yes tradition has its place but more often than not its an excuse for people who are afraid of change and like it in their comfort zone. Where would the world be if nothing ever got done because "oh we don't do that, it's tradition". The world keeps turning and you either keep up or fall away. I fear due to the few more vocal yet incredibly virtriolic and short sighted amongst us we will now suffer the latter.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 pm

vince.alm wrote:My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.

who made these comments? out the lowlife, lets show VT we dont accept this sort of behaviour here. then he may believe again.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Im 100% behind you on this Vince but perhaps we all have to bear some responsibility in that enough of us didnt speak up when the minority of idiots were making the most noise.
I really do hope that the Malaysians really understand that the vast majority of the fans support them and have great respect for them. After all if it hadnt been for the investment and continued support from them we probably would not have a club to follow now.
Just hope the ridiculous and hurtful things that have been said have not done irreparable damage to the relationship.

:( :( :(

Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

so all the "they eat dogs" and other comments wernt racist. im nt gonna repeat the other coments but they were out of order and they were racist

Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Spot on Vince!.. I am still confident VT will take over the club 100%, he has made plans for our club, I would be very surprised if he walked away over these idiots comments and the 40 million he has already invested or just leave us in struggling along, the changes will happen IMO
but over the next couple of seasons.. It's not what anyone involved with city really wants but it's what we really need to take us up to being a succesful premiership club and beyond... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 pm

well said vince . like ninian park the bluebirds wll live with us for ever. but if mr tan wants to take us to the premeirship let him have any coulor he thinks right otherwise alot of us may never see top flight football in cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:

so all the "they eat dogs" and other comments wernt racist. im nt gonna repeat the other coments but they were out of order and they were racist

I didnt see that post. I did see a thread started by tony jeffries( blue tit) on the other board about it. I refer you again to a thread on this page by polo saying keep personel and rasict comments OUT of this debate. Read it. Not one poster disagreed.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Im gutted that fans and management could not get together and reach compromise.
Last week our club had a bright future
This week its got a huge black cloud looming
I urge the supporters club to reach a dialogue with TG, surely we could except a red shirt with blue strip / stripe and keep our identity and badge.
For 100m surely we could except some change.
We either support VT or risk losing everything this club has built.
I was not for losing our badge and bluebirds name, neither was i for losing TG.

Support him and reach amicable agreement or risk administration and possible decade of lost dreams.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 pm

A leak from within the club fueled major anger with us fans me included I have been in a bad mood since I heard of the changes.

That person who ever they are have caused all of this resentment in that leak.

If the proper channels had been followed then a fair compromise would have been reached.

I was led to believe that the decisions had been made without consulting us fans and then as a result the anger just spilled over.

What a mess .How do you fix it its all a mess.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

brickyblue wrote:A leak from within the club fueled major anger with us fans me included I have been in a bad mood since I heard of the changes.

That person who ever they are have caused all of this resentment in that leak.

If the proper channels had been followed then a fair compromise would have been reached.

I was led to believe that the decisions had been made without consulting us fans and then as a result the anger just spilled over.

What a mess .How do you fix it its all a mess.

I agree with your coments, but will add that those with racist remarks stepped well over the line and could be prosecuted. If reported it will be taken seriously and racism could see some members in court over their coments.

how to fix the mess? I suggest someone with authority goes to the meeting with TG and tells him we are fantastic passionate supporters of our club and all that he is doing for us and we fully repect him. We are happy to sit down with him and discuss his needs and ambitions for our club and compromise so that everyone gets a satisfactory conclusion.
Hell if no one else is up to the task, i will do it myself if its what the real fans of our club want.

Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 pm

thanks for that write up vince, your opinion means alot to alot of cardiff fans, at first I was of the opinion, no way, its bluebirds or nothing, had a think, had a joke even, but have come to the opinion that, the way and manner we all found out about the rebranding knocked us for six. Im of the opinion chabge could be made welcome, but with talking to the fans, its reps etc, not a back me or im off scenario. I was against hammams badge change, but it come to, and in all fairness was ok, but it included the bluebird, why cant the malaysians think, ok red, but we could work the blue into it, a new badge, fine, but include the bluebird, surely this would appease alot of fans, and hopefully keep him happy ? its only my opinion, but who am I, just a bloke, aged 42, whose followed city, well since I can remember!!

Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 am

Great sensible post, the future of this club is more important than it's history. I will be devastated if TG walks away from this club, but wouldn't blame his after the abuse shown by some on here. Shame on you