Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"My opinion please keep responses civil and measured"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm

My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.

Re: My opinion please keep responses civil and measured

Thu May 10, 2012 7:14 pm

agreed, at the end of the day playing in red does not erase the clubs history, and if the badge changes so be it.
i would rather that than have no club at all.
as for racist comments, these are the same people who where praising the malaysians a few months ago.
maybe its time for the club to move on.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Well said Vince you wasnt the only one getting abuse it seems and that is whats caused all the friction between the fans its just a shame it came to that.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

No spin, telling it how it is.

Troubled times ahead.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 pm

At last a man with the club at heart and respect where it is due.I hope it's not to late to recover the situation. Some people on this site just love causing trouble, they are a cancer to our club.

Re: "My opinion please keep responses civil and measured"

Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 pm

It's too late.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

vince.alm wrote:My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.

Thank you Vince and this is probably the most sensible article i've read all week.

Hopefully something can be salvaged from this disappointing situation and those that sent racist abuse will be dealt with by the authorities.

I am totally against the change and it should never happen. But the way some people went about insulting the Malaysians was dreadful.
I don't believe this will be the end of the football club because it's a small minority of fans who racially abused them. As long as the fans representatives apologise on behalf of the fans and explain this to them I think it will be alrught.

And just because we are not wearing red next season doesn't mean the Malaysians will walk away

I just hope it is not too late.

I have always believed that compromise was the way to handle this and pray that it still can be achieved

TG needs to know that we want to work with him not against him

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

I am fully in your camp and yes would prefer to stay blue, but happy to have compromised to get the investment and be grateful to VT.

Sadly, many of our 'fans' have shown their true 'colour' in how abjectly horrible and down right thick they really are and he has seen it first hand. This MB in particular has a lot to answer for I'm afraid as it let people spout with very few boundaries and has done for ages.

Men like VT are not known for taking it on the chin. I genuinely think we are done.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I am very concerned as the statement was all in the past tense! all we can do at the moment is try and be civil about the way we go about our business, try not to make it personal and respect everyones opinion who posts in a civil and democratic manner with no racist, vitriol, and bullying

Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm

hya vince i was on many away trips with you and (mia) in mid seventies early 80s yes 50 was normal for us! anyway agree with what you say and lets just hope something can be salvaged from this mess, i like you dont want change but hey cant have cake and eat it! prefer team on way up than team onway down! everyone new the mess we are in so what were they expecting? 100ml for nothing! if you invest that kind money must have strategy to recoup it at some point, now we get to keep blue/badge but at what cost? and would it have been worth it? dont think so! history is in the past future is before us prefer to look forward than back, like you say not pleasant times then!

Thu May 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Excellent post vince.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:23 pm

annis saying the deal is still on and every thing looks good and now vince saying trouble around the corner ? some 1 is telling porkys i know who i belive . its a very sad day to be a cardiff fan

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/back ... d-or-dead/

Thu May 10, 2012 7:23 pm

WE SHOULD PROTEST FOR THE CHANGE OTHER WISE WE WILL SUFFER! IM ALL FOR IT I THINK WE SHOULD GO FOR THE CHANGE AND TELL VT THAT IT MUST GO AHEAD! HES TRYING TO SAFE THE CLUB!

Thu May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Good post Vince,I ve met tg few times and email and he's a great bloke who as saved the club,can't believe they have been abused,hope we can get them back on side,I'd rather be red than have no club at all.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Is it too late Vince?

Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm

all far too late :twisted:

Excellent post Vince. But reading that brings everything home :(

vince.alm wrote:My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

Thu May 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Well said Vince :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Well said Vince, I just hope they dont tar us all with the same brush, the ones that abused the Malaysians should of been banned

Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Im for compromise.......

Circular badge with bluebird

Red top/blue top with blue shorts/red shorts socks match top with trim

Stadium seating....red/blue/red/blue/red,etc.
or canton & grange blue..ninian & grandstand red

Thats compromise.....not a big deal isit

If we made noise on matchdays like we are now??

Thu May 10, 2012 7:30 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:WE SHOULD PROTEST FOR THE CHANGE OTHER WISE WE WILL SUFFER! IM ALL FOR IT I THINK WE SHOULD GO FOR THE CHANGE AND TELL VT THAT IT MUST GO AHEAD! HES TRYING TO SAFE THE CLUB!

no i disagree if we retract we will look stupid not just infront of the malaysians but the british press aswell
we made our stand on how important the colour and the badge and our nickname is to us, to make a u-turn would make us appear weak.
the only way weve made ourselves look stupid is by the way we voiced our opinion.
we have a voice lets not lose it.
to quote a film 'with great power comes great responsibility', as a collective we are a great power but we have to learn from this and exercise our power responsibly.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I personally believe that the deal will not be salvaged, I think the malaysians will initially stay but only until new investment is found. If they do stay then they need to be shown we are passionate, and 99% of us are pleased that they are here... I was not happy with the idea of change, but have sat back abit this week and have been eagerly waiting for the full story and ideas.. Some have jumped to the wrong conclusion and provided wrong ammunition i.e stadium change to red and scrapping the bluebirds name which they never had any intention of doing....

Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Vince knowing you on a personal level, hold your head upright kid, takes balls and heart to write that.

Good on you mate.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm

vince when is tg flying in are you meeting him if so please let us know what the outcome is hope its not to late to sort this mess out cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Sorry vince i dont agree. Ive read this board for the last few days and have NOT read a racist comment. There are going to be a few sharp views exchanged, and over a subject as emotive as this that is only to be expected. There another thread asking for posters to refrain from any personal and racist insults and that has been upheld.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

The main problem was the lack of an official statement and consultation of the fans.

Thus causing a mass panic amongst the fans.

Vicious rumours and speculation on this board also didn't help.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Banging the drum again Vincent :lol: